Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#1 Alex Fasolo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
E wrote:
think positive wrote:
You two are carrying on like a couple of old queens!

have you seen the Queen movie Bohemian Rhapsody. Awesome movie. made me relive Queen all over again. Freddie was perhaps the best performer we have ever seen. the fact that both Elton John AND Axl Rose were required to sing Freddies part in the song during his memorial concert really says it all.... What a shame the brightest stars burn out the fastest.....

Crap movie. It was an advert to sell their old music to a new public.

Music was good but the rest of it (the events portrayed) was basically a fabrication. If Freddy Mercury’s actual life story was portrayed they would be losing fans, not gaining them. He wasn’t a very nice person.

Don't know about the bad guy thing but agreed it was a fabrication:

* Roger Taylor released two solo albums in 1981 and 1984 yet the movie portrays Freddie as disloyal and a villain

* A.I.D.S diagnosis in 1987 not 1985

* They toured up to 8 weeks before LIVE AID hence LIVE AID despite its excellence was not the big comeback gig

* Freddie met the band members initially at college NOT stumbling past at a gig

* Didn't meet girlfriend Mary Austin the night of first gig. Brian May actually dated her first

* They give little recognition to the album "The Works" which in fact should have been the big triumphant movie moment with it arresting their worldwide album sales decline with hits such as Radio Ga Ga, i want to break free and Hammer to Fall.

Sacha Baron Cohen pulled out because he knew the movie was essentially a "retconning of facts" despite its entertainment value.

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:45 am

Wandering off topic much?

Concentrate people!

Thanks...WPW
for the mods team
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:59 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

Concentrate people!

Thanks...WPW
for the mods team

Agreed. We do need footy to begin Smile

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:52 pm

inxs88 wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

Concentrate people!

Thanks...WPW
for the mods team

Agreed. We do need footy to begin Smile

There is nothing else to talk about here.

We don't have a topic.

Even the subject matter of this thread relates to a Carlton player.

But if you are looking for a link, I once Ride My Bicycle to a Pies game. It was a struggle getting into the ground with the big crowd and I thought I Want To Break Free. Once I found my seat it was behind some Fat Bottomed Girls. When the game started a big hip and shoulder saw Another One Bites the Dust. We won convincingly and We Are the Champions. Went home and watched the replay so many times I was Video Gaga.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:22 am

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
think positive wrote:

have you seen the Queen movie Bohemian Rhapsody. Awesome movie. made me relive Queen all over again. Freddie was perhaps the best performer we have ever seen. the fact that both Elton John AND Axl Rose were required to sing Freddies part in the song during his memorial concert really says it all.... What a shame the brightest stars burn out the fastest.....

trust you to like a movie full of blatant inaccuracies, mistruths and time errors. Fiction is your middle name

That's what you took from the movie??? Seriously? That they decided to deal with the fact that he had AIDs (which he didn't know about until 1987) and still finish the movie at Live Aid (since that was only the single most famous rock performance of the twentieth century).

I will tell you that they did a pretty f$cking great job of capturing the Live Aid concert!

For you to have that reaction to a movie, you are just a knocker and a loser.

So far this week:

1. You've knocked Queen (let me guess they are a cliche - or have you moved on from that word)

2. You've knocked our spiritual leader and star midfielder Tay Adams (because you saw him kick it sideways once).

3. You have persecuted Faz (who is a good honest battler who did ok with limited football smarts).

No. It's up to 4, I lambasted you too.

did you? I thought you just made yourself look like a brickhead.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:25 am

Thanks for pointing yourself look like a brickhead out.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:25 am

inxs88 wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
E wrote:
think positive wrote:

Crap movie. It was an advert to sell their old music to a new public.

Music was good but the rest of it (the events portrayed) was basically a fabrication. If Freddy Mercury’s actual life story was portrayed they would be losing fans, not gaining them. He wasn’t a very nice person.

Don't know about the bad guy thing but agreed it was a fabrication:

* Roger Taylor released two solo albums in 1981 and 1984 yet the movie portrays Freddie as disloyal and a villain

* A.I.D.S diagnosis in 1987 not 1985

* They toured up to 8 weeks before LIVE AID hence LIVE AID despite its excellence was not the big comeback gig

* Freddie met the band members initially at college NOT stumbling past at a gig

* Didn't meet girlfriend Mary Austin the night of first gig. Brian May actually dated her first

* They give little recognition to the album "The Works" which in fact should have been the big triumphant movie moment with it arresting their worldwide album sales decline with hits such as Radio Ga Ga, i want to break free and Hammer to Fall.

Sacha Baron Cohen pulled out because he knew the movie was essentially a "retconning of facts" despite its entertainment value.

Wow, these look like crimes of high treason!!!!!!

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:48 am

That's enough <click>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20   

Jump to: