Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cameron Ellis Yeoman or Aaron Young?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:51 am
Post subject: Cameron Ellis Yeoman or Aaron Young?Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

Seems the Pies are pursuing big bodied, tall mid fielders with Aaron Young and Cameron Ellis Yeoman under Dekka's scrutiny. Both 189cm approx. and solid bodies. Looks like the "midget policy" is officially dead.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:00 am
Post subject: Re: Cameron Ellis Yeoman or Aaron Young?Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

Seems the Pies are pursuing big bodied, tall mid fielders with Aaron Young and Cameron Ellis Yeoman under Dekka's scrutiny. Both 189cm approx. and solid bodies. Looks like the "midget policy" is officially dead.

The Age is suggesting Young:

Collingwood wingman PaulSeedsman flew to Queensland and was given a tour of Gold Coast's home last week, with the Suns eager to secure the pacy midfielder.
Seedsman, who won this year's Anzac Day Medal, is also being sought by Adelaide and North Melbourne.
Others clubs have also expressed interest in the player, who has asked for a trade after battling to secure a regular place in Collingwood's senior team, playing 49 games in four years.
Suns coach Rodney Eade was director of football at Collingwood until last year and so worked closely with Seedsman.
Carlton is interested in contracted Greater Western Sydney key-position player Adam Tomlinson, one of a number of Giants the Blues are seeking to secure.
Tomlinson is contracted for two more years after signing a contract extension but it is understood that the versatile key tall has been frustrated at the lack of opportunities he has been given and the inconsistency of position.
Collingwood forward Ben Kennedy has met Melbourne, which rated him extremely highly in his draft year of 2012.
The Demons would likely have chosen the South Australian with pick four in that year's national draft, had Jimmy Toumpas been selected with one of the first three picks.
Kennedy is contracted and may remain with the Magpies, who drafted him at No. 19 alongside Brodie Grundy and Tim Broomhead, with the goal of developing into a permanent crumbing forward.
The 21-year-old could potentially form part of a deal that enables Toumpas to move home to Adelaide and play for the Power.
Toumpas had surgery on both hips before joining the Demons and has struggled in his three years at the club to replicate his draft-year form as a skilful wingman/forward.
Kennedy has, likewise, battled to establish himself in the Collingwood side, starting as the sub in 12 of his 25 games.
While securing Gold Coast forward Charlie Dixon is Port Adelaide's priority, the club has been made aware of some interest in midfield pair Aaron Young and Andrew Moore.
Collingwood is one of the clubs to have indicated some interest in Young, who has a contract but may be open to an opportunity elsewhere.
Moore, 24, is out of contract, and has played just 14 games in the past two years, including five this season.....

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/john-worsfolds-first-job-as-essendon-coach-get-matthew-leuenberger-20151006-gk2q69.html

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Aaron Young and why is he better than Kennedy? (Assuming that 3 way trade is straight swaps with nothing else involved).
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:05 am

This is Aaron Young - should fit in well with our forward line!

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/video/2014-04-27/ptv-aaron-young-miss-of-the-year-v-cats-round-6-2014
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:06 am

We've always been quite tall. Last year we were the tallest in the comp with close to the least amount of midgets.

Interesting that we've been linked to more fringe mids. What was Connors saying about us not needing any more? Seems to make it clear that we would welcome Aish if it was possible to do a deal.

We do have a number of spots to fill so it's not surprising that we're looking at some options that aren't exactly prime.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:08 am

robevpau1 wrote:

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/video/2014-04-27/ptv-aaron-young-miss-of-the-year-v-cats-round-6-2014

YIKES Embarassed

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:08 am

robevpau1 wrote:

YIKES Embarassed

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:10 am

I think [quoterobevpau1]This is a lot of things.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:59 am

Any chance we could chase a single player with something resembling goal sense and elite kicking skills?
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:27 am

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Any chance we could chase a single player with something resembling goal sense and elite kicking skills?

No

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:38 am

Maybe Aaron Young? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QU1h2dyVgc
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:15 pm

Hands up who had ever heard of Aaron Young before today.

Come on be honest.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:18 pm

I would guess unless you live in Adelaide and follow PA as a 'second team' or something then it's pretty unlikely. He's been a depth player/sub for them and hasn't exactly set the world alight. From what I've seen so far I'd rather back in Kennedy.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:22 pm

Never heard of either. I don't think that matters, though and I'm happy to accept the Club's recruiting decisions. At the same time, I don't see a whole lot of merit in getting worked up about them one way or the other until a deal is done. Like Crisp and Greenwood last year, I think one just waits to see whether they come or not and then worries about whether they are any good when they get a game.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:31 pm

See personally, I don't rate Ben Kennedy one iota.

Too good for VFL not good enough for AFL.

Personally, for me, I'd rather trade Kennedy for Watts.

Whilst I consider it a side ways trade (that shows how much I don't rate Kennedy), I still see more upside in taking the 196cm Watts. than a 74kg 174cm VFL player.

If Watts doesn't work out after one or two years and is delisted, I don't think we're any worse off.

I see more upside in Watts because if he can get his head right, he's a No.1 pick for a reason, and a fresh start at a new club could do him good. He could potentially take the 3rd tall forward or even a tall wingman spot. He wasn't too shabby when he played down back.

Nobody rated Leigh Brown and look how that worked out. Nobody rated Maxwell (Collingwood supporters were livid at the time he became Captain) and look how that worked out. No reason Watts can't work out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: