Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jed Adcock

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Pass.

As discussed in JW's 2015 trade thread.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that. My bad.

All good, I'm just being too lazy to write my reasoning again.

EDIT: Ok, now I feel guilty... here's what I wrote then and please note the Blair reference is because Adcock was suggested as a Blair replacement.

Yeah, pass. I think we've endured 2-3 years of playing huge numbers of <50 gamers getting experience and exposure into them and fail to see how playing a 30 year old not quite good enough to be retained on the Bears list player does anything to progress the development of those kids. If anything, it's a negative list management strategy as players like Broomhead, BK, Fasolo, Elliott, Abbott, Goodyear, Scharenberg, Marsh etc have 1 less senior spot available to them.

And before you get too carried away suggesting he could take Blair's spot please check the stats (link below). Blair's got him covered and he's a few years younger. I'd be happy to see Blair overtaken but it should be by 1 of our emerging kids, not someone who's career has come to an end and isn't performing as well.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=5&pid1=3205&tid2=20&pid2=1316&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

C'mon Jackcass the "Blair Comparer blog" again?? fess up to being his Father, Brother, Uncle or boyfriend! Enough is enough.

Your obsession with my posts is becoming really unhealthy, particularly as you're yet to provide any rebuttal remotely based in fact. Won't be long before you join your mate the undie wearer on my ignore list.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:13 pm

Gee I hope so Jackcass. I reckon every week when the Pies play all the facts on Blair are revealed in their entirety! He is a try hard battler at best and not part of our future.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:50 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Gee I hope so Jackcass. I reckon every week when the Pies play all the facts on Blair are revealed in their entirety! He is a try hard battler at best and not part of our future.

Yeah see, call me old fashioned but I prefer to back the opinions of Bucks, Malthouse and the selectors than rely on your view of things.

And just point me to the post where I've claimed Blair is any more than a good ordinary footballer who plays a role.

And posts that a clearly wrong and baseless need a response.

And as I've said, I'm yet to see anything from you that is based in fact that in any way counters my observations. Just for your benefit, you continually ranting something does not make it a fact, just an opinion, irrespective of how delusional it may be.

But don't let that stop you continually playing the man rather than the ball.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:37 pm

inxs88 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Yes Inxs88 the old Blair Comparer Blog!
Straight out of Maxwell Smart bag of tricks.
I wonder what agent 99 thinks of it all.
Do you think Blair is the Chief?

"WOULD YOU BELIEVE: Hymi" Very Happy

I forgot about "the laugh a minute" Hymi!
Reminds me of a certain prolific poster.
Maybe we should get the Stats book out on Hymi.
I'm sure we could compare Hymi with Blair "playing the role" role!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:42 pm

[quote="thompsoc"]
inxs88 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Yes Inxs88 the old Blair Comparer Blog!
Straight out of Maxwell Smart bag of tricks.
I wonder what agent 99 thinks of it all.
Do you think Blair is the Chief?

"WOULD YOU BELIEVE: Hymi" Very Happy

I forgot about "the laugh a minute" Hymi!
Reminds me of a certain prolific poster.
Maybe we should get the Stats book out on Hymi.
I'm sure we could compare Hymi with Blair "playing the role" role![/qu

Absolutely Hymi actually is better than Fyfe!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:46 pm

jackcass wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

Yeah see, call me old fashioned but I prefer to back the opinions of Bucks, Malthouse and the selectors than rely on your view of things.

And just point me to the post where I've claimed Blair is any more than a good ordinary footballer who plays a role.

And as I've said, I'm yet to see anything from you that is based in fact that in any way counters my observations. Just for your benefit, you continually ranting something does not make it a fact, just an opinion, irrespective of how delusional it may be.

I guess when you put up figures implying Blair was just as an effective player as Cyril Rioli all bets were off. I sincerely admire your loyalist tendencies to all Pies players (duds or stars). Malthouse was the same coach whom spearheaded the recruitment of Andrew Williams, Chad Rintoul, Chad Morrison and Scott Cummings from his West Coast days, so even the best get it wrong.

Bucks isn't guilt free either with the recruitment of Jordan Russell, Tony Armstrong, Jessica White and Quentin Lynch. If Blair is at the club in 2017 and averages 90+ supercoach points, I shall bow and acquiesce your point of view.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:52 pm

inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

I guess when you put up figures implying Blair was just as an effective player as Cyril Rioli all bets were off. I sincerely admire your loyalist tendencies to all Pies players (duds or stars). Malthouse was the same coach whom spearheaded the recruitment of Andrew Williams, Chad Rintoul, Chad Morrison and Scott Cummings from his West Coast days, so even the best get it wrong.

Bucks isn't guilt free either with the recruitment of Jordan Russell, Tony Armstrong, Jessica White and Quentin Lynch. If Blair is at the club in 2017 and averages 90+ supercoach points, I shall bow and acquiesce your point of view.

I wasn't implying anything, I was stating as a matter of fact that statistically there isn't that much between their respective performances this year. How you interpret that fact is totally up to you, your a big boy (assumed age and gender although not apparent by your posts) you can draw your own conclusions.

And yet again, zero facts, just some flimsy excuse that even the best get it wrong. Yes they do, but just how often is that mistake perpetuated over 6 full seasons by selecting said player every week? Welcome to the ignore list.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:00 pm

The main Stat that counts with Blair.
41 games in the last 2 years.
31 goals in the last 2 years.
A few of these were when he picked up the ball in
the goal square after a collingwood free kick and slammed
it through.
He gets the worst defender, and he is often left by himself
when his minder goes to another more dangerous Pie Player.
In 1990 and 1991 Daicos kicked 170 goals in those 2 years
playing the Blair role.
Everybody knows Daicos was streets ahead of Blair.
But if you want to win a flag you need some more goal kicking firepower
than what Blair brings.
I reckon Jed could do much better.

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Daicos was deliberately isolated deep forward. It is hardly the Blair role. Imagine trying to find a one on one for Daicos in today's forward line.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:38 pm

BBHS wrote:
Daicos was deliberately isolated deep forward. It is hardly the Blair role. Imagine trying to find a one on one for Daicos in today's forward line.

Have a bit of imagination please!
Although Daicos was often a lead up forward.
Same as Blair.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:49 pm

jackcass wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

I wasn't implying anything, I was stating as a matter of fact that statistically there isn't that much between their respective performances this year. How you interpret that fact is totally up to you, your a big boy (assumed age and gender although not apparent by your posts) you can draw your own conclusions.

And yet again, zero facts, just some flimsy excuse that even the best get it wrong. Yes they do, but just how often is that mistake perpetuated over 6 full seasons by selecting said player every week? Welcome to the ignore list.

Put a Blair poll up Jackcass and let the Nicksters decide his worthiness. Yiu can even pose the poll question!!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:49 pm

BBHS wrote:

Not too sure of the context (ignore list is a blessing) but I'm assuming that there's some expectations of Blair performing as Daicos.

As you've indicated, Daicos played a completely different role but aside from that if every player in our team was elite (like Daicos) we'd have a list of 20 players as they'd all command $500k+. Reality is that when you're trying to fit 44 players into about $10m (average of ~ $225k) you have to have a certain number of developing kids and No Name Brand type players who cost less. The hope is that your No Name Brand players are better than your oppositions.

Of course if someone can point me to the side that has at least 22 elite players I'll happily admit to being wrong.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:52 pm

Get that Poll up Jackcass!! let the people speak!
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:47 pm

Why comment when you don't know the context.
Very weird.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:25 pm

SwansWay wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Pass.

As discussed in JW's 2015 trade thread.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that. My bad.

And my 20c worth of mixed lollies from that same thread:

piedys wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Rexy17 wrote:
Any love for Adcock

4 goals today, could play the Blair roll and a better user of the ball.

Would not cost anything as delisted player.

About to turn 30 so that begs the question why?

J, watched the Bears vs. Dogs today on TV.
Much to my surprise, he kicked 4 goals and generated plenty of run through the middle for his age.
Somebody will pick him up for next to nothing, and he will be of great benefit to that team.
Hope it's us.

Dyso

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: