Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies lose to Dons. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Big T wrote:
Am shocked that we happily lose less games than last year, securing our fifth consecutive regression, and say it doesn't matter, we have improved. That's a lower club mentality.

And while we will no doubt improve next year and have blooded many young players, who hasn't? Look at the ladder and tell me port, St kilda, Melbourne, giants, suns etc won't improve significantly and that we are a shoe in for finals.

Attitude stinks.

And the Bulldogs as well.

The rose colored glasses brigade think that the rest of the competition will just stand still while we explode up the ladder. It aint going to happen.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that we will improve significantly next year.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:34 pm

jackcass wrote:
piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Moore looks a ripper, but itd help if we could recruit a realiable mid height forward who can kick straight, should we go for stevie J or adcock for one season ? Idea

Adcock absolutely, a hard-ass runner and goal kicker.
Stick that Johnson up your clacker; we are right for list-clogging, underperforming, self-important egomaniac forwards thanks.

Time to cull a couple actually...

Adcocks performances this year don't even stack up to Blair despite being significantly enhanced by his game yesterday. There's a reason the Bears aren't offering him a new contract.

Stevie J has statistically been among the best HFs in the league this season but I'd say his impact has halved despite that.

Personally I don't think either would improve our squad next season or beyond.

J, I'm basing my premise on the theory "that you are only as good as your last game". And that sure as shit impressed me, against a very nimble bulldogs midfield, which IIRC cut us to ribbons a few weeks back.

As for the recent history of who the Bears signed/delisted in the past few season, just goes to show they wouldn't know if their arses were on fire.

In a perfect world, I'd take Adcock before Stevie J, if we had the chance.
Just my 20c worth...

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:35 pm

To be honest it looked like bruise free practice match footy for 3.5 quarters from the top deck at the punt end road. Thought the tank began when they removed Grundy and threw Moore to the wolves. Thought they were taking the piss then as Grundy was doing well around the ground and keeping us in it. But Moore is a rare bird, and toiled beyond his years. He's going to be a ripper. The less said about Elliott and White at the end.. the better.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:41 pm

King Monkey wrote:
piedys wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
^I'll tell you then.
It was Jamie Elliott.

How the fk do you blame Buckley for Elliott's lack of accountability??

Well Elliott hasn't looked right to me for many weeks.
Not moving as freely as he should, I'm presuming it's back related.
Do I think the imbecile was playing him below 100% fitness? Yes.
Elliott was in no condition to match it with Stanton for the hard running.

I consider Heppell and Stanton the Dopers engine room, in Watson's absence. If that isn't obvious to the coaching staff, then they need to be removed. Pronto.

No further questions, Your Honour?

Lol.
Buckley is so stupid he's been playing Elliott despite him being injured, even after we blew our finals chances??

That's not even getting to trial, and your lucky not to be held in contempt. Dismissed.

Also, there was not much hard running involved in any of Stanton's goals.
He just waited around the wing/half forward areas time and again in acres, and sauntered forward at the appropriate times whilst our golden boy Billy ran around chasing kicks.
I'd hope Elliott learns from that if he wants more time up the ground. Otherwise, he's going to be a forward pocket his whole career.
Method in Buckley's madness??

Well KM, firstly, I'm having my legal team removed.
What did I really expect from a Gumtree listing?

But seriously, I trust your observations, and should they be correct, you'd expect Buckley to sit down with Elliott next week and watch the vision of those passages you mentioned, to explain the consequences of his lack of application to the job on Stanton?
Regardless, I still maintain the match-up itself was poor coaching.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:47 pm

Saw after the Game and Looked like the Game Meant way more to the Bombers then it did for us
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:50 pm

^I'd like to think it was educational and those conversations will occur during the week and indeed over the pre-season.

All that being said, I'd prefer him to play 70/30 as a forward with his skill set, but it's still important he learns 2 way running for time spent on the wing/in the middle.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:51 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:
Yet Karnezis can't get a game. Why FFS?

He told the Club he wants out about a Month ago

Do you blame him?

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:54 pm

King Monkey wrote:
^I'd like to think it was educational and those conversations will occur during the week and indeed over the pre-season.

All that being said, I'd prefer him to play 70/30 as a forward with his skill set, but it's still important he learns 2 way running for time spent on the wing/in the middle.

Agreed; when you say "he learns 2 way running", we are also talking accountability for your opponent I'd hope! Surprised

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:57 pm

jackcass wrote:
piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Moore looks a ripper, but itd help if we could recruit a realiable mid height forward who can kick straight, should we go for stevie J or adcock for one season ? Idea

Adcock absolutely, a hard-ass runner and goal kicker.
Stick that Johnson up your clacker; we are right for list-clogging, underperforming, self-important egomaniac forwards thanks.

Time to cull a couple actually...

Adcocks performances this year don't even stack up to Blair despite being significantly enhanced by his game yesterday. There's a reason the Bears aren't offering him a new contract.

Stevie J has statistically been among the best HFs in the league this season but I'd say his impact has halved despite that.

Given our relative youth and the dodginess of our conversion up forward,, I'd have no great objection to a Stevie Johnson for a year, depending on what it cost. I htink he could make a serious difference to us.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:58 pm

IF only, if ONLY, we could get those so easy goals, not hard ones, just the sodas, farking hell, its killing us, those misses, week after week after week, we just kick points. For the love of god, ais there any slight, remote chance we could recruit some dead eye kid, who can kick straight ??, thees gotta be some kid out there, darcy moore looks the goods, but he needs help, a reliable goals sneak next to him. But whom ?? Right now, we are like a Shakesperian tragedy, just gut wrenching in front of goals, i now cover my eyes or look away, its gotten that bad. sigh.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:01 pm

Mugwump wrote:
jackcass wrote:
piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Moore looks a ripper, but itd help if we could recruit a realiable mid height forward who can kick straight, should we go for stevie J for one season ? Idea

Stick that Johnson up your clacker; we are right for list-clogging, underperforming, self-important egomaniac forwards thanks....

Given our relative youth and the dodginess of our conversion up forward,, I'd have no great objection to a Stevie Johnson for a year, depending on what it cost. I htink he could make a serious difference to us.

And what would be our expectations of him, from this forum's perspective?
2-3 goals per game or we roast him? Razz

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:02 pm

piedys wrote:
King Monkey wrote:

Agreed; when you say "he learns 2 way running", we are also talking accountability for your opponent I'd hope! Surprised

Accountability IS the second part in "2" way Dyso! Razz

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:05 pm

King Monkey wrote:
piedys wrote:
King Monkey wrote:

Accountability IS the second part in "2" way Dyso! Razz

Oh.... my bad... Embarassed

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:09 pm

piedys wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
jackcass wrote:
piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Moore looks a ripper, but itd help if we could recruit a realiable mid height forward who can kick straight, should we go for stevie J for one season ? Idea

Stick that Johnson up your clacker; we are right for list-clogging, underperforming, self-important egomaniac forwards thanks....

And what would be our expectations of him, from this forum's perspective?
2-3 goals per game or we roast him? Razz

From this forum's perspective, it's probably a Brownlow, a Normie and an Order of Australia or he's toast.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:10 pm

No point in signing Stevie J unless we are very confident of challenging for a flag next year. If we are that confident then I question the competency of the assessors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12   

Jump to: