Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#1 Alex Fasolo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

makri wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
think positive wrote:
Pebbles Rocks wrote:
think positive wrote:
Man there are some judgemental buggers here Sad

There sure are Rolling Eyes Fas was about pick 45 and many guys at that level never play 20 games.
He was also regularly cruelled by injury.
He has never had a big tank which was made worse by injury.
There was no drinking ban at carlton when he broke his wrist. Accidents happen.
Nicks is looking more like the cesspit of Facebook and Twitter everyday

Cheers, sad but true

Tru dat. Sad

Twitter is only a cesspit if you stick your nose in cesspools.

I wish Fas no ill will, he's a very talented footballer and seemingly a good bloke. In another era he could have been a Collingwood legend but it wasn't to be.

Best of luck to him at Carlton, I hope he gets his shit together and has a good ending to his career.

Fasolo is one of the last people i'd call a good bloke. I don't like him and it has nothing to do with football. If he never plays again I wouldn't be disappointed.
well thats $£$%^%%$ charming! hope you aint in a glass house if your chucking rocks!
E 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:37 am

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
think positive wrote:
You two are carrying on like a couple of old queens!

have you seen the Queen movie Bohemian Rhapsody. Awesome movie. made me relive Queen all over again. Freddie was perhaps the best performer we have ever seen. the fact that both Elton John AND Axl Rose were required to sing Freddies part in the song during his memorial concert really says it all.... What a shame the brightest stars burn out the fastest.....

trust you to like a movie full of blatant inaccuracies, mistruths and time errors. Fiction is your middle name

That's what you took from the movie??? Seriously? That they decided to deal with the fact that he had AIDs (which he didn't know about until 1987) and still finish the movie at Live Aid (since that was only the single most famous rock performance of the twentieth century).

I will tell you that they did a pretty f$cking great job of capturing the Live Aid concert!

For you to have that reaction to a movie, you are just a knocker and a loser.

So far this week:

1. You've knocked Queen (let me guess they are a cliche - or have you moved on from that word)

2. You've knocked our spiritual leader and star midfielder Tay Adams (because you saw him kick it sideways once).

3. You have persecuted Faz (who is a good honest battler who did ok with limited football smarts).

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:03 am

Well, I'm glad we can all agree on one thing at least; BR is a great movie

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992

Last edited by Collingwood Crackerjack on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:09 am

E wrote:
think positive wrote:

have you seen the Queen movie Bohemian Rhapsody. Awesome movie. made me relive Queen all over again. Freddie was perhaps the best performer we have ever seen. the fact that both Elton John AND Axl Rose were required to sing Freddies part in the song during his memorial concert really says it all.... What a shame the brightest stars burn out the fastest.....

Crap movie. It was an advert to sell their old music to a new public.

Music was good but the rest of it (the events portrayed) was basically a fabrication. If Freddy Mercury’s actual life story was portrayed they would be losing fans, not gaining them. He wasn’t a very nice person.
E 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:24 am

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
E wrote:
think positive wrote:

Music was good but the rest of it (the events portrayed) was basically a fabrication. If Freddy Mercury’s actual life story was portrayed they would be losing fans, not gaining them. He wasn’t a very nice person.

i'm not sure that is true. I know they flat out made stuff up in the movie (the austin powers character for example never existed and Freddie never broke up the band - actually it was Taylor who did a solo album first and certainly they didnt split prior to Live Aid) and they jumbled the timeline. Each was done for dramatic effect. But a lot of things in the movie were true (like teeth stuff). I actually thought they showed Freddie's troubles and loneliness and cold calculation pretty well. Freddie doesn't come across as an angel in this movie.

i'll tell you what the movie accomplished. An old queen fan, became a Queen fan all over again.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:39 pm

I like Faz... I enjoyed the movie Bohemian Rhapsody Smile
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:24 pm

E wrote:
E wrote:
think positive wrote:

i'm not sure that is true. I know they flat out made stuff up in the movie (the austin powers character for example never existed and Freddie never broke up the band - actually it was Taylor who did a solo album first and certainly they didnt split prior to Live Aid) and they jumbled the timeline. Each was done for dramatic effect. But a lot of things in the movie were true (like teeth stuff). I actually thought they showed Freddie's troubles and loneliness and cold calculation pretty well. Freddie doesn't come across as an angel in this movie.

i'll tell you what the movie accomplished. An old queen fan, became a Queen fan all over again.

Without going into all of the inaccuracies and fabrications, two examples of the sort of person he was, which were excluded from the movie:-

Continuing to have many sexual partners and not telling them that he had HIV.

Paying a group of dwarfs to walk around his party as mobile tables with cocaine laden silver trays strapped to their heads.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:57 pm

Get the phuck out of here. Shocked
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:31 pm

Paying a group of dwarfs to walk around his party as mobile tables with cocaine laden silver trays strapped to their heads.

Laughing classic!

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:02 pm

At least he didn't set them on fire
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:03 pm

Skids wrote:

Laughing classic!

Yeah, but too far to bend over to do a line.

Now drinks and canapes, that's more like it.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:50 pm

Bucks5 wrote:

To be fair to Jones, he only lit up one dwarf.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:50 pm

Bucks5 wrote:

To be fair to Jones, he only lit up one dwarf.

You light one dwarf..........

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lxu75r3-kI
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:47 am

E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
think positive wrote:

trust you to like a movie full of blatant inaccuracies, mistruths and time errors. Fiction is your middle name

That's what you took from the movie??? Seriously? That they decided to deal with the fact that he had AIDs (which he didn't know about until 1987) and still finish the movie at Live Aid (since that was only the single most famous rock performance of the twentieth century).

I will tell you that they did a pretty f$cking great job of capturing the Live Aid concert!

For you to have that reaction to a movie, you are just a knocker and a loser.

So far this week:

1. You've knocked Queen (let me guess they are a cliche - or have you moved on from that word)

2. You've knocked our spiritual leader and star midfielder Tay Adams (because you saw him kick it sideways once).

3. You have persecuted Faz (who is a good honest battler who did ok with limited football smarts).

No. It's up to 4, I lambasted you too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20   

Jump to: