Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Good on you Scharra!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:58 am
Post subject: Good on you Scharra!Reply with quote

http://www.footywire.com/afl/club/player-biography/3923.html

Never in doubt apparently. Wish we knew this in July and we could have saved 1100 post! Confused

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, an overstatement - he never "seriously considered" leaving, he says. If he said "There were some brilliant offers and it was touch and go but ultimately I stayed at Collingwood for the money", he would be the first player of all time to do so.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:41 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Once again, an overstatement - he never "seriously considered" leaving, he says. If he said "There were some brilliant offers and it was touch and go but ultimately I stayed at Collingwood for the money", he would be the first player of all time to do so.

Are you on the "angry pills" ? My post indicated that if he declared "anything publicly" about his desires to stay and never consider alternates a tad earlier, we may have avoided 1100 posts in my thread. His silence created a lot of nervous tension on Nick's! Hardly an overstatement!

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:44 am

The ongoing histrionics on the Schazza thread were embarrassing (during and now to read after).

Why people can't wait until things play out officially before posting vitriol about someone they’ve never met astounds me.

Some people need to get a life or find fun.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:52 am

It's just spin. "Never seriously considered" leaving is not the same thing as "was always going to stay". What's he going to say - "Look, I was a bee's breeding-appendage away from taking a big deal at Adelaide but, hey, there'll be more money there in three years when this deal runs out and they'll likely want me even more, then"?

In the modern world, "I love this club and want to finish my career here" is code for "the contract was adequate, this time."
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:11 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
The ongoing histrionics on the Schazza thread were embarrassing (during and now to read after).

Why people can't wait until things play out officially before posting vitriol about someone they’ve never met astounds me.

Some people need to get a life or find fun.

Why people can't wait until things play out officially before posting about ANY player is the question to ask during the trade/draft period. Endless discussions on pure speculation, rumours and random bloody guesswork!
But as you said, some love the idea of posting about possibilities about a player X while denying the zero probabilities of that particular player ever ending up at Collingwood... Rolling Eyes
To each their own is the correct answer from what I gather dude. People seem to love speculating on prospects more than the stark realities.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:34 am

Speculation is fine, I'm all about speculation as a means of discussion, but to question the integrity and character of people in the process (and then some, bordering on disgusting) baffles me.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:42 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Speculation is fine, I'm all about speculation as a means of discussion, but to question the integrity and character of people in the process (and then some, bordering on disgusting) baffles me.

I've GOT to say that's a bit rich coming from you fella!!!
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:52 am

Find a post from me questioning integrity and character of players based on speculation?

I comment on football ability and on-field performance.

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:02 am

His interview script can be used by any player who signs with his team. Nothing new, nothing.
Well done to everyone involved.
Go Pies 2016!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:59 am

Raw Hammer wrote:

Yep, this!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:03 pm

jackcass wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Yep, this!

Especially if you mention that Danger to Geelong is already a done deal!!! Twisted Evil Razz

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:05 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Yep, this!

Especially if you mention that Danger to Geelong is already a done deal!!! Twisted Evil Razz

Haven't heard about any paperwork being signed and not sure how me questioning the certainty of your information equates to player vilification... Embarassed Rolling Eyes
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:09 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Yep, this!

Haven't heard about any paperwork being signed and not sure how me questioning the certainty of your information equates to player vilification... Embarassed Rolling Eyes

This is not about player vilification............ Rolling Eyes

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:12 pm

No one has vilified any player in this thread, so it is more than a little weird that so any people are posting about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: