Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies lose to Dons. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jayaykay 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
Sitting with a group of Collingwood supporters and all we could do was laugh at the display that was put on yesterday. It was reminiscent of the year we played Carlton where we went every direction bar forward and we laughed that day. The draft that year we got Pendles and Thomas. Very Happy

Snap!! Well, someone on BomberBlitz wrote "Nicely disguised Pies.. " in their post-game thread...seems there's at least 1 Bummer fan with half a brain who could also see outside the square! No-one had commented on this...couldn't understand the meaning...haha! The others were all writing how great they were; Bummer domination; VFL side could have beaten us yada yada... :p

...and yeah I do read opposition BBs sometimes for a laugh...as I'm sure they do with us.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:38 am

I attended Preston Oval Saturday and watch Greensborough smash Mcleod (NFL Division 1) and there was more physical contact in one quarter than yesterday's entire AFL game. At half time at the G I noted the scoreboard stated, "280 uncontested possessions". If anyone thinks we went out to win the game after GWS lost you are dreaming. Laughing Laughing
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:48 am

I guess a few of us are sad but not totally surprised at yesterday's result. It was suggested in the pre season prediction thread (where IS that bloody thread btw???) that Collingwood will be a young, developing team this year AND that these teams typically win against the odds or lose the ones expected to win. That is exactly what developing teams do, they are totally bloody unpredictable.
I'm NOT here to excuse Collingwood's pathetic efforts in the second half of this season as I'm truly gutted just like everyone else who is a genuine Collingwood supporter. No Collingwood supporter will be happy with games like yesterdays. Just an explanation that this is a typical result with young teams. I know that is not an acceptable answer to most here and I fully get that.
Not often have I wished for an early end to a footy season but that was exactly the case this year. I'm over it............ Rolling Eyes

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:53 am

Yep a big old tank ! Brown let the Hooker go stand on the 50 arc unopposed! Varcoe passes backwards from 15 metres out. Benny Hill was smiling down from a park bench in heaven!

www.facebook/the hybernators
58pie 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:31 pm

Watching with my 2 mad Collingwood sons and they were both wanting Essendon to win. Seeing it is supposed to be a thin draft. Pick 7 could be the differance between picking up a future champion and a plodder. So while I am disappointed I see a lot of upside in the VFL and maybe the minor flag as compensation. Hope next season sees some new AFL faces both from the VFL and trading for those players wanting a move. Not Stevey J though he should not keep out one of those young guns. 11.30 am Sunday,Go Pies.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:35 pm

58pie wrote:
Watching with my 2 mad Collingwood sons and they were both wanting Essendon to win. Seeing it is supposed to be a thin draft. Pick 7 could be the differance between picking up a future champion and a plodder. So while I am disappointed I see a lot of upside in the VFL and maybe the minor flag as compensation. Hope next season sees some new AFL faces both from the VFL and trading for those players wanting a move. Not Stevey J though he should not keep out one of those young guns. 11.30 am Sunday,Go Pies.

Not too sure Collingwood are that interested in getting a young draft pick with Number 7 mate. They seem hell bent on getting yet another bloody midfielder. Rolling Eyes

We urgently need KPP's Collingwood.......... Evil or Very Mad Mad

A forward line of Blair, Fasolo and Elliot will not win us a flag.

58pie 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:46 pm

Pick 7 may get a Treloar.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:46 pm

58pie wrote:

Yep it might.

Yey another midfielder....... Rolling Eyes

Dawesy31 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:12 pm

John Wren wrote:
Dawesy31 wrote:
I went to the game yesterday with my partner who is a Bombers fan, with the attitude that the game meant nothing and so wasn't disappointed with the result... HOWEVER! What disappointed, was the DISGRACEFUL act of some of our so-called "supporters" that threw their flags and banners on to the field after the match.

No wonder other team supporters mock us constantly. These morons are supposed to be representing our great club, supporting it through the good times AND the bad, yet this handful of cretins has embarrassed our club, the team has not. Have a good hard look at yourselves!

would these be the banners and flags used by the cheer squad and thrown onto the field so they can be collected and packed up for storage? or was this an actual cause for outrage?

Ohhhh, maybe. I usually sit at the other end of the ground for home games, so I don't see what happens with the cheer squad normally. If this is the case, then I apologise profusely for any offence caused. It didn't look good though. Wink
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:17 pm

Dawesy31 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dawesy31 wrote:
I went to the game yesterday with my partner who is a Bombers fan, with the attitude that the game meant nothing and so wasn't disappointed with the result... HOWEVER! What disappointed, was the DISGRACEFUL act of some of our so-called "supporters" that threw their flags and banners on to the field after the match.

No wonder other team supporters mock us constantly. These morons are supposed to be representing our great club, supporting it through the good times AND the bad, yet this handful of cretins has embarrassed our club, the team has not. Have a good hard look at yourselves!

would these be the banners and flags used by the cheer squad and thrown onto the field so they can be collected and packed up for storage? or was this an actual cause for outrage?

Ohhhh, maybe. I usually sit at the other end of the ground for home games, so I don't see what happens with the cheer squad normally. If this is the case, then I apologise profusely for any offence caused. It didn't look good though. Wink

it's a fair rant to pull back from. Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:28 pm

John Wren wrote:
Dawesy31 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dawesy31 wrote:

it's a fair rant to pull back from. Wink

its really quite funny!!

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:30 pm

think positive wrote:
I still filthy on the lack of effort. If they were going to not take it seriously, tank, or what ever, could have warned us. I would have put in the same effort and stayed home.

I'm still pissed off. Not feeling optimistic, and seeing pics of our players drunk, dressed like fucktards and enjoying themselves won't help. Cancel mad Monday, and the end of season trip. Too many don't $£$%^%%$ deserve it.

Send them off to actually work for a living. Bagging groceries or collecting rubbish might make them appreciate how $£$%^%%$ lucky they are.

And a couple could use a lesson on what the word team means. They could take a leaf out of FAZ s book. Has really turned the corner. One of only a handful that can hold their heads up after yesterday.

Doing better? On the right track? WTF! I don't see it, I just don't. You don't lose to Melbourne, the dopers like that. And guts would have won a couple of those "honourable losses". Be prepared to hurt a little, your paid enough. Gees the draw we had, this is not a good finish. They damn well better make pick seven count. Because it cost us something so valuable. It's called PRIDE.

Bertha, I didn't realise you posted here. Welcome to Nick's BB!

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:33 pm

Lazza wrote:
58pie wrote:

Yep it might.

Yey another midfielder....... Rolling Eyes

We could actually do with a midfielder. We're not short on for talls having played more players over 190cm than anyone else this season.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:53 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
think positive wrote:
I still filthy on the lack of effort. If they were going to not take it seriously, tank, or what ever, could have warned us. I would have put in the same effort and stayed home.

I'm still pissed off. Not feeling optimistic, and seeing pics of our players drunk, dressed like fucktards and enjoying themselves won't help. Cancel mad Monday, and the end of season trip. Too many don't $£$%^%%$ deserve it.

Send them off to actually work for a living. Bagging groceries or collecting rubbish might make them appreciate how $£$%^%%$ lucky they are.

And a couple could use a lesson on what the word team means. They could take a leaf out of FAZ s book. Has really turned the corner. One of only a handful that can hold their heads up after yesterday.

Doing better? On the right track? WTF! I don't see it, I just don't. You don't lose to Melbourne, the dopers like that. And guts would have won a couple of those "honourable losses". Be prepared to hurt a little, your paid enough. Gees the draw we had, this is not a good finish. They damn well better make pick seven count. Because it cost us something so valuable. It's called PRIDE.

the post season soap box has well and truly opened.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:10 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
think positive wrote:

Funny **** aren't you

Were you there?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: