Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#1 Alex Fasolo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He has been injured for basically two years, but he still doesn't cut the mustard. He's soft, lazy and dumb. He'll never stand up when it counts and he'll never be a leader. I wish it were otherwise, but he's a tease. Trade.
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:26 pm

He is 22 and has battled lower foot Injury, and an interrupted pre season.

I expect 2015 to be a stand out for the FAZ!

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:51 pm

He re signed this year.. has had a lot of injuries this year and last. Is also probably top 5 in kicking ability in the club.. not going anywhere.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:57 pm

bwphantom wrote:
He is 22 and has battled lower foot Injury, and an interrupted pre season.

I expect 2015 to be a stand out for the FAZ!

Steve86 wrote:
He re signed this year.. has had a lot of injuries this year and last. Is also probably top 5 in kicking ability in the club.. not going anywhere.

Thanks BWP Cool and Steve86

The 2012 season, his second year, was his best. Played every game, kicked 28.20, averaged 15 posessions and 3 tackles a game. 2013, played just 3 games. This year, 11 games with numbers almost identical (except for score, for obvious reasons) to his best and .... we have the "perceptive fellow" .... Shocked Laughing sorry, that is , no shit, the first time I've ever, ever said "perceptive fellow" Laughing Laughing writing this young fella off.... amazing.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:03 pm

injuries or no injuries he drifts in and out of games and his decision making is questionable. when he's on he's on, we all know that but when the team was crying out for a strong forward presence over the weekend, he wasn't there to put his had up. instead he coughed up two great potential scoring opportunities by trying to be the hero and kick a waterlogged ball 50 odd metres at goal instead of kicking it to the hot spot and finding a team mate. that was frustrating and disappointing to watch.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:29 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
injuries or no injuries he drifts in and out of games and his decision making is questionable. when he's on he's on, we all know that but when the team was crying out for a strong forward presence over the weekend, he wasn't there to put his had up.

I know it's been a frustrating year, but this statement is just so wrong WW.

Faz debuted round 12, 2011 (5 days after his 19th birthday). Had a great first year which included a rising star nomination in round 22 v Brisbane. 2012, he had a blinder, kicked 28 majors and played every game. 2013 was a write off. This year he's been all over the place as well as having injury issues. He's 22, just turned22, been part of a side decimated by injury and for me, has had a crack.

A young bloke with so much upside, if you can't see that, I can't help you.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:39 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
injuries or no injuries he drifts in and out of games and his decision making is questionable. when he's on he's on, we all know that but when the team was crying out for a strong forward presence over the weekend, he wasn't there to put his had up. instead he coughed up two great potential scoring opportunities by trying to be the hero and kick a waterlogged ball 50 odd metres at goal instead of kicking it to the hot spot and finding a team mate. that was frustrating and disappointing to watch.

I think your mistaking his confidence in his own ability as poor decision making. Yes, he made the wrong call on Saturday night but I like to see a forward take the responsibility for the kick. Kid has played about 50 games over 4 injury interrupted years, not like he's a 100 games plus, I think he'll get better at that. Thought Fas busted his arse on Saturday in difficult circumstances and conditions, can't ask for more than that.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:53 pm

I can see both sides of this argument. Either way, he'll have a chance next year to take the next step. He deserves another year.

I don't know what his GPS numbers are like, but I'd also like to see him run past someone one day. My fear is he doesn't have the speed or running power for the modern game. Definitely injuries have contributed to this, but the challenge is there for him.

No question on his skills though.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:51 pm

Personally think we need to move him on, good trade bait, probably won't get much better and has an ego to exceeds his ability.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:28 am

Set up the first goal beautiful on the weekend. But he still won't chase for a tackle. Fev and Faz are made from the same mould. C'mon Carlton make us a deal.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:45 am

35forever wrote:
Those who fail to see the brilliance latent in this young man simply don't know football. In future, if sanity prevails, he and Marley will be the best pair of goal sneaks in the game. Both are incredibly elusive and Fas in particular is as good an overhead mark as Elliot. A forward line with Cloke, Reid, and White, getting the ball down to Elliot Fasolo, and Marley will be a Forward line to fear.

Marley in the forward line? Really?
What gives you the impression that Marley is well suited to playing forward?

Appears to me that Marley is combative and quite good at carrying the ball forward but he gives me no indication that he'd be an effective small forward. His kicking for one is not up to scratch. Not sure of his overhead marking on a lead either.

I'd be inclined to give him a go at replacing Macaffer as tagger next year though if we can get a few players back - Toovey to full fitness and touch, Seedsman, Sinclair to play as smaller backs.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:05 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
35forever wrote:
Those who fail to see the brilliance latent in this young man simply don't know football. In future, if sanity prevails, he and Marley will be the best pair of goal sneaks in the game. Both are incredibly elusive and Fas in particular is as good an overhead mark as Elliot. A forward line with Cloke, Reid, and White, getting the ball down to Elliot Fasolo, and Marley will be a Forward line to fear.

Marley in the forward line? Really?
What gives you the impression that Marley is well suited to playing forward?

Appears to me that Marley is combative and quite good at carrying the ball forward but he gives me no indication that he'd be an effective small forward. His kicking for one is not up to scratch. Not sure of his overhead marking on a lead either.

I'd be inclined to give him a go at replacing Macaffer as tagger next year though if we can get a few players back - Toovey to full fitness and touch, Seedsman, Sinclair to play as smaller backs.

Sidebottom - Forward line.... goal _sneak_!!!

matrix10 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Will reserve judgement on Fas until mid next year.

2011/12 was very good
2013 a write off
2014- some good some bad- but learning a new role and coming back from injury so will cut him some slack.

2015- wait and see
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:07 pm

Skids wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
injuries or no injuries he drifts in and out of games and his decision making is questionable. when he's on he's on, we all know that but when the team was crying out for a strong forward presence over the weekend, he wasn't there to put his had up.

I know it's been a frustrating year, but this statement is just so wrong WW.

Faz debuted round 12, 2011 (5 days after his 19th birthday). Had a great first year which included a rising star nomination in round 22 v Brisbane. 2012, he had a blinder, kicked 28 majors and played every game. 2013 was a write off. This year he's been all over the place as well as having injury issues. He's 22, just turned22, been part of a side decimated by injury and for me, has had a crack.

A young bloke with so much upside, if you can't see that, I can't help you.

I'm not saying that he doesn't try and I understand also that he's struggled with injury and form - none of which can be easy to deal with. I hope for his sake and the team's, that he can find some form again. I like the idea of him playing down back because I think that that was to make him a more accountable and well rounded footballer as opposed to the type that is only capable of a few flashy bursts a game.

I think he's required and necessary to our structure, I'd just like to see him use the ball better and make better decisions. He's still young and he'll learn. Hopefully 2015 will be a breakout year for him.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:29 pm

Last two seasons ruined by injury, has enormous talent just needs to get fully fit, get some games in and get his career moving in the right direction again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 5 of 20   

Jump to: