Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Patrick Karnezis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:39 am
Post subject: Patrick KarnezisReply with quote

Why does Bucks refuse to give him a game??? Especially now when we have nothing but pride to play for??
inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

he has too much X factor and flair! I am a Bucks man but I believe it's not right to deny elevating a player whose VFL form has been indisputable. Sets a bad precedent.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:53 am

This is beginning to seem like a personal issue that the coach has with PK. Us fans never even got to see him have a real chance. If he does go after playing three senior games, it just makes the club look stupid for doing all those CTV stories on him.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:56 am

A bit of an insult that Goodyear is named ahead of PK too.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:56 am

Any of you actually watch the VFL?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:57 am

No I don't think there are any.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:58 am

SwansWay wrote:
A bit of an insult that Goodyear is named ahead of PK too.

No, it isn't. Goodyear looked likely for a callup.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:02 pm

I've been disappointed that PK hasn't been given more games, especially after ripping it up in the VFL as a midfielder. All I can assume is that there were aspects of his game which the coaches did not like. So, I think he's been hard done by, but to be fair, he looked very ordinary and lacking in intensity in the 3 senior games he did play. Remember, there has been a long list of great VFL players who just don't quite measure up to AFL footy. Sadly, it's looking like PK may be one of those.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:18 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I've been disappointed that PK hasn't been given more games, especially after ripping it up in the VFL as a midfielder. All I can assume is that there were aspects of his game which the coaches did not like. So, I think he's been hard done by, but to be fair, he looked very ordinary and lacking in intensity in the 3 senior games he did play. Remember, there has been a long list of great VFL players who just don't quite measure up to AFL footy. Sadly, it's looking like PK may be one of those.

I hate these posts. How CAN he rip it up when he is a sub twice and 1 full game only! What a dud sample size for you and the coach to base an opinion on. Toovey and Blair have arguably had 100 plus matches to indicate their mediocrity!

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:23 pm

Not good enough, really. It's funny that even when there are only one or two players on our whole list not getting games (though both PK ad BenKen did have their chance), we still find something to complain about.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Why is PK gawwwwnnnnn????
Because he can kick!!!

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:26 pm

inxs88 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I hate these posts. How CAN he rip it up when he is a sub twice and 1 full game only! What a dud sample size for you and the coach to base an opinion on. Toovey and Blair have arguably had 100 plus matches to indicate their mediocrity!

Thank you!! "In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:32 pm

inxs88 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

And so all of the training sessions and VFL games mean nothing? The coaches and selectors know their players. Obviously they don't think Karnezis has earned a spot in the team. They gave him the chance they felt he deserved and he didn't take it.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:34 pm

inxs88 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Take a breath and actually read my post. I said he's been hard done by and I think he deserved more games, especially in light of his terrific VFL form. For you information, I'm a Karnezis fan. However, all I then did was try to understand what may have been the thinking of the coaches, who after all, know a lot more about these players than us.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:37 pm

We better hope he doesn't land at another club, get adequate opportunity and become a good senior level player.

His VFL form in the second half of the season would appear his strongest whilst at the club and looking at the stat sheets he was regularly winning a good amount of contested ball and laying tackles which is an area I'm sure he was told to improve in.

Yet he still wasn't awarded with a call up despite our losing form, being named an emergency on a few occasions.

I think DTM is right with his mail that Karnezis told the club to stick it sometime back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8   

Jump to: