Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Discussion about acceptable styles of argument in VPT

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^
TP, see the post above yours and take a deep breath.

Then swallow a large glass of luvdids water. Wink Razz

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:48 pm

TP, I'm saying that in our culture, accurate and warranted critique can come in many forms, including technical, sarcastic, humorous and satirical language. There is no simple genre of critique.

But let's rule a line under things and try to accommodate each other.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:56 pm

pietillidie wrote:
^No, that's all good. I'm actually willing to be much more generous with my expression if others are willing to be much more cautious with theirs.

In cases of irreconcilable value conflicts like this, a reset and concerted effort from everyone could go a long way.

Well said.

A word of caution, you understand what it is about your posts that people can take offence to, others may not understand what it is about their posts that inflames you, they're simply expressing an opinion. Not everyone desires to research and validate their opinions. So, as you say in the face of an irrevocable value conflict it falls to the one who has the understanding to be the one who consciously moderates themself. You can't educate using a cudgel.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:16 pm

https://xkcd.com/386/
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:18 pm

That's David!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:26 pm

Tannin wrote:
https://xkcd.com/386/

I'm trying to be nicer.

It's difficult for me.

**** you

Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:36 pm

is this still going FFS?

1. Give Stui a bottle of scotch & an anti union membership;
2. Give TP a thesaurus & some halal food & watch her turn instantly into a Muslim;
3. Give Wokko some more guns & an excavator to build his home underground with nuclear protection & get him to read Anne Summers book "Damn whores & God's police as well as a signed photo of Donald Trump kissing Lleyonhlem while reading Mein Kamf saying you know "Hitler was really misunderstood":
4. Give Morrigu Peter Singer's book on Animal liberation & book her a taxidermist or an uberdermist for her pussycats when they you know...
5. Give Tannin the antidote to psittacosis to be used prophylactically as well as some prophylactics & of course not used ones
6. Give Culprit the entire collection of Biggles.
6. Give P4S some heavy metal dual neck guitarists who can sing a acapella in an operatic mode - soprano of course if not the entire collection of the sopranos singing soprano if not an Anna Pavlova with passionfruit;
7. Give Mugwump the lost love letters he's posted to Margaret Thatcher;
8. Give David an ivory removalist for the towers & introduce David to David Stratton so he can tell him what's wrong with fk'n hand held cameras & not everything that David discovers now is new;
9. Ensure that the Thesaurus that is going to TP was taken from PTID's place. In fact get the OCD cleaners to rid PTID of every fk'n reference book come dictionary in his shelves. Ensure that PTID gets a ticket to the US to meet & greet the Tea Party while talking to Fox news executives & Rush Limbaugh over a cool sarsaparilla while overlooking the Mississippi y'all.
10. Give Jezza - we'll there's no hope for Jezza - he's more conservative than cats & cat's are more conservative than young liberals.
11. And as for me, I'm going to certify myself as insanely not kosher.

& it's goodnight. May the god of your choice bless you & can you tell god to stop trying to circumcise me. well thank you Kinky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5r27mTdIuQ

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:40 pm

Tannin already has the entire collection of Biggles.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:42 pm

Tannin wrote:

& this is a beautiful song from the Kinkster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jnFLWgFpsE

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:44 pm

I think we should all vote to require that all PTID's posts for the entire month of November be (a) submitted on music video, and (b) in the authentic style of the rap artist of his choice.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:50 pm

watt price tully wrote:
is this still going FFS?

2. Give TP a thesaurus & some halal food & watch her turn instantly into a Muslim;
3. Give Wokko some more guns & an excavator to build his home underground with nuclear protection & get him to read Anne Summers book "Damn whores & God's police as well as a signed photo of Donald Trump kissing Lleyonhlem while reading Mein Kamf saying you know "Hitler was really misunderstood":
4. Give Morrigu Peter Singer's book on Animal liberation & book her a taxidermist or an uberdermist for her pussycats when they you know...
5. Give Tannin the antidote to psittacosis to be used prophylactically as well as some prophylactics & of course not used ones
6. Give P4S some heavy metal dual neck guitarists who can sing a acapella in an operatic mode - soprano of course if not the entire collection of the sopranos singing soprano if not an Anna Pavlova with passionfruit;
8. Give David an ivory removalist for the towers & introduce David to David Stratton so he can tell him what's wrong with fk'n hand held cameras & not everything that David discovers now is new;
9. Ensure that the Thesaurus that is going to TP was taken from PTID's place. In fact get the OCD cleaners to rid PTID of every fk'n reference book come dictionary in his shelves. Ensure that PTID gets a ticket to the US to meet & greet the Tea Party while talking to Fox news executives & Rush Limbaugh over a cool sarsaparilla while overlooking the Mississippi y'all.
10. Give Jezza - we'll there's no hope for Jezza - he's more conservative than cats & cat's are more conservative than young liberals.

& it's goodnight. May the god of your choice bless you & can you tell god to stop trying to circumcise me. well thank you Kinky

i have a thesaurus, it sits above my Spinosaurus
im happy to go Halal on your arse just look towards mecca and think of allah

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:59 pm

Don't think for one moment you or anyone else will be stuffing my pussy cats WPT - they will granted a grand and dignified ceremonial burial Razz

Last edited by Morrigu on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:00 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
is this still going FFS?

Are you talkin' dirty to me again? That's not what you said last night Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:18 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
is this still going FFS?

Are you talkin' dirty to me again? That's not what you said last night Wink

i had to think of england

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:21 pm

Tannin wrote:

And the love letters weren't lost. She posted them back to me. With the grammar corrected. She knows I love it when she's strict.

(very funny post, btw - I think we all needed good laugh) !

Last edited by Mugwump on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: