Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right that he needs the game to be played at his pace, but I also think he has the ability to slow the game down himself similar to the way Pendles does it. Not to the same level at this stage, but the signs are there IMO.

His reading of the play is really exceptional for a guy of his age. He's going to control games if he develops that skill to it's full potential.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:50 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Glad you're not expecting a line-breaker - I'm slightly worried that he might get outrun by the line.

On reflection, saying "I haven't liked any of it" was probably not what I meant. He does look like a good quality footballer, qua footballer, provided the game is played at his pace. I'm just desperately worried that his pace is not the one the rest of the competition plays at.

I think we and perhaps the selectors are all waiting for that one break out game at VFL level that makes you go WOW.

I haven't really seen or heard about any evidence of a player that splits open the opposition with a piercing 50m kick (Maynard) or takes on the game and breaks the lines with run.

He's shown some small glimpses of Pendlebury like ability in traffic and being a good judge of a mark but his kicking or to be more precise the options he makes with them has been described as Armstrong like.

Basically short and wide.

No one is expecting him to be at his best yet given the amount of football he's missed but hopefully before the season is out he gives us that WOW performance that puts his ability in no doubt.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:56 pm

Armstrong is highly rated by the VFL coaches. I reckon the short and wide kicking is a game plan thing. Shaz is another one who's apparently very coachable, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's just doing what he's told.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:55 pm

Well Bucks suggested a few weeks ago that Sharenberg was a young Pendlebury in the making. When I read this I wondered if Bucks weren't gilding the lilly just a tad. Why would he do so? Was it was to convince Shaz that his future is seen as a bright one at Collingwood? Was it a bid to try to get him to sign a new contract? Six weeks ago I heard Dekka interviewed on Trade Radio and he said he expected the Sharenberg deal to be done in about two weeks. The longer this goes the more I suspect Sharenberg wants out.

It would be an astonishing situation were it true though wouldn't it? A club drafts you despite your obvious injuries and nurses you back to health after an ACL and you turn around and ask for a trade back home? Nice. We'd be well rid of him if this is what transpires.

As for the Treloar rumours, didn't Gary Pert say in early June that we'd virtually given up hope of getting him? Yes he did! Just found the link.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-loses-hope-of-luring-adam-treloar-from-gws-giants/story-fni5f6hd-1227397239024

And didn't Treloar say he wanted to stay of at GWS with his mates and that the Collingwood rumours were rubbish? Yes he did.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-01/treloar-rubbishes-magpie-rumour-expects-to-sign-soon-
And here:
http://www.smh.com.au//breaking-news-sport/treloar-lashes-out-at-nonsense-rumours-20150501-3v7ux.html

So how is it the Treloar talk keeps surfacing? Where is it coming from?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:59 pm

It came from Barrett pulling his cock and wiping off a story. Of course Pies fans have been happy to run with it, but if you've heard one "Big Fish to Collingwood" story you've read them all (especially when said fish is looking for some extra cash from a new contract).
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:06 pm

Wokko wrote:
It came from Barrett pulling his cock and wiping off a story. Of course Pies fans have been happy to run with it, but if you've heard one "Big Fish to Collingwood" story you've read them all (especially when said fish is looking for some extra cash from a new contract).

Just about everyone in the Media. Have said that he is off to the Pies

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:49 pm

It keeps coming up because Treloar has still not resigned with GWS.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:55 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
It keeps coming up because Treloar has still not resigned with GWS.

Because they can't afford him and he probably didn't know that when he made those comments Neil linked to.

My understanding is that he'd like to stay, but not for 200K under his market value, so he's coming back to Vic. Pies a chance, but so are North and Richmond.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:59 pm

We must be tanking now to position ourselves in the draft to either trade a high pick or take him in the PSD.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Nice to have a Mid who can use the Ball well
mattdally 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:41 pm

Would be great to get him. F$$k off Witts and Seed. They're both useless.
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:14 pm

Trade Witts for a first round selection and use it as part of the deal for Treloar along with our second and third round selection.

Keep our now top 8 pick for ourselves and use it on a key forward prospect.

If Scharenberg wants to leave demand one of the Adelaide clubs first round picks.

Kennedy and Seedsman to be used as either trade bait for a player or pick (points) or if required as steak knives for any potential deal on Witts, Scharenberg or Treloar.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:22 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Trade Witts for a first round selection and use it as part of the deal for Treloar along with our second and third round selection.

Keep our now top 8 pick for ourselves and use it on a key forward prospect.

If Scharenberg wants to leave demand one of the Adelaide clubs first round picks.

Kennedy and Seedsman to be used as either trade bait for a player or pick (points) or if required as steak knives for any potential deal on Witts, Scharenberg or Treloar.

Why trade Witts if you think we can get a first rounder for Shaz?

Why not just use our 2016 first rounder and have a bit of patience with our young guys development? GWS would probably prefer a 2016 pick if we can cover their need for points this season.
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:48 pm

Not convinced Witts and Grundy can be in the same side or playing two genuine rucks in the 22 is how the game is heading.

Cox is developing rapidly so we have some cover but might look to F/A for more or go after another more mobile ruck/forward option.

Just feel if push came to shove we can find a way to cover the absence of Witts on our list in order to improve the depth in other areas by trading him for the right offer.

Scharenberg only gets traded if he requests it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:57 pm

Cox is an American with 15 games of football under his belt. We can't rely on him for anything at this stage and I don't see any free agents or trade options coming in that are going to be any better than Jesse White.

Keeping both Witts and Grundy doesn't mean they always have to play in the seniors. Injures and form slumps happen. Better to keep them both on the list as backup for eachother, if nothing else.

It's not the time to trade them anyway. Wait at least until they both demand selection and it's clear they can't play together. And see what happens with the sub rule.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 15 of 199   

Jump to: