Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

He's the 22 year old who almost won the 2016 Norm Smith when Cillingwood won the flag.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:54 am

stui magpie wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
He's 12th in the league for average possession and number 1 for GWS.

He's Adams with all the kinks ironed out and will provide us with that one extra quality mid we probably need to bridge the gap.

Get Freeman right, add in Treloar and the continual improvement of de Goey, Adams, Crisp, Broomhead etc then our midfield is looking very good going forward.

he's 12th so he's not that special. He's a slightly faster Adams with better disposal. Is that worth the kind of coin plus the draft picks/players we'd need to trade to get him? That's a serious investment, you want something serious in return.

I'm a long way from convinced that he's it. I'd rather look at how we can get Weideman in the draft or trade for someone similar.

People are obsessed with Weideman but if it wasn't for the name would we be?

Opinion on him seems a little mixed.

Moore is most likely a better talent anyway and with two ruckman to develop alongside Cloke with White and perhaps Reid in support a kpf this draft mightn't be as high on Hines wish list as we think.

We've lost a lot of quality midfield depth in recent years like Beams, Ball, Thomas, Lumumba and Wellingham while Swan may yet retire at the end of next year.

While we've replaced those via trading and the draft some of them are still a couple of years from developing to the same level whilst some might not reach the absolute elite grade.

Treloar is already an elite young talent but should only improve and really can you ever have enough elite midfielders?

With rotations set to be reduced further next year, midfield depth and running power will probably be more critical than ever.

Adams is coming along nicely, whilst Crisp has exceeded expectations so at the end of the day if you have people of the calibre of Buckley and Hine rating Treloar as a midfielder then people should probably sit up and take notice.

Most likely he'll end up better than both named above and that's exciting.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:26 am

I like him a lot Swoop, just wish he were a bit bigger. Why is he so good? Let me count the ways:
He's super strong at the contest
Wins his own ball and then gains metres with great acceleration
Very tough for his size
Uses the ball beautifully
Averages close to 30 possessions a game
Great tackler
Doesn't mind a tag
Mentally very strong apparently

That sounds pretty impressive to me, but as I said, wish he were about 6 centimetres taller because then we'd be stalking a budding super-star. He's already well on the way to being a star though so I reckon we chase him hard.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:27 am

DP
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:39 am

I think he is a good player. But not $750k a year good. May also be a good user, but he is one sided & doesn't use the left foot. He is no Dangerfield of Fyfe that's for sure.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:55 am

Saying he is a better Adams and so justify Witts our first rounder and $750000 pa is insane.

So the media rate him so what?

Explain why he is worth that cost and why it improves the side more than other alternatives

Also explain the massive hole in our rucks should this deal take place

Remember Crisp was steak knives so good recruits are out there

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:02 am

woftam wrote:
I think he is a good player. But not $750k a year good. May also be a good user, but he is one sided & doesn't use the left foot. He is no Dangerfield of Fyfe that's for sure.

His stats stack up pretty well against those at the same stage keeping in mind he hasn't been playing with a whole lot of senior experience around him.

Same height as Selwood so not really concerned about that.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/A/Adam_Treloar.html

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/P/Patrick_Dangerfield.html

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/N/Nat_Fyfe.html

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Joel_Selwood.html

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:04 am

neil wrote:
Saying he is a better Adams and so justify Witts our first rounder and $750000 pa is insane.

So the media rate him so what?

Explain why he is worth that cost and why it improves the side more than other alternatives

Also explain the massive hole in our rucks should this deal take place

Remember Crisp was steak knives so good recruits are out there

He is obviously rated highly by our club and others thus why the media exposure.

No where has the club indicated that Witts will be part of the trade for Treloar.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:21 am

Love how people go to stats and back there whole argument based on that... seriously, good avg player at best and personally would have him for 300 -400k for 2-3 years NO MORE, other than that, he can GTFO
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:41 am

Darkstranger wrote:
Love how people go to stats and back there whole argument based on that... seriously, good avg player at best and personally would have him for 300 -400k for 2-3 years NO MORE, other than that, he can GTFO

The coach obviously disagrees with you.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:26 am

eddiesmith wrote:
I'm with you Stui, can't see the hype and really cant understand any talk of throwing money at him

I haven't seen enough of him but did pose the question over on BF about a comparison with O'Rourke. Both highly hyped, both high draft selections with Treloar being pre-draft and O'Rourke being pick 2. Yet for all the O'Rourke hype he hasn't had an impact at the Hawks thus far in 2015.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:10 pm

swoop42 wrote:
woftam wrote:

His stats stack up pretty well against those at the same stage keeping in mind he hasn't been playing with a whole lot of senior experience around him.

Same height as Selwood so not really concerned about that.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/A/Adam_Treloar.html

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/P/Patrick_Dangerfield.html

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/N/Nat_Fyfe.html

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Joel_Selwood.html

I don't care about his height, that's fine & you make a valid point about improvement we could expect from him. However he isn't super quick & is only able to use one side to hit targets. If Hine & Co think he is worth the big $ then that's good enough for me as well.
But I am certainly concerned about what we may have to give up to land him. I don't think it will be just draft picks. Where as Dangerfield would have been a free hit. I guess the Cats are in the box seat there though aren't they?
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:21 pm

The Prototype wrote:
It's because of the movie The Club right?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's turning in his grave right now.

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:41 pm

I don't think we should bring in a high profile, highly paid midfielder. We are already on the right track and more often than not, paying top dollar for a new recruit doesn't get you flags. I say stick with our young guys and develop a solid team that grows together. We're going to have an amazing midfield in the years to come. Keep developing I say. I don't think Treloar is worth it. In the end these decisions cost you when other players can't be fit into the salary cap. I'd almost chase one of their midfielders who can't get a senior game. Lots of talent we probably haven't heard of.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:51 pm

SwansWay wrote:
I don't think we should bring in a high profile, highly paid midfielder. We are already on the right track and more often than not, paying top dollar for a new recruit doesn't get you flags. I say stick with our young guys and develop a solid team that grows together. We're going to have an amazing midfield in the years to come. Keep developing I say. I don't think Treloar is worth it. In the end these decisions cost you when other players can't be fit into the salary cap. I'd almost chase one of their midfielders who can't get a senior game. Lots of talent we probably haven't heard of.

Generally I agree with you and that is what Collingwood has been doing in recent years. However, from time to time if an opportunity comes to land a genuine talent at a prime age, then we should definitely consider it. After all, the Hawks haven't done so bad in recent years buying the likes of Burgoyne, Lake and most recently that defender from the Dees whose name I've forgotten (pardon my dementia).

I honestly don't know much about Treloar, but if our footy department rates him as a potential A grade midfielder, then given his age, he would be a good choice. Remember in a year or two Swanny will retire and even Pendles will probably play a lot less time in the midfield in 2-3 years time. Also, we are yet to see any indication that Freeman will ever be any good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 2 of 199   

Jump to: