Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Patrick Karnezis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

TimetoFly wrote:
This is it in a nutshell.

After he was dropped after 2 games as sub & 1 full game, he was told to work on his defensive pressure.

Fair enough he took it on board went back to vfl and lead the tackle count for several weeks. Also kicked goals and and 20+touches.

End of May has another meeting with bucks. Bucks tells him that he is way down the pecking order and has many others in front of him. Tells patty that his opportunities will be unlikely.

Patty then says to bucks that my tackle numbers are up and pressure acts, I did what you asked and still kicking goals, why aren't I getting a look in?

Bucks then says "it is what it is".

Patty kills it in vfl in June & july. Bucks then approaches patty early August and says that there might be an opportunity. Patty tells him to get £$%$ed and says that he won't play another game under bucks. Wants to play vfl and then leave at end of year.

Relationship was broken. they had a final discussion to clear the air. Bucks wanted to play him against tigers. Patty said what's the point I am not going to be here next year, but happy to be traveling emergency.

So basically bucks doesn't rate him & despite exceptional vfl form decided in May that he wasn't part of the clubs future. Very harsh considering his first year at pies was killed by injuries. And after a couple of games his fate was sold.

Bucks telling a player "it is what it is" half way through the year and writing him off is a disgrace. Forget how he acts in media , bucks has no people skills at all. Reason why so many left beams shaw Wellingham Dawes Thomas etc.

Patty didn't crack the sads at lions. They wanted him badly but he wanted to go home. Voss didn't play him knowing he was leaving. Which was poor by voss

Patty didn't crack the sads at pies until he did everything that was asked of him and then told "it is what it is".

His treatment has been nothing short of disgraceful. He will tear it up at another club next year. Hawks blues dogs tigers demons saints all shown interest. He is disillusioned by footy & might be walking away. But I think he will take up an offer at another club. And so he should.!

Hope he shoves it right up bucks!

Well I'd hope the above is exaggerated, but I guess we will know for sure in the coming days/weeks.
And if it proves true: sack the coach. End of story.
Wishfull thinking for the protected species I guess...

Last edited by piedys on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:49 pm

^^I doubt we'll ever get the full story in so much detail. I do prefer fiction to non-fiction though and that was a good read, thanks TtF.
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:51 pm

I can tell you with confidence this is 100% accurate...

Heath shaw spoke up in a leading teams session and had ago at bucks. End of year bucks moved him on.

Beams spoke up & gave bucks feedback they had a blue he was gone

Lumanba spoke up (although he is a nut case) and he was gone

Add Dawes Wellingham Thomas.. Any player that has had issue with bucks he gets rid of them. He doesn't have the people skills to get the best out of all personalities.

But the players he gets along with love him. Problem is a coach should be able to relate to all personalities

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:52 pm

He may not be good enough for AFL level but it would help build the case way or another if given a decent crack at it.

His numbers seemed good enough to warrant selection over the last 11 weeks IMHO.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:55 pm

TimetoFly wrote:
I can tell you with confidence this is 100% accurate...

Heath shaw spoke up in a leading teams session and had ago at bucks. End of year bucks moved him on.

Beams spoke up & gave bucks feedback they had a blue he was gone

Lumanba spoke up (although he is a nut case) and he was gone

Add Dawes Wellingham Thomas.. Any player that has had issue with bucks he gets rid of them. He doesn't have the people skills to get the best out of all personalities.

But the players he gets along with love him. Problem is a coach should be able to relate to all personalities

Not implying I doubt either yourself TTF, or your sources for that matter...
However, if true, Eddie therefore must pull the trigger.
Blind Freddy can see the pattern there...

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:58 pm

I truly hope your info is incorrect or grossly exaggerated ttf. If not, our club is f*cked.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:06 am

TimetoFly wrote:

After he was dropped after 2 games as sub & 1 full game, he was told to work on his defensive pressure.

Fair enough he took it on board went back to vfl and lead the tackle count for several weeks. Also kicked goals and and 20+touches.

End of May has another meeting with bucks. Bucks tells him that he is way down the pecking order and has many others in front of him. Tells patty that his opportunities will be unlikely.

Patty then says to bucks that my tackle numbers are up and pressure acts, I did what you asked and still kicking goals, why aren't I getting a look in?

Patty kills it in vfl in June & july. Bucks then approaches patty early August and says that there might be an opportunity. Patty tells him to get £$%$ed and says that he won't play another game under bucks. Wants to play vfl and then leave at end of year.

Relationship was broken. they had a final discussion to clear the air. Bucks wanted to play him against tigers. Patty said what's the point I am not going to be here next year, but happy to be traveling emergency.

So basically bucks doesn't rate him & despite exceptional vfl form decided in May that he wasn't part of the clubs future. Very harsh considering his first year at pies was killed by injuries. And after a couple of games his fate was sold.

Bucks telling a player "it is what it is" half way through the year and writing him off is a disgrace. Forget how he acts in media , bucks has no people skills at all. Reason why so many left beams shaw Wellingham Dawes Thomas etc.

Patty didn't crack the sads at lions. They wanted him badly but he wanted to go home. Voss didn't play him knowing he was leaving. Which was poor by voss

Patty didn't crack the sads at pies until he did everything that was asked of him and then told "it is what it is".

His treatment has been nothing short of disgraceful. He will tear it up at another club next year. Hawks blues dogs tigers demons saints all shown interest. He is disillusioned by footy & might be walking away. But I think he will take up an offer at another club. And so he should.!

Perhaps Buckley was testing Patty's character by making him go the extra yard until early August.
Character test = Fail.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:09 am

Don't think the club is stuffed. Fact is that we never should of replaced MM with an untried coach.

Happens a lot at clubs I would say that a coach just doesn't rate a player. Like Cripps wasn't rated highly at lions comes to pies and does very well.

My problem with it all is when a coach tells a player to work on something & he does. Then gets told in May that his opportunities are limited after exceptional vfl form.

But to say to a player "it is what it is" and basically writing him off so early in the year just shows poor people skills.

club won't be going anywhere under bucks as coach unless he can work on his people skills and tactical nouse..

Overall sad way to for patty to experience his time at pies. Was a fanatic pie supporter and loved bucks like we all did.

For a patty considering quitting the game all together when there are other offers just shows our much he is hurting from his experience at pies

TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:12 am

King Monkey wrote:
TimetoFly wrote:

Perhaps Buckley was testing Patty's character by making him go the extra yard until early August.
Character test = Fail.

I think performing the way he has in vfl shows that his character is great. You wouldn't find a better kid on any list. Solid citizen

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:24 am

Have I mentioned before that I hate Leading Teams? Twisted Evil
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:24 am

^Might be the nicest guy on Earth and a solid citizen and all that, and I hoped he would make it as a pie because he is one of us!!
I'd love 22 Collingwood supporters playing for Collingwood every week!

But if what you say happens to be accurate - a professional footballer telling the coach to get fkd when approached about playing in the seniors, because he's been in the two's a few weeks longer than he thought he should have been = Character Fail.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:36 am

King Monkey wrote:
^Might be the nicest guy on Earth and a solid citizen and all that, and I hoped he would make it as a pie because he is one of us!!
I'd love 22 Collingwood supporters playing for Collingwood every week!

But if what you say happens to be accurate - a professional footballer telling the coach to get fkd when approached about playing in the seniors, because he's been in the two's a few weeks longer than he thought he should have been = Character Fail.

Being told in early May to work on defensive game and then killing it defensively & offensively in vfl until August in more than a few weeks. We are talking 12 weeks of very very good form. i would understand if he was dropped for 4 weeks then getting a call up and telling the coach to get £$%$ed. But this was 12 weeks later.

12 weeks is solid performances when players like Blair Seedsman fasolo White Goldsack were getting games With poor form is understandable

But I see your point too, however when emotions are high and people are hurt things get said

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:51 am

I guess the simple fact is that often coaches will form a negative view about certain players, and often it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. I'm a mate of Rupert Betheras, and I recall him telling me that he got on well with Malthouse until one day MM just went completely cold on him and stopped talking to him. It was just out of the blue and so sudden, but from that day he knew he was on the outer. His career was over there and then. Shit happens I guess.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:59 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Have I mentioned before that I hate Leading Teams? Twisted Evil

So they are Destroying the Club?

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:00 am

And sometimes a player has an over-inflated sense of their own performance and doesn't hear or doesn't like what he is being told. "I may not be hitting every KPI but I'm kicking goals and laying more tackles, why aren't I in the team?". Well, those other KPIs are being hit by other players.

I think it's clear that Karnezis had a lot to work on and was largely in competition with Fasolo for a spot. Fas has had a good season and made it difficult for Karnezis, who has struggled to force his way in and performed poorly when given a chance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: