Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#1 Alex Fasolo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
Assuming we get Treloar, I believe we have 19 first picked players in our team (i.e., if they are fit, they should play) and FAZ is one of them.

Backs - Langdon, Scharenberg, Williams, Brown, Reid (5)

Mids - Grundy, Pendles, Swan, Sidey, Treloar, Adams, Greenwood, Varcoe, De Goey, Broomhead (10)

Forwards - Cloke, Moore, Elliot, FAZ!!!! (4)

I would make all 19 of these players untouchable!

There are then about 15 players who also capable of getting games if form and availability of the above makes it possible.

Crisp, Frost, White, Witts, Oxley, Goldsack, Blair, Maynard, Marsh, Ramsey, Sinclair, Ben Kenn, Seedsman, Macaffer, Toovey.

If this list was reduced to 10 players by the start of next season, by trading those that have any currency that we could convert into a first picked player, I don't think that hurts our best team. so far, we have had rumors about Frost, Witts, Seedsman and Kennedy.

Freeman and Goodyear haven't shown me anything yet (and Freeman seems gone), Gault and Abbott are rookies - Cox not considered.

Total of 39 players.

Good analysis but Crisp belongs in the starting mid group IMO

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:49 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
E wrote:
Assuming we get Treloar, I believe we have 19 first picked players in our team (i.e., if they are fit, they should play) and FAZ is one of them.

Mids - Grundy, Pendles, Swan, Sidey, Treloar, Adams, Greenwood, Varcoe, De Goey, Broomhead (10)

There are then about 15 players who also capable of getting games if form and availability of the above makes it possible.

Crisp, Frost, White, Witts, Oxley, Goldsack, Blair, Maynard, Marsh, Ramsey, Sinclair, Ben Kenn, Seedsman, Macaffer, Toovey.

If this list was reduced to 10 players by the start of next season, by trading those that have any currency that we could convert into a first picked player, I don't think that hurts our best team. so far, we have had rumors about Frost, Witts, Seedsman and Kennedy.

Freeman and Goodyear haven't shown me anything yet (and Freeman seems gone), Gault and Abbott are rookies - Cox not considered.

Total of 39 players.

Good analysis but Crisp belongs in the starting mid group IMO

Maynard is a starter too.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:58 pm

Would love to retain Marsh...
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:59 pm

An important player if he can get his confidence up. Needs to get nastier and cockier again, dropped his head for a bit.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:05 pm

3rd degree wrote:
An important player if he can get his confidence up. Needs to get nastier and cockier again, dropped his head for a bit.

Indeed. Needs more Brutus Beefcake and less Ricky Steamboat.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:20 pm

Cam wrote:
3rd degree wrote:

and more Elizabeth

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:32 pm

Cam wrote:
3rd degree wrote:

Definitely Brutus when he held the tag belts with "The Hammer" Laughing Wink

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:11 pm

E wrote:

Total of 39 players.

Other than a couple of specific posters pushing their own ill informed and completely misguided hate agenda I haven't heard or read anything about Frost in relation to trade options.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:29 pm

jackcass wrote:
E wrote:

Total of 39 players.

Other than a couple of specific posters pushing their own ill informed and completely misguided hate agenda I haven't heard or read anything about Frost in relation to trade options.

Alright then, I'll see you one: Frost for Talia +/- other tradeables.

roar 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:02 pm

Need Frost for depth, I reckon as neither Brown nor Reid are the most physically reliable types.

Pretty much agree with E's list of 19 - I'd probably add Crisp, not sure if I would include Fas - these are the players I see being our future. Some of the others (Marsh, Ramsay, Maynard) I expect to be etched into that list by this time next year so they would also be "untouchable" at this stage.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:23 pm

Fasolo was our best forward in the second half of the season.
Problem is, he seems to perform best when Cloke is missing.

Conversion was a problem at times, but he has demonstrated he is better than that over previous seasons. Also improved his forward pressure, although it is yet to be considered a strength.

I think he is a keeper at present

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:21 am

stui magpie wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

My concern is can we play both Faz & Elliott in the same forward line ?
They are both the same type lead up mid sized forwards

Where does this myth come from? They are not the same. yeah, they have some similar traits but they're not the same.

Stui name me a game when they played together they both had a impact forward ?
My opinion is they both like to be lead up type medium size players. Neither are crumbers neither are overly defensive types and neither have the tank to run in the midfield and both love to be focal targets in th forward 50 that's what I meant.
Faz best games came with Cloke missing, Elliott's came with Cloke in the side but playing up the ground
Elliott is a far more reliable kick but Faz isn't a slouch.
I just don't see them as a perfect fit together in the same forward line but we aren't overly stocked with genuine reliable goal,kickers either.
I've said before I would love a Gunston type around they 190cm hybrid style to compliment our others forwards and a true crumber
I still not into trading him unless it's for huge overs in our favour
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:19 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

My concern is can we play both Faz & Elliott in the same forward line ?
They are both the same type lead up mid sized forwards

Where does this myth come from? They are not the same. yeah, they have some similar traits but they're not the same.

Stui name me a game when they played together they both had a impact forward ?
My opinion is they both like to be lead up type medium size players. Neither are crumbers neither are overly defensive types and neither have the tank to run in the midfield and both love to be focal targets in th forward 50 that's what I meant.
Faz best games came with Cloke missing, Elliott's came with Cloke in the side but playing up the ground
Elliott is a far more reliable kick but Faz isn't a slouch.
I just don't see them as a perfect fit together in the same forward line but we aren't overly stocked with genuine reliable goal,kickers either.
I've said before I would love a Gunston type around they 190cm hybrid style to compliment our others forwards and a true crumber
I still not into trading him unless it's for huge overs in our favour

So you'd pursue Jeremy Howe?

E 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:40 am

jackcass wrote:
E wrote:

Total of 39 players.

yes folks, he actually said that.....

Kurt 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:09 pm

No
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 11 of 20   

Jump to: