Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Patrick Karnezis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

If his brother did write that, and If he's smart paddy will put a lid on that pretty quick.

It's a kartrashian post! Just unbelievable that's out there!

Who calls the shots? Bucks was honest with him.
He doesn't get to dictate

Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:23 am

This is the actual conversation between Buckley and PK in August:

NB:
"Paddy K Paddy K, Marcellin man
Bake me a cake as fast as you can
Prick it and pat it and mark it with a "b"
And put it in the oven for Balmey and me"

PK:
"Nah"

NB:
"Okay seeya"

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:55 am

King Monkey wrote:
^Might be the nicest guy on Earth and a solid citizen and all that, and I hoped he would make it as a pie because he is one of us!!
I'd love 22 Collingwood supporters playing for Collingwood every week!

But if what you say happens to be accurate - a professional footballer telling the coach to get fkd when approached about playing in the seniors, because he's been in the two's a few weeks longer than he thought he should have been = Character Fail.

Absolutely this. I know we live in a world where kids are told they are special all the time and that they can do anything as long as they try and all that sort of tripe, so I hope this is not another case of another entitled, self centred twat wanting his own way.

The really disturbing thing in this thread is that there are actually Collingwood supporters who would choose PK over Bucks. Even if there is a modicum of truth in this account of their relationship, it has been told third or fourth hand.

PK didn't get many games at Brisbane; I dare say it was for the same reasons he didn't get games with us. The boy has no endurance and from what I have seen on the track, little enthusiasm for hard work. The romantic in me wanted this to have a happy ending, but one day at Vic Park showed me why it wouldn't.

Last edited by Neil Appleby on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:29 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
^Might be the nicest guy on Earth and a solid citizen and all that, and I hoped he would make it as a pie because he is one of us!!

But if what you say happens to be accurate - a professional footballer telling the coach to get fkd when approached about playing in the seniors, because he's been in the two's a few weeks longer than he thought he should have been = Character Fail.

Absolutely this. I know we live in a world where kids are told they are special all the time and that they can do anything as long as they try and all that sort of tripe, but here is a case of another entitled, self centred twat wanting his own way.

The really disturbing thing in this thread is that there are actually Collingwood supporters who would choose PK over Bucks. Even if there is a modicum of truth in this account of their relationship, it has been told third or fourth hand.

PK didn't get many games at Brisbane; I dare say it was for the same reasons he didn't get games with us. The boy has no endurance and from what I have seen on the track, little enthusiasm for hard work. The romantic in me wanted this to have a happy ending, but one day at Vic Park showed me why it wouldn't.

neil, this is disappointing from someone as respected as you.

why the character assassination when you have scant evidence the information you are basing this on has not been proven to be factually correct? even you suppose it to be 3rd or 4th hand information.

why do posters attack footballers' characters when they do not behave in a way they would like them to when there is no basis for fact? i really don't get that.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:24 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
King Monkey wrote:

Absolutely this. I know we live in a world where kids are told they are special all the time and that they can do anything as long as they try and all that sort of tripe, but here is a case of another entitled, self centred twat wanting his own way.

Very sad if this is actually how things have played out.

Ceglar MkII.

Can't have players dictating terms in this way as not 1 of them is bigger than the club.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:35 am

The story is written by a Carlscum or some low life who tries to stir up Nicksters...or troubles for CFC
Full of BS.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:43 am

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:
The story is written by a Carlscum or some low life who tries to stir up Nicksters...or troubles for CFC
Full of BS.

PK gets lots of support on this forum but outside of Collingwood supporters, he doesn't get much mainstream coverage so it is seems it would only have limited appeal and limited potential to unsettle anyone or anything, whether it's true or not. I'm hoping it's BS and that he sticks it out for another year and pays his dues with great form. I hope he tears it up in the VFL finals.

I don't think Nicksters are choosing PK over Bucks. That's asinine. I think us supporters just want to keep the coach honest and make sure that he's a utilitarian doing what's best for the club and putting his ego aside.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:44 am

Cuthbert Collingwood wrote:
This is the actual conversation between Buckley and PK in August:

NB:
"Paddy K Paddy K, Marcellin man
Bake me a cake as fast as you can
Prick it and pat it and mark it with a "b"
And put it in the oven for Balmey and me"

PK:
"Nah"

NB:
"Okay seeya"

loved that
In particular about the cake for Balmey!!!

derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:10 pm

SwansWay wrote:
MagpiesTheGreat wrote:
Full of BS.

PK gets lots of support on this forum but outside of Collingwood supporters, he doesn't get much mainstream coverage so it is seems it would only have limited appeal and limited potential to unsettle anyone or anything, whether it's true or not. I'm hoping it's BS and that he sticks it out for another year and pays his dues with great form. I hope he tears it up in the VFL finals.

I don't think Nicksters are choosing PK over Bucks. That's asinine. I think us supporters just want to keep the coach honest and make sure that he's a utilitarian doing what's best for the club and putting his ego aside.

The possibility is that the role he (Karnezis) was to fill in the side has been over taken by younger players. I like what he has done on the VFL, but what i don't quite understand is "where" he plays, is he a forward? or is he a Mid?

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:16 pm

SwansWay wrote:
MagpiesTheGreat wrote:
Full of BS.

A number of users are using the PK situation to bash Bucks with little to no justification. Karnezis is just about the only player on our list who hasn't got more than a couple of games this year, so it's not as if the club have not been willing to give new players a go. Karnezis, unfortunately hasn't warranted more opportunity.

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:55 pm

He played a very good game in the elimination final. On the Collingwood website for the VFL match report, it said "Karnezis is simply too good for VFL football." It's written by Collingwood media intern Sam Gastin so I'm not sure if it means anything but certainly big raps for somebody who many think can't make the grade.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:31 pm

But the Nicks who go to VFL games have commented that what is put in the match report pumps players up a bit too much.

Maybe he just another player too good for VFL but not quite not good enough for AFL. Been plenty of them over the years.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:34 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
But the Nicks who go to VFL games have commented that what is put in the match report pumps players up a bit too much.

Maybe he just another player too good for VFL but not quite not good enough for AFL. Been plenty of them over the years.

it's a rock and hard place for the club. they are trying to be transparent and provide greater insight but they are compromised somewhat with what they write. it is probably better not to do a weekly review.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:37 pm

Imho, he's definitely got enough skill and footy smarts to be a very good AFL player. However, I'm not sure he's got the commitment to work hard enough to get super fit, to be able to impose himself on the game. I hoped that he would absolutely work his butt off to get really fit to enable him to play at the level of intensity required at AFL level, but sadly, it appears this was not to be. I still hope there's a chance he stays for one more year and works his butt off over the pre-season, but I sense his time with us is almost over.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:42 pm

It's not necessarily a bad thing JW, good to be positive rather than negative all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: