Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Did you like the new Copeland format?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrodieisTops 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:13 am
Post subject: Did you like the new Copeland format?Reply with quote

Hi Wondering what people thought of the new Copeland format? I would prefer the old format myself where we had highlights of the rounds etc? There seemed to be a lot of free time with not much happening. I would rather BT host the entire night. I know this is boring but it would be the worst meal I have ever had at Crown, been there three times a year with Collingwood for quite a few years. Sorry to be negative on otherwise a nice night.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it odd we had scores after Round 7, then Round 19 then the final five were called up!!

Beats counting every round.

Would have liked to have seen a highlights package of the season.

I thought it was excellent that the players had to read out what the awards were for. Hopefully makes them think about what the club is all about.

And yes, the food was awful. The entree was extremely chewy and the main meal was either chicken, or chicken!! Stopped at Maccas on the way home to fill the stomach...

I was go smacked at the 1500 that turned up. Huge numbers!!

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:42 am

On the internet stream we got interviews with the players during the downtime. Probably should look at showing those inside the venue as well.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:03 am

I agree seeing a round-by-round highlights package would have been great instead of just receiving the tally after round 7, 19 and the final round!

I felt that something was lacking from the night for some reason. There wasn't actually enough happening to really digest and review the year properly. I could see what the club was trying to do by attempting to get the players involved in the awards ceremony but I found it cringeworthy to be honest.

We had the usual speeches from Eddie and Bucks but much of the night was devoted to the break that was taken up with players being interviewed by Glen Moriarty and Sarah Allen.

BrodieisTops 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:18 am

As we could take a guest would have bumped the numbets up and maybe non Collingwood people attending contributed to the lack of atmosphere. Definitely lacked something. Eddie wasnt his usual upbeat self either. I am not a whinger by nature but I waa disappointed.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:22 am

I suppose finishing 12th and missing the finals for a second year in a row resulted in a somewhat flat mood.

In saying that though I think the future is bright and we'll be much more upbeat especially if Treloar, Aish and Howe all join us in the trade period.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: