Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Assistant coaches

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:51 pm
Post subject: Re: Assistant coachesReply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
My post was not intended as a criticism of any of our assistants, but rather a discussion about how fresh ideas can be best introduced into the coaching mix.

i think we need to implore the club to force the coaches to read nick's, bigfooty and hotrods prior to selecting the team. that would work.

Put it this way JW, it wouldn't hurt........ Rolling Eyes

Sometimes they get caught up in their ivory towers and need to hear from grass roots levels. Would be a very good thing in my view.

Anyone who dares question the chosen one is immediately sent packing.
They are probably just hanging on, or trying to get out.

Yeah, but we'd warn them about you before they came on-line.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:57 pm

jackcass wrote:
Would do their heads in I'd reckon.

Logically speaking., this wouldn't be such a bad idea then. Why should we be the only ones to suffer Nick's? Shocked

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:59 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
My post was not intended as a criticism of any of our assistants, but rather a discussion about how fresh ideas can be best introduced into the coaching mix.

i think we need to implore the club to force the coaches to read nick's, bigfooty and hotrods prior to selecting the team. that would work.

Sometimes they get caught up in their ivory towers and need to hear from grass roots levels. Would be a very good thing in my view.

You make disparaging remarks at Buckley expense with nothing but distant observation and conjecture. Many supporters have concerns in respect to our senior coach and many of us are not convinced that he has what it takes to be a premiership senior coach. That said there is no need to assassinate his personaility or professionalism.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:07 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

You make disparaging remarks at Buckley expense with nothing but distant observation and conjecture. Many supporters have concerns in respect to our senior coach and many of us are not convinced that he has what it takes to be a premiership senior coach. That said there is no need to assassinate his personaility or professionalism.

Distant Observation and Conjecture - Example 1:

Shaw was renowned for his boisterous on-field antics, which often involved publicly lambasting his skipper Nick Maxwell.
And it's that kind of behaviour which is believed to have played a key role behind Buckley shipping Shaw off to the Giants.
Like Shaw, Jolly often spoke his mind internally at Collingwood, as well as publicly via his regular column with Fairfax, and Shaw defended Jolly's right to say what he said about Buckley.
"It's pretty harsh words, but that's the way 'Jolls' feels and he tells it as it is," Shaw said.
"I wouldn't deny him those comments because that's the way he felt and the way he feels at the time."
Shaw insisted whenever he or Jolly spoke their minds at the Westpac Centre, they only ever had the club's best interests at heart.
"If we thought that something was going to improve the club then we'd obviously our hand up and say it," Shaw said.
"Whether he (Buckley) took that on board or not, that's up to him.
"At the end of the day, we're there to win games of footy and we're there to improve.
"So it was never going to be anything that was against the club."

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl/heath-shaw-sides-with-darren-jolly-over-nathan-buckley-dispute/1vltkchh7ut0511d4ztke7isih/
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:33 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Distant Observation and Conjecture - Example 1:

Shaw was renowned for his boisterous on-field antics, which often involved publicly lambasting his skipper Nick Maxwell.
And it's that kind of behaviour which is believed to have played a key role behind Buckley shipping Shaw off to the Giants.
Like Shaw, Jolly often spoke his mind internally at Collingwood, as well as publicly via his regular column with Fairfax, and Shaw defended Jolly's right to say what he said about Buckley.
"It's pretty harsh words, but that's the way 'Jolls' feels and he tells it as it is," Shaw said.
"I wouldn't deny him those comments because that's the way he felt and the way he feels at the time."
Shaw insisted whenever he or Jolly spoke their minds at the Westpac Centre, they only ever had the club's best interests at heart.
"If we thought that something was going to improve the club then we'd obviously our hand up and say it," Shaw said.
"Whether he (Buckley) took that on board or not, that's up to him.
"At the end of the day, we're there to win games of footy and we're there to improve.
"So it was never going to be anything that was against the club."

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl/heath-shaw-sides-with-darren-jolly-over-nathan-buckley-dispute/1vltkchh7ut0511d4ztke7isih/

Unless I'm reading a different article, all Shaw does is defend Jolly's right to say what he said. Not that it was right. Not that it was accurate. Not that he agreed with the comments. Just that he had a right to an opinion. Hardly seems like hard evidence the club has made a mistake.

You seriously need to build a few bridges. Club decided Jolly was done at senior level, vast majority of supporters seemed to think so to, Jolly disagreed. The fact 17 other clubs overlooked him at the draft confirming that seems to get all too conveniently overlooked.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bridges are all burned.

The only hard evidence is 2nd, 4th, 8th, 11th, 12th.

Thats really all we have.

What evidence do u have that everything is rosy and it is an open inclusive culture that encourages player empowerment?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:50 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Bridges are all burned.

The only hard evidence is 2nd, 4th, 8th, 11th, 12th.

Thats really all we have.

What evidence do u have that everything is rosy and it is an open inclusive culture that encourages player empowerment?

And when did I say that was the case? It is the basis of Leading Teams approach though so you'd assume it is developing.

2nd, 4th, 8th, 11th, 12th. Yep, not pretty but it is what it is and we've done well not to seriously bottom out during a rebuild, recruit some very promising kids, and give them exposure without burning them out.

Not hearing about any real discontent at the club, no rumours or speculation in the media. Does make you think things are going okay.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:01 pm

Dangles wrote:
Akermanis sounds like the cure for the ills of which you speak.i also heard someone on SEN talking about Donald McDonald last year and how they couldn't believe he'd never been a senior coach. After they read out McDonald's resume I couldn't believe it eitheir. Luke Hodge might even be an option if he retires at the end of the year. If not, he might be an option at the end of next year.

After a putrid weekend, the suggestion of Akermanis must be for light relief yes? Unless there is a different Akermanis than the dick who was sacked from both Brisbane and the Bulldogs. No, I'd rather invite that cantankerous old bastard Mick Malthouse back, than to have Akermanis anywhere near our club. No, no and no.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:09 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Dangles wrote:
Akermanis sounds like the cure for the ills of which you speak.i also heard someone on SEN talking about Donald McDonald last year and how they couldn't believe he'd never been a senior coach. After they read out McDonald's resume I couldn't believe it eitheir. Luke Hodge might even be an option if he retires at the end of the year. If not, he might be an option at the end of next year.

After a putrid weekend, the suggestion of Akermanis must be for light relief yes? Unless there is a different Akermanis than the dick who was sacked from both Brisbane and the Bulldogs. No, I'd rather invite that cantankerous old bastard Mick Malthouse back, than to have Akermanis anywhere near our club. No, no and no.

The OP said some of the assistants seemed too humorless, so I mentioned Akermanis because he is someone who dosn't take himself or the conservative norms of the AFL too seriously. However we have to remember that Swanny would bring a bit of humor to the group.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:17 pm

Move Ben Hart on. If that was defensive coaching yesterday that allowed Stanton to continually be on his own 20 metres out from goal, and then allowed Hocking to be standing on his own 30 meters out from goal with only minutes left, then you can stick that up your a%$e.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:30 pm

jatsad wrote:
Move Ben Hart on. If that was defensive coaching yesterday that allowed Stanton to continually be on his own 20 metres out from goal, and then allowed Hocking to be standing on his own 30 meters out from goal with only minutes left, then you can stick that up your a%$e.

Wonder if anyone would care to answer this question. Have our backs got caught out of position a lot lately (with the above happening too often) because:
a) they push up the ground too far when trying to rebound out of defence
b) they are simply too slow to get back on their opponents after attempting to get the ball out of defence
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:32 pm

I'm not sure if it could.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: