Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies lose to Dons. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
I still filthy on the lack of effort. If they were going to not take it seriously, tank, or what ever, could have warned us. I would have put in the same effort and stayed home.

I'm still pissed off. Not feeling optimistic, and seeing pics of our players drunk, dressed like fucktards and enjoying themselves won't help. Cancel mad Monday, and the end of season trip. Too many don't $£$%^%%$ deserve it.

Send them off to actually work for a living. Bagging groceries or collecting rubbish might make them appreciate how $£$%^%%$ lucky they are.

And a couple could use a lesson on what the word team means. They could take a leaf out of FAZ s book. Has really turned the corner. One of only a handful that can hold their heads up after yesterday.

Doing better? On the right track? WTF! I don't see it, I just don't. You don't lose to Melbourne, the dopers like that. And guts would have won a couple of those "honourable losses". Be prepared to hurt a little, your paid enough. Gees the draw we had, this is not a good finish. They damn well better make pick seven count. Because it cost us something so valuable. It's called PRIDE.

I'm surprised you're still angry!

I must say I've been angry a few times over the way we performed recently but yesterday didn't make me angry for some reason. It was a complete dead rubber and I think the crowd and the players all felt the same barring the last ten minutes of the game where you could sense that everyone wanted to win in the end.

I've had my concerns about the club in some aspects for the long time and none of it has changed sadly as 2015 has concluded but I suppose we need to keep persevering as we head into 2016. For what it's worth it's not the young players we've drafted that has concerned me, but whether the coaching staff has the ability to develop them properly and teach them an effective and functioning game plan that will make us successful in the future.

Some of the losses this year have been very disheartening but some performances against sides like Fremantle and Hawthorn have also been very promising as well. This year has had a number of positives and negatives. I think we've stalled overall and we haven't improved largely but I don't think we're any worse than 12 months ago but some may disagree with that assessment.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:20 am

Quote:
As if Moore couldn't have out-run that ESSENDON dead-shit in the dying minutes to waltz into goal? But no, had to kick it to the opposition, like we do like no other team.

Easy to say that when you are not out there.

More Senior Players then Moore made just a big as mistakes during the game

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:41 am

think positive wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
think positive wrote:
I still filthy on the lack of effort. If they were going to not take it seriously, tank, or what ever, could have warned us. I would have put in the same effort and stayed home.

I'm still pissed off. Not feeling optimistic, and seeing pics of our players drunk, dressed like fucktards and enjoying themselves won't help. Cancel mad Monday, and the end of season trip. Too many don't $£$%^%%$ deserve it.

Send them off to actually work for a living. Bagging groceries or collecting rubbish might make them appreciate how $£$%^%%$ lucky they are.

And a couple could use a lesson on what the word team means. They could take a leaf out of FAZ s book. Has really turned the corner. One of only a handful that can hold their heads up after yesterday.

Doing better? On the right track? WTF! I don't see it, I just don't. You don't lose to Melbourne, the dopers like that. And guts would have won a couple of those "honourable losses". Be prepared to hurt a little, your paid enough. Gees the draw we had, this is not a good finish. They damn well better make pick seven count. Because it cost us something so valuable. It's called PRIDE.

Bertha, I didn't realise you posted here. Welcome to Nick's BB!

Funny **** aren't you

Were you there?

Lighten up. I take it to heart too, but it's a young team that struggled to play two good games in a season let alone in a row. I predicted we'd lose for precisely this reason. And no, I wasn't there; I work weekends.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:32 am

Well I was there, and it was artic cold, and a $£$%^%%$ terrible waste of time and money to watch them run around like headless chooks, and not even trying to win against a team of $£$%^%%$ drug cheats. So allow me my rant.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:33 am

I never have a problem with losing, but not trying is never acceptable.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:49 am

^^^ It is if you're trying to secure pick 7 to trade to GWS.

That shouldn't be how it is but, unfortunately, that's the way of things.

The AFL needs to change the stupid arrangement whereby you can actually work out how much you can improve your pick by losing and how much you can worsen it by winning. There should be some form of lottery or, better still, an arrangement whereby the high picks are some sort of reward for performance (say, the first 5 picks are awarded in the same order as the teams finish from 14th to 18th).

The way to avoid teams playing "dead" late in the season is to give them something to play for.

Actually, given that finishing between 5th and 8th is a complete waste of time (you get punished with a later draft pick and you have no chance of winning a premiership), I'm open to the possibility that there be a series of small competitions for draft order (so, perhaps, the top 4 teams just get picks, as presently, 16, 15, 14 and 13 but then the picks are allocated as 9, 10, 11 and 12, then 5, 6 7 and 8 and 1, 2, 3 and 4).

It is ridiculous that the worst performed team every season gets the best picks in every round - and the problem is only exacerbated by giving that club an incentive to get rid of its few competent players under free agency because it gets compensation picks awarded straight after its "ordinary" pick. You do have to ask yourself how it is fair that the Blooz might get pick 2 for losing a hopeless hack like Kreuzer but Hawthorn only got pick 19 for losing Franklin.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:37 am

think positive wrote:
Well I was there, and it was artic cold, and a [snip] terrible waste of time and money to watch them run around like headless chooks, and not even trying to win against a team of [snip] drug cheats. So allow me my rant.

clearly, you are a supporter who comes with conditions. stay home if supporting the team is such an imposition on you. waaaaa.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:11 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

It is ridiculous that the worst performed team every season gets the best picks in every round - and the problem is only exacerbated by giving that club an incentive to get rid of its few competent players under free agency because it gets compensation picks awarded straight after its "ordinary" pick. You do have to ask yourself how it is fair that the Blooz might get pick 2 for losing a hopeless hack like Kreuzer but Hawthorn only got pick 19 for losing Franklin.

Careful, looking more and more likely that he will be our hopeless hack soon Wink.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:03 pm

Can we start a Nick's petition NOT to get Kreuser? To see if grass roots level feedback has a voice at the club??
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:06 pm

John Wren wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Careful, looking more and more likely that he will be our hopeless hack soon Wink.

lol. perish the thought.

p4s - would you have preferred the hawks to get the second pick in the draft for franklin?

I think the destination club should be coughing up the compo based on similar formulas used for F/S picks.

I don't think FA was never meant to allow the best talent of lowly clubs to cross to the top clubs keeping them in contention longer. It was to allow free movement of players. Lets see how keen Sydney are to grab a Franklin if it's going to cost them their 1st & 2nd round picks in the ND.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:21 pm

John Wren wrote:
clearly, you are a supporter who comes with conditions. stay home if supporting the team is such an imposition on you. waaaaa.

another sit at home keyboard warrior who wants to criticize me?

ok

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:23 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ It is if you're trying to secure pick 7 to trade to GWS.

That shouldn't be how it is but, unfortunately, that's the way of things.

The AFL needs to change the stupid arrangement whereby you can actually work out how much you can improve your pick by losing and how much you can worsen it by winning. There should be some form of lottery or, better still, an arrangement whereby the high picks are some sort of reward for performance (say, the first 5 picks are awarded in the same order as the teams finish from 14th to 18th).

The way to avoid teams playing "dead" late in the season is to give them something to play for.

Actually, given that finishing between 5th and 8th is a complete waste of time (you get punished with a later draft pick and you have no chance of winning a premiership), I'm open to the possibility that there be a series of small competitions for draft order (so, perhaps, the top 4 teams just get picks, as presently, 16, 15, 14 and 13 but then the picks are allocated as 9, 10, 11 and 12, then 5, 6 7 and 8 and 1, 2, 3 and 4).

so true, rewarding mediocrity is just insane. it makes tanking seem such a good idea. i cant come to termswith it, but whats the fair way?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:59 pm

think positive wrote:

I strongly doubt that a senior player at any club would not try. That's not to say that they can't be off the boil a tad subconsciously and with the closeness of the competition that is sometimes as much as it takes.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:50 pm

jackcass wrote:
think positive wrote:

I strongly doubt that a senior player at any club would not try. That's not to say that they can't be off the boil a tad subconsciously and with the closeness of the competition that is sometimes as much as it takes.

Fair enough

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:17 pm

think positive wrote:
John Wren wrote:

another sit at home keyboard warrior who wants to criticize me?

JW... a few more performances like that [and the Richmond game] in 2016, and the club will be begging "supporters who comes with conditions" to return to the MCG to fill the vast array of vacant seats at our home games.

TP always tells it like it is, particularly when it comes to the players effort and application. She is there every week, and I for one value her observations of the teams performances highly.

Dyso

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12   

Jump to: