Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood Carlton Win Loss History

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uncanny 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:10 pm
Post subject: Collingwood Carlton Win Loss HistoryReply with quote

Just a bit of history you might find interesting...

After some posters said they didn't care about the result in the lead up to Carlton game a few weeks ago a post from Magpie Bat resonated with me:

"Just a small piece of otherwise irrelevant statistical trivia, but win this game and we move to within 3 games of squaring the win-loss ledger with this mob (currently 125 wins to 121 in their favour, with 4 draws)."

In my time following the pies, I've always had a close eye on this tally, along with flags won. I had a play with the stats on this and came up with this graph of the tally over the history of their games. Interesting to see that we held the lead for all but a few years up until the 80s then haven't had it since. Here's hoping we get it back in 2017 and keep it and at least square the flags ledger in the near future as well....

coll carl wins.jpg

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two teams we must beat irrespective of ladder position or any other consideration. We must beat Carlton and St Kilda at all cost.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:43 pm

we are closing in!
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:48 pm

Let's hope that we continue to get 2 games per year against them. Will be in front by the end of 2017.

Not sure we can call our games blockbusters anymore, so there is a real risk we may only play them once per year over the coming years.
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:42 pm

And another point is that they are the ONLY mob (scum, filth, bastards....whatever you wanna call em) of the long term rivals, who have a better wi record over us.

We must get this back!!
The General Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:11 pm

Are we allowed to exclude games in the year(s) where they were found to be in breach the salary cap? If so, I think it might tip in our favour (provided we are then credited with the win).
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:32 am

With Carlton's current predicament I'm pretty confident we'll equal and surpass the current win-loss record against them in our club's history within the next two to three years depending on how often we play them annually.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:45 am

The General wrote:
Are we allowed to exclude games in the year(s) where they were found to be in breach the salary cap? If so, I think it might tip in our favour (provided we are then credited with the win).

The May 2004 game was just a debacle.
Winnable game pissed against the wall.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:02 am

Please don't remind me! We threw that game away after being 27 points up early in the last quarter.

Both games in 2008 and 2012 were appalling as well considering we were clearly superior to them throughout these particular years yet somehow we lost to them twice in both seasons! Evil or Very Mad

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Jezza wrote:
piedys wrote:
The General wrote:

The May 2004 game was just a debacle.

Please don't remind me! We threw that game away after being 27 points up early in the last quarter.

Both games in 2008 and 2012 were appalling as well considering we were clearly superior to them throughout these particular years yet somehow we lost to them twice in both seasons! Evil or Very Mad

That's the one Jez, Justin Davies enjoying his 5 minutes of Filth Fame in 2004, before disappearing up his own arse.
Listening to that game on the radio when they ran us down in the final term, made me nauseous.

Thought both those 2008 games were ATROCIOUSLY UMPIRED, will try to find the VHS tapes and have a look at them over the summer...

And the Friday the 13th 2012 game where Ball did his knee because he was the only arsehole tackling, was pathetic, and that's being kind.
And the 2012 return bout was equally shitful.
score: Ratten 2 - Buckley 0.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:00 pm

Recent list management exodus!

Betts
Waite
Garlett
M Robinson
Yarran
Henderson
J Kennedy
Grigg
S Jacobs
Laidler
S Hampson
T Bell (leaving)
Casboult (leaving)

Their inclusions are worse than the player exodus! I love it!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:22 am

piedys wrote:
Jezza wrote:
piedys wrote:
The General wrote:

The May 2004 game was just a f*cking debacle.

That's the one Jez, Justin Davies enjoying his 5 minutes of Filth Fame in 2004, before disappearing up his own arse.
Listening to that game on the radio when they ran us down in the final term, made me nauseous.

Thought both those 2008 games were ATROCIOUSLY UMPIRED, will try to find the VHS tapes and have a look at them over the summer...

And the Friday the 13th 2012 game where Ball did his knee because he was the only arsehole tackling, was pathetic, and that's being kind.
And the 2012 return bout was equally shitful.
score: Ratten 2 - Buckley 0.

I also remember Buckley doing his hammy in the first match in 2004. Justin Davies did absolutely nothing in his career except kick three goals in both matches against us in 2004! Mad

Overall they're all shockers but Friday April 13 2012 is still etched into my mind to this very day and that's why I relish in Carlton's misery at the moment. The arrogance of their supporters that night was unbearable and I can only imagine what our older supporters went through in 1970, 1979 and 1981.

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:32 am

That f*******aaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh Justin Davies game was the last time I bet on Collingwood results.
Had a running bet with a Carlton supporter over who would finish higher on the ladder each season. A slab with $200 enclosed.

We went into that game 4 points ahead on the ladder but about 0.2% behind the pr1cks is my memory.
We were also 6 goals up at 3/4 time AND kicked the first goal in the last quarter.
Enter Justin fkn Davies with 4 goals in the last quarter, they roll us by less than a kick finishing above us on the ladder by 0.2% or 0.3% (or something like that), and I get placed on suicide watch by those close to me!

I shudder at the memory.......

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:31 pm

The fact these creeps have beaten us in six grand finals, too our one, which was before world war one, shits me to tears. THAT FACT ALONE should explain why we utterly loathe them, to see them just get their fourth spoon, two ahead of us now, is bliss. They are a basket case now, nearly broke, and little laughing gas bolton wont do much for them either. Joy.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:56 am

Piesnchess wrote:
The fact these creeps have beaten us in six grand finals, too our one, which was before world war one, shits me to tears. THAT FACT ALONE should explain why we utterly loathe them, to see them just get their fourth spoon, two ahead of us now, is bliss. They are a basket case now, nearly broke, and little laughing gas bolton wont do much for them either. Joy.

Couldnt agree more. Poor Poor choice by the Blues but from our POV an awesome decision. Just another in a long line of digraceful choices by this mob - long may they continue to make such decisions and suffer as they have in 2015!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: