Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies lose to Dons. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^TWO sausage rolls a week would do me nicely, i move a motion that we get Stevie J into a Pies jumper, any seconders ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:14 pm

Fine then! He can have #11 for all I care! Surprised
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:17 pm

Stevie J is a no for me. Why bring someone in for one season. Looked like he didn't care for half the season.

As said, if we were challenging, maybe, but why have him taking time off a younger player we are developing?

slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:41 pm

Today was the day that we could've levelled the wins tally from last year.
We failed miserably and for the 4th year in a row have gone backwards in games won compared to the previous season.
This stat alone makes me question the direction we are going in.
Yes, there have been many positives but what it is showing is yet again, the negatives are outweighing the positives more and more.
The spin doctors will be in full swing, but the reality is that even with natural improvement from the younger players, we are quite a way off the pace.
We have too many deficiencies to be a top 8 side and some of them don't look like being rectified any time soon (i.e disposal efficiency, quality small forwards).
There are other teams in the same boat in a similar rebuilding phase as us, but who are producing more consistent football.
Our current crop of players don't look like developing into a team that will beat the likes of the Bulldogs, Crows or west coast in the next few years. I can't see any of those dropping down any time soon.
Unless one if the youngsters does a Dane swan circa 2006 and becomes an A grader, we will be left with a list full of B graders at best.
2015 has been a failure and definitely not in the direction that we should be going in.
After the 2004-5 rebuild we made finals in 2006+. I don't have the some gut feeling of optimism now as I did in 2006.
Maybe next year will be a massive improvement, but if I was a betting man, I wouldn't be putting money on us surpassing many of the teams already above us.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:41 pm

I don't care if it was round 23 I absolutely can't stand losing to that rancid mob.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:10 am

Albert Parker wrote:
Stevie J is a no for me. Why bring someone in for one season. Looked like he didn't care for half the season.

As said, if we were challenging, maybe, but why have him taking time off a younger player we are developing?

We don’t need old Codgers. Broomhead be someone better to get game into

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:20 am

That's correct Dave, but I think we are fishing for experienced, wiser heads, and stronger bodies here mate.... just a short-term stop-gap player...
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:06 am

We basically chucked away a game we should have won through sloppy kicking and hand balling and lack of desire for the contest. We have excuses today. Swan and Cloke didn't play and Pendlebury, Grundy and Elliot look injured to me. But there are no excuses for not being able to pass to a teammate, notwithstanding the pressure some players were under by their harder tackling Essendon opponents. The younger players will learn, but they better learn fast, or they will end up having short AFL careers. Our tackling has dropped off from the first half of the season when we were 8 and 3. Our tackles are no longer sticking as Essendon players were constantly breaking free. Players were not concentrating for the whole game. I thought only Adams and Langdon played 120 minutes of the football. The rest were playing little cameos or drifting in or out of the game. Lots of work to do over the off season. Firstly drill after drill after drill needed to improve kicking hand balling. Secondly we need a rugby person to work on players tackling skills. Thirdly we need to get our team structures worked out so players know what their individual roles and KPI's are.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:12 am

thebaldfacts wrote:
Don't know how to feel. The game did not mean anything other than pick 7 or 8.

Not greatly disappointed. Typical final round. We could hardly be bothered tackling and pressuring in the first half.

The real killer was the misses when we had chances to go beyond 2 goals. Kennedy, Fasolo, Pendles all missed gettable shots. How many out on the full did we kick from set shots? Probably would of won if they were at least points.

We had 10 players 21 or under, so we had lots of kids again. Guess we are playing for the future.

Am sure Bucks has us on the right path, just not sure if Bucks will be the one to see us through. 2016 is finals or bust.

You've summed up how I feel about this match! Well said TBF!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:17 am

But I am not a typical .
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:58 am

I still filthy on the lack of effort. If they were going to not take it seriously, tank, or what ever, could have warned us. I would have put in the same effort and stayed home.

I'm still pissed off. Not feeling optimistic, and seeing pics of our players drunk, dressed like fucktards and enjoying themselves won't help. Cancel mad Monday, and the end of season trip. Too many don't $£$%^%%$ deserve it.

Send them off to actually work for a living. Bagging groceries or collecting rubbish might make them appreciate how $£$%^%%$ lucky they are.

And a couple could use a lesson on what the word team means. They could take a leaf out of FAZ s book. Has really turned the corner. One of only a handful that can hold their heads up after yesterday.

Doing better? On the right track? WTF! I don't see it, I just don't. You don't lose to Melbourne, the dopers like that. And guts would have won a couple of those "honourable losses". Be prepared to hurt a little, your paid enough. Gees the draw we had, this is not a good finish. They damn well better make pick seven count. Because it cost us something so valuable. It's called PRIDE.

Dawesy31 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:05 am

I went to the game yesterday with my partner who is a Bombers fan, with the attitude that the game meant nothing and so wasn't disappointed with the result... HOWEVER! What disappointed, was the DISGRACEFUL act of some of our so-called "supporters" that threw their flags and banners on to the field after the match.

No wonder other team supporters mock us constantly. These morons are supposed to be representing our great club, supporting it through the good times AND the bad, yet this handful of cretins has embarrassed our club, the team has not. Have a good hard look at yourselves!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:10 am

The shames on you. What the hell are you doing with a bomber fan?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:26 am

Sitting with a group of Collingwood supporters and all we could do was laugh at the display that was put on yesterday. It was reminiscent of the year we played Carlton where we went every direction bar forward and we laughed that day. The draft that year we got Pendles and Thomas. Very Happy
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:43 am

Dawesy31 wrote:
I went to the game yesterday with my partner who is a Bombers fan, with the attitude that the game meant nothing and so wasn't disappointed with the result... HOWEVER! What disappointed, was the DISGRACEFUL act of some of our so-called "supporters" that threw their flags and banners on to the field after the match.

No wonder other team supporters mock us constantly. These morons are supposed to be representing our great club, supporting it through the good times AND the bad, yet this handful of cretins has embarrassed our club, the team has not. Have a good hard look at yourselves!

would these be the banners and flags used by the cheer squad and thrown onto the field so they can be collected and packed up for storage? or was this an actual cause for outrage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: