Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Patrick Karnezis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Beanie wrote:
It's not necessarily a bad thing JW, good to be positive rather than negative all the time.

I'd much rather people write it as it is rather than being too optimistic or pessimistic in their assessments. Reality is a great feature in making good assessments.

The AFL umpires are your classic example of those who are assessed by people with rose coloured glasses on. They become a pandered, protected species who still continue to make mistake after mistake without any retribution or consequence, hence the very poor standard of umpiring we have at present. Rolling Eyes

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:56 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Imho, he's definitely got enough skill and footy smarts to be a very good AFL player. However, I'm not sure he's got the commitment to work hard enough to get super fit, to be able to impose himself on the game. I hoped that he would absolutely work his butt off to get really fit to enable him to play at the level of intensity required at AFL level, but sadly, it appears this was not to be. I still hope there's a chance he stays for one more year and works his butt off over the pre-season, but I sense his time with us is almost over.

Yeah, this. Although I'm yet to be convinced that these rumours are any more than that. Time will tell.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:09 pm

John Wren wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
^Might be the nicest guy on Earth and a solid citizen and all that, and I hoped he would make it as a pie because he is one of us!!
I'd love 22 Collingwood supporters playing for Collingwood every week!

But if what you say happens to be accurate - a professional footballer telling the coach to get fkd when approached about playing in the seniors, because he's been in the two's a few weeks longer than he thought he should have been = Character Fail.

Absolutely this. I know we live in a world where kids are told they are special all the time and that they can do anything as long as they try and all that sort of tripe, but here is a case of another entitled, self centred twat wanting his own way.

The really disturbing thing in this thread is that there are actually Collingwood supporters who would choose PK over Bucks. Even if there is a modicum of truth in this account of their relationship, it has been told third or fourth hand.

PK didn't get many games at Brisbane; I dare say it was for the same reasons he didn't get games with us. The boy has no endurance and from what I have seen on the track, little enthusiasm for hard work. The romantic in me wanted this to have a happy ending, but one day at Vic Park showed me why it wouldn't.

Neil, this is disappointing from someone as respected as you.

why the character assassination when you have scant evidence the information you are basing this on has not been proven to be factually correct? even you suppose it to be 3rd or 4th hand information.

why do posters attack footballers' characters when they do not behave in a way they would like them to when there is no basis for fact? i really don't get that.

You're right of course. The dog had just peed all over the bed so I was in a dark mood this morning. No excuses though, I don't know PK and shouldn't have maligned his character in a public forum. I am suitably chastised JW. I have edited that post to better reflect my feelings.

I hope PK does get another season to be perfectly frank; good users of the ball shouldn't be so easily discarded.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:32 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
King Monkey wrote:
^Might be the nicest guy on Earth and a solid citizen and all that, and I hoped he would make it as a pie because he is one of us!!

But if what you say happens to be accurate - a professional footballer telling the coach to get fkd when approached about playing in the seniors, because he's been in the two's a few weeks longer than he thought he should have been = Character Fail.

Absolutely this. I know we live in a world where kids are told they are special all the time and that they can do anything as long as they try and all that sort of tripe, but here is a case of another entitled, self centred twat wanting his own way.

The really disturbing thing in this thread is that there are actually Collingwood supporters who would choose PK over Bucks. Even if there is a modicum of truth in this account of their relationship, it has been told third or fourth hand.

PK didn't get many games at Brisbane; I dare say it was for the same reasons he didn't get games with us. The boy has no endurance and from what I have seen on the track, little enthusiasm for hard work. The romantic in me wanted this to have a happy ending, but one day at Vic Park showed me why it wouldn't.

why the character assassination when you have scant evidence the information you are basing this on has not been proven to be factually correct? even you suppose it to be 3rd or 4th hand information.

why do posters attack footballers' characters when they do not behave in a way they would like them to when there is no basis for fact? i really don't get that.

You're right of course. The dog had just peed all over the bed so I was in a dark mood this morning. No excuses though, I don't know PK and shouldn't have maligned his character in a public forum. I am suitably chastised JW. I have edited that post to better reflect my feelings.

I hope PK does get another season to be perfectly frank; good users of the ball shouldn't be so easily discarded.

Don't be too hard on yourself Neil. I did the same thing with Scharenberg, though I don't know him either. Barracking for the Pies, is an emotional journey, and for those of us who truly love the black and white, it's very hard so keep those emotions in check when publicly commenting on all things Collingwood.

The truth is, we all post on Nicks because we want to express our feelings and emotions concerning our club. In doing that, we are bound to over step the mark now and again. That's life.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:54 pm

jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Imho, he's definitely got enough skill and footy smarts to be a very good AFL player. However, I'm not sure he's got the commitment to work hard enough to get super fit, to be able to impose himself on the game. I hoped that he would absolutely work his butt off to get really fit to enable him to play at the level of intensity required at AFL level, but sadly, it appears this was not to be. I still hope there's a chance he stays for one more year and works his butt off over the pre-season, but I sense his time with us is almost over.

Yeah, this. Although I'm yet to be convinced that these rumours are any more than that. Time will tell.

Agree. He can definitely play. It's hard to discern attitude from a distance, a laconic personality can be mistaken for lack of effort, but the things that struck me is he seems to put his effort in in bursts. He doesn't seem to be a 1%er player. Fasolo effectively has his spot IMO and unless PK lifts his work rate he ain't getting it off Fas any time soon.

4everpies 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:29 pm

TimetoFly wrote:
This is it in a nutshell.

After he was dropped after 2 games as sub & 1 full game, he was told to work on his defensive pressure.

Fair enough he took it on board went back to vfl and lead the tackle count for several weeks. Also kicked goals and and 20+touches.

End of May has another meeting with bucks. Bucks tells him that he is way down the pecking order and has many others in front of him. Tells patty that his opportunities will be unlikely.

Patty then says to bucks that my tackle numbers are up and pressure acts, I did what you asked and still kicking goals, why aren't I getting a look in?

Bucks then says "it is what it is".

Patty kills it in vfl in June & july. Bucks then approaches patty early August and says that there might be an opportunity. Patty tells him to get Ł$%$ed and says that he won't play another game under bucks. Wants to play vfl and then leave at end of year.

Relationship was broken. they had a final discussion to clear the air. Bucks wanted to play him against tigers. Patty said what's the point I am not going to be here next year, but happy to be traveling emergency.

So basically bucks doesn't rate him & despite exceptional vfl form decided in May that he wasn't part of the clubs future. Very harsh considering his first year at pies was killed by injuries. And after a couple of games his fate was sold.

Bucks telling a player "it is what it is" half way through the year and writing him off is a disgrace. Forget how he acts in media , bucks has no people skills at all. Reason why so many left beams shaw Wellingham Dawes Thomas etc.

Patty didn't crack the sads at lions. They wanted him badly but he wanted to go home. Voss didn't play him knowing he was leaving. Which was poor by voss

Patty didn't crack the sads at pies until he did everything that was asked of him and then told "it is what it is".

His treatment has been nothing short of disgraceful. He will tear it up at another club next year. Hawks blues dogs tigers demons saints all shown interest. He is disillusioned by footy & might be walking away. But I think he will take up an offer at another club. And so he should.!

Hope he shoves it right up bucks!

TTF, weren't you the one who insisted constantly that Cloke had signed with Carlton halfway through the year he was negotiating his last contract?

If so, your track record is not too good with inside info. Laughing
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Oops. Too much data.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:43 pm

Cuthbert Collingwood wrote:
This is the actual conversation between Buckley and PK in August:

NB:
"Paddy K Paddy K, Marcellin man
Bake me a cake as fast as you can
Prick it and pat it and mark it with a "b"
And put it in the oven for Balmey and me"

Or this sordid cautionary tale:

"Rudeboy, Rudeboy, University man
Eat these dim sims as fast as you can
Chew 'em and scoff 'em so effortlessly
And try to leave some for Cuthby and me"

apologies to Lord Cuthbert...

Dyso

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:35 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
King Monkey wrote:

Don't be too hard on yourself Neil. I did the same thing with Scharenberg, though I don't know him either. Barracking for the Pies, is an emotional journey, and for those of us who truly love the black and white, it's very hard so keep those emotions in check when publicly commenting on all things Collingwood.

The truth is, we all post on Nicks because we want to express our feelings and emotions concerning our club. In doing that, we are bound to over step the mark now and again. That's life.

Thanks Rudey. Not all opinions are acceptable of course (I'm sure our mods team would agree).

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:52 pm

Is this the same source that told you Cloke had definitely signed with the blews? Laughing btw, where's that round of drinks you promised buy everyone if you were wrong? Rolling Eyes
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:55 pm

piedys wrote:
Cuthbert Collingwood wrote:
This is the actual conversation between Buckley and PK in August:

NB:
"Paddy K Paddy K, Marcellin man
Bake me a cake as fast as you can
Prick it and pat it and mark it with a "b"
And put it in the oven for Balmey and me"

Or this sordid cautionary tale:

"Rudeboy, Rudeboy, University man
Eat these dim sims as fast as you can
Chew 'em and scoff 'em so effortlessly
And try to leave some for Cuthby and me"

apologies to Lord Cuthbert...

Dyso

Laughing Cool
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:01 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Is this the same source that told you Cloke had definitely signed with the blews? Laughing btw, where's that round of drinks you promised buy everyone if you were wrong? Rolling Eyes

Disagree. You forgot to put when TTF was wrong again about what is happening at Collingwood.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: