Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

VFL 2nd Semi Final - Collingwood vs Sandringham

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
I have been banging on about Mitch brown in other threads this year.
He spent first half in defence and went forward after half time and turned the game on its head. I would hope the pies are seriously considering him with a late pick in national draft before another club moves in the pre season draft.
I know dockers are very keen on him.
As I keep saying, he is 195cm, no trade required and comes cheap. Comes from a good development program with the Cats too.

Had a good year, made the team of the year, but I still think the issues he had while at the Cats would again count against him at senior level. I mean he had nearly zero impact until he moved forward after half time and had the luxury of finding himself with a massive mismatch. Not sure he offers an improvement upon White.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:50 pm

Thank you to Magpie Bat, P4S, DTM, K and others who have been generous with their time & commitment to put info up on Nicks VFL.

I suspect JW is lurking there but puts the runs on the board for the VFL team.

Thank you all.

MB does deserve a medal.

BTW, where is Mr Barry?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:56 pm

My Pleasure and Also Thanks to MagpieBat for doing what he does on here
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:05 pm

jackcass wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
He spent first half in defence and went forward after half time and turned the game on its head. I would hope the pies are seriously considering him with a late pick in national draft before another club moves in the pre season draft.
As I keep saying, he is 195cm, no trade required and comes cheap. Comes from a good development program with the Cats too.

Had a good year, made the team of the year, but I still think the issues he had while at the Cats would again count against him at senior level. I mean he had nearly zero impact until he moved forward after half time and had the luxury of finding himself with a massive mismatch. Not sure he offers an improvement upon White.

That's a fair point in one way but I could argue that had he have started in forward line where he made the VFL team of the year, we mighnt have been that close at the end. Im not saying he is a world beater but he comes cheap and there is no trade involved.
The knock on him is that he didn't get the best out of himself while at Geelong. He took a one year contract at Sandy with a view to play good pain free footy ( after shoulder reco pins were removed ) at VFL level and hopefully get picked up again in AFL. He cant do much more and I think he is the type of player at 195cm, that our club is light on at the moment, partic with Reids issues. Remember, he was virtually essesndons best player in the pre season games. Balmey would know him better than most, so I am sure the club is aware of both his good and bad. Time will tell.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:13 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

That's a fair point in one way but I could argue that had he have started in forward line where he made the VFL team of the year, we mighnt have been that close at the end. Im not saying he is a world beater but he comes cheap and there is no trade involved.
The knock on him is that he didn't get the best out of himself while at Geelong. He took a one year contract at Sandy with a view to play good pain free footy ( after shoulder reco pins were removed ) at VFL level and hopefully get picked up again in AFL. He cant do much more and I think he is the type of player at 195cm, that our club is light on at the moment, partic with Reids issues. Remember, he was virtually essesndons best player in the pre season games. Balmey would know him better than most, so I am sure the club is aware of both his good and bad. Time will tell.

Bombers would Love Him as well

mattys123 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:24 pm

Magpiebat getting the credit he deserves for his great work on the VFL updates this year.

Quote:
@CollingwoodFC: A big thanks, too, to @magpiebat, @Mattys123, @vflpies + all who spread the Magpie word online. We ❤️ + appreciate your efforts + support!
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:48 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Essendon will be loving any player who has 2 arms, 2 legs and pulse right now...

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:50 pm

mattys123 wrote:
Magpiebat getting the credit he deserves for his great work on the VFL updates this year.

Quote:
@CollingwoodFC: A big thanks, too, to @magpiebat, @Mattys123, @vflpies + all who spread the Magpie word online. We ❤️ + appreciate your efforts + support!

Thank you, sir.

Deserved shout out to you and your gang for your VFL work as well.

Dave The Man Scorpio

MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Essendon will be loving any player who has 2 arms, 2 legs and pulse right now...

There VFL Side is doing very well though

MagpieBat 

Dave The Man wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Won't be if/when the hammer drops...

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:54 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Won't be if/when the hammer drops...

Well that is IF they are found Guilty

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:53 am

Thanks for the great work MB, Mattys123 and anyone else concerned for providing such extensive VFL coverage and reviews throughout the season! It's been fantastic and really made my interest of the VFL increase over the years.

In regards to the match itself, Scharenberg was outstanding! I can really see why Hine rates him so highly. Great game by Witts as well which to me suggests that there will be a level of reluctance to let him go as some have suggested recently.

Disappointing to see Marsh sustain another injury to his hamstring but hopefully the scans show it isn't that serious and it shouldn't hinder his pre-season too much. Fingers crossed on the best outcome for him.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:47 am

Okay, so which players are currently cleaning out their lockers for the last time today, as we speak?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Stats:

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:54 pm

piedys wrote:
Okay, so which players are currently cleaning out their lockers for the last time today, as we speak?

Purely guessing probably

Armstrong
Seedsman
Gault

Possibly

Young
Karnezis
Dwyer
Freeman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22   

Jump to: