Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

(Certain) artists denied entry into Australia

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a grade A1 douche nozzle.

I'd support putting on the first plane out of the country and pushing him out the door without a parachute somewhere over the pacific.

Or if the plane has enough juice, give him a parachute and drop him in Syria or Russia

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:02 pm

What does a grade A1 douche nozzle sound like?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:27 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Now he has broken the law by coming to the country illegally. Why isn't he on Manus Island or Nauru? That would be more consistent with your argument about race / colour / ethnicity.

Fair point. Can anyone explain what the difference is, apart from the transportation method? Perhaps he would have to go into some sort of detention if he refused to return home.

Either way, I think Gough Whitlam's famous line on abortion probably applies here.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Dunno about abortion but his mum should have kept her legs shut and swallowed.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:00 pm

David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Now he has broken the law by coming to the country illegally. Why isn't he on Manus Island or Nauru? That would be more consistent with your argument about race / colour / ethnicity.

Fair point. Can anyone explain what the difference is, apart from the transportation method? Perhaps he would have to go into some sort of detention if he refused to return home.

Well, it would be a fair point if the difference was not obvious. Manus Island and Nauru are offshore processing centres for asylum seekers, aren't they ? He's not (I assume) claiming asylum, so you just refuse entry at the port and turn him round and send him home at his cost or the airline's. And quite rightly, too - anyone who advocates violence against people carrying out a lawful activity should be denied a visa.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:12 pm

"Through a chain of events the Lord has allowed me to get on a plane in spite of many objections

"[W]e have been in the air 11 hours and will land in about 4. Please pray that we can get past immigration so the truth can be told throughout Australia."

On Facebook Mr Newman's supporters welcomed his decision to flout Australia's immigration laws.

"Amen! Nothing will stop the Lord's servant!!!" wrote Robert Charles.

"Now that is Divine Intervention that you were able to get a plane," wrote Susan Schneider.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes send him back to Septic land NOW!! He broke the law willingly and deliberately and arrived illegally - poor bloody sods who arrive here by boat even if they are economic migrants are at least just trying to provide their families a better life ( realise they are seeking asylum but still....) this tool is coming purely for his own benefit - a sponsored tour to spew his shite and incite violence!!

A prominent US anti-abortion campaigner has been granted a temporary reprieve, after Immigration Minister Peter Dutton agreed not to remove him from Australia in the next 24 hours.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/us-antiabortion-campaigner-troy-newman-barred-from-entering-australia-20150930-gjy6a5.html#ixzz3nJVNAnB7

Now Turnbull this is your first real test - have you the strength to overrule the religious nutters in your party??? Massive fail if you cave!!!!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:25 pm

Morrigu wrote:
"Through a chain of events the Lord has allowed me to get on a plane in spite of many objections

"[W]e have been in the air 11 hours and will land in about 4. Please pray that we can get past immigration so the truth can be told throughout Australia."

On Facebook Mr Newman's supporters welcomed his decision to flout Australia's immigration laws.

"Amen! Nothing will stop the Lord's servant!!!" wrote Robert Charles.

"Now that is Divine Intervention that you were able to get a plane," wrote Susan Schneider.

A miracle! A Christmas miracle! Laughing Laughing Laughing

If God really was behind this, I hope Newman's appearance on the plane was suitably spectacular you know, climbing in the window while the plane was in mid-air, or something.

It's all utterly absurd, but I wouldn't totally oppose Turnbull doing a backflip on this because I don't think the guy probably should have been banned in the first place. The worst (?) thing is that it will send a message to anyone denied a visa that they can still jump on a plane and have a crack, which is asking for trouble but it's not like I care.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:37 pm

Interesting to see people so against an act of civil disobedience against an unjust legal ruling. You can bet if it was some rabid militant feminist pushing their way in that WPT would be all up in that, cheering and quivering with joy.

He's trying to get in here to talk to people, if his views are wrong, then debate them in an open forum (without screaming and trying to silence him) and then let him go home. He's not an illegal immigrant, he has no intention of staying, he's not here to bomb an abortionist, he's here to TALK about things that those of a certain political persuasion find too confronting to deal with. THIS is what the death of free speech looks like; someone saying the WRONG thing being silenced.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:47 pm

Wokko wrote:
Interesting to see people so against an act of civil disobedience against an unjust legal ruling. You can bet if it was some rabid militant feminist pushing their way in that WPT would be all up in that, cheering and quivering with joy.

He's trying to get in here to talk to people, if his views are wrong, then debate them in an open forum (without screaming and trying to silence him) and then let him go home. He's not an illegal immigrant, he has no intention of staying, he's not here to bomb an abortionist, he's here to TALK about things that those of a certain political persuasion find too confronting to deal with. THIS is what the death of free speech looks like; someone saying the WRONG thing being silenced.

Wokko, normally I'd agree with you on this, but since he has called for doctors who perform abortions to be "executed", I think we are at the limits of free speech with this character. He might not be here to bomb an abortionist, but there is a good chance he'll enjoin others who are here to do so. I don't accept that from mad mullahs and I don't think we should accept it from pathological pastors, either.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:48 pm

Where did He's not an illegal immigrant he lose intention of staying he's not here to bomb an abortionist he's here to TALK about things that those of a certain persuasion find confronting to deal with ?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:55 pm

Yes he is illegal Wokko - he attempted to enter the country with the full knowledge that his Visa had been cancelled = illegal!!

When you travel you have to abide by the rules of the country you are attempting to visit end of story!!!!!

I don't give a rats what his or any other person male, female or in between views are - even if they are views I hold as offensive and illogical and judgemental they should be able to be heard UNLESS they incite nutters to commit crimes ( and as a health professional this guy and his associates make me twitchy). Allowing people such as this fruit loop to speak- as long as it abides by our laws and then debate them is a better way to deal with such issues cause they are nuffys and usually out themselves as such - but that doesn't mean they should not be subject to the laws of the land and that includes our immigration laws.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:37 pm

Mugwump wrote:

Wokko, normally I'd agree with you on this, but since he has called for doctors who perform abortions to be "executed", I think we are at the limits of free speech with this character. He might not be here to bomb an abortionist, but there is a good chance he'll enjoin others who are here to do so. I don't accept that from mad mullahs and I don't think we should accept it from pathological pastors, either.

So he advocated capital punishment for those he sees to be committing murder? Sounds like the same thing that plenty of people around here have advocated too. If he incited violence then he'd be guilty of a crime and deported, and I'd be 100% fine with that. That's not why he's been denied entry though.

I have mixed feelings about the Visa, he had it revoked in-flight initially and I'm philosophically opposed to that revocation. I see his act as one of civil disobedience rather than criminal; a legitimate act of protest if you will.

This whole episode for me comes under "I disagree with what you say, but I shall defend unto death your right to say it".
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:54 pm

Wokko wrote:

Sheesh.There's something weird going on there.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:58 pm

Wokko wrote:
I have mixed feelings about the Visa, he had it revoked in-flight initially and I'm philosophically opposed to that revocation. I see his act as one of civil disobedience rather than criminal; a legitimate act of protest if you will.

Debatable he was still in loopy land when he was advised his visa had been cancelled and so his behaviour in seeking and boarding an alternative flight without a valid visa is criminal - breaking the law is criminal and that is what he did. Have you ever travelled overeas and tried to get entry into a country without a visa where required - irrelevant to any views you may hold- you ain't getting in and you are detained deported ( if you are lucky that is all)

Newmans allies posted footage of the scene at Denver as Newman argued with airport staff who told him he would have to contact the Australian government to contest their refusal to let him on the flight

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/30/anti-abortion-campaigner-denied-visa-australia-troy-newman

Tool thinks he is above the law - he ain't - irrespective of his beliefs and his faith in fairies in the bottom of the garden Rolling Eyes

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:03 am

Morrigu wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Debatable he was still in loopy land when he was advised his visa had been cancelled and so his behaviour in seeking and boarding an alternative flight without a valid visa is criminal - breaking the law is criminal and that is what he did. Have you ever travelled overeas and tried to get entry into a country without a visa where required - irrelevant to any views you may hold- you ain't getting in and you are detained deported ( if you are lucky that is all)

Newmans allies posted footage of the scene at Denver as Newman argued with airport staff who told him he would have to contact the Australian government to contest their refusal to let him on the flight

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/30/anti-abortion-campaigner-denied-visa-australia-troy-newman

Tool thinks he is above the law - he ain't - irrespective of his beliefs and his faith in fairies in the bottom of the garden Rolling Eyes

I remember in 1987 trying to get into Spain WITH a Visa and being detained (with my mum of course, I was 8 Laughing) for about 3 hours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: