Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#1 Alex Fasolo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with KM.

I've never understood how Fasolo polarises opinion so much. Yes he's a cocky little cnut but he's damn silk. Look up honest battler in the dictionary and there's a photo of Fasolo with the heading "this is NOT one".

Was sent down back because we needed someone down there who could deliver the ball, but he is definitely a natural forward and should just about be in our best 22 if we have a full list to pick from.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:50 am

stui magpie wrote:

snip: Look up honest battler in the dictionary and there's a photo of Fasolo with the heading "this is NOT one".

snip:

lolololol now that made me laugh...

Now back to normal programming: Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:08 am

Faz is still trying to solidify his spot in the side TBH

Bucks wanted him to play back, he trained up for that in the VFL, but the last game i saw him alot up forward

Whos our crumbing forward that can kick a handful when required? And not a regular midfielder.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:17 am

Faz with Elliot and Broomhead can all play up fwd and offer something different... don't care that other don't rate him although I think it is odd - he always looks dangerous to me with the ball in his hands and is doing a lot more defensive stuff now as well!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:31 am

Very marginal to the outcome on Saturday, on a day when I thought we really needed him to have an influence.

I just don't see this "silk" that others speak of, and he gors missing for long periods in most games. Hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see him being a big part of a top four team.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:41 am

Faz has much of the X Factor our team is sadly lacking. A time in defence to teach him defensive pressure (his greatest area of weakness initially) is not a bad long term strategy. He is a natural forward and he and Elliot will be a good combination going forward.

I am confident he will take his place in the forward line and will give us much to cheer about in the future and his time in defence will give him the skills to assist him in locking the ball into our forward 50.

For most of this year it was not about winning a premiership this year but developing our players for the future, Faz is part of our future.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:52 am

I think he'll struggle to retain his spot to be honest. I think we have better small forwards coming through and better small running backmen.

He now has to work his arse off to win a ot in the starting 22

E 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:14 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
He is way better than a battler for sure.
I'm one who cringes when he stuffs around with the ball instead of just clearing the defensive 50.
Having said that I thought he never should have been moved.
Fasalo with Elliott are far better forward options than Blair so for the life of me can't understand why we wanted to play him back.
I think it was more to do with finding a spot for Blair who couldn't make it in our mid field at the beginning of the season.
Better option would have been to put Blair in the seconds and play Fasalo and Elliott forward.

Don't you think just maybe there is method to the madness.

1. Defenders get a whole lot more chances to get involved in the game than forward pockets. If I was returning from a year out of the game, this might be a good way to ease me back into it.

2. Given the importance of forward pressure, learning defensively skills might help me in the future and maybe give me a shot at going forward.

3. Fas is going to be a star for us if he stays healthy

Elliot cloke Reid fasolo broomhead and resting ruckman not a bad forward line!!!!!!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:32 am

Fas could become a star for us, or he might struggle to get a regular senior game. We'll find out by midway through next season I guess.
Warbler 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:51 am

Broomhead for mine is ahead of Fasolo at this stage .

Gotta agree with RudeBoy . I'd love to have both Fasolo & Broomhead become stars .

GO PIES
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:09 am

It continues to amaze me how many Collingwood supporters don't understand the mental/psychological side of the game. Fas, along with H, and Swanny are players who thrived under MM, and have found the game harder under Buckley. I think its mutual too, those guys aren't the kind of player Bucks has a lot of time for. He doesn't like people who are 'different'. Fas & Swanny are lighthearted and extremely funny blokes, H is a deep thinker.
Fas has some of the 'X' factor we saw in guys like Daicos, Dids, and Daisy. In 2011 he was showing signs of brilliance, the flashy mid every great side needs. Since the handover he has lost some of this but the signs are there, he has the skills to be an absolute gun but like Swan & Lumumba doesn't seem to be enjoying his footy like he did early in his career. He's another who was very close to Daisy & Heater, and has struggled since they were dumped. he also doesn’t seem to enjoy being in the backline, and he isn't suited to it anyway. Keep him in the forward line and he'll kick team-lifting goals on a regular basis. Those who fail to see the brilliance latent in this young man simply don't know football. In future, if sanity prevails, he and Marley will be the best pair of goal sneaks in the game. Both are incredibly elusive and Fas in particular is as good an overhead mark as Elliot. A forward line with Cloke, Reid, and White, getting the ball down to Elliot Fasolo, and Marley will be a Forward line to fear.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:26 am

Yes, Fasolo's deficiencies are in fact Buckley's. How silly that I never realised that before.

It's a wonder he didn't win a Brownlow while MM was coaching him.

The reality is that Fas has plateaued, it happens, while he has been treading water Broomy has screamed past him on the back wheel, but if Fas can steer his development curve back into a northerly direction he is certainly capable of holding a spot in the 22.

Armstrong's recent form may mean that Fas goes forward again - where it must be said he belongs. OP is right - he has the nous, it can't be taught and shouldn't be wasted

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:47 am

Fas needs to develop FWD 50 tackling aggression like Goldsack and when combined with his X factor ( which is lacking in our team at present) he could be as valuable as Krakouer.
He, Elliot and Broomhead up forward have the potential to massively improve our scoring ability in 2015.

He is certainly a keeper - all the critics have failed to acknowledge his last 2 years have been largely wasted due to injury.

Interesting that when Tony Armstrong was asked on SEN recently who is the coaches pet - he said Fas.

So this idea that Bucks has sapped his confidence and psychologically bruised him is not based in fact.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:51 am

ThePieMind wrote:
Fas needs to develop FWD 50 tackling aggression like Goldsack and when combined with his X factor ( which is lacking in our team at present) he could be as valuable as Krakouer.
He, Elliot and Broomhead up forward have the potential to massively improve our scoring ability in 2015.

He is certainly a keeper - all the critics have failed to acknowledge his last 2 years have been largely wasted due to injury.

Interesting that when Tony Armstrong was asked on SEN recently who is the coaches pet - he said Fas.

So this idea that Bucks has sapped his confidence and psychologically bruised him is not based in fact.

well, there you go. not entirely convinced anything that 35forever writes is fact.

good reminder re his injury. i would think he'd still be tentative about his foot and it'd be hard to have full confidence in it given what he has experienced.

with a full preseason and no injuries we should expect him to come into his own next year.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:55 am

I think he's been bloody ordinary, but he has been played out of position mostly and he has injuries as an excuse.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20   

Jump to: