Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A Collingwood fan's solution to last round tanking.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:46 pm
Post subject: A Collingwood fan's solution to last round tanking.Reply with quote

Last round: 1 plays 2 from the previous season-3 plays 4 and so on, double points for last round.

Thoughts?

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Money talks.

Teams should get bonuses for winning. Or money could be allocated according to final ladder position.
Ian Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:12 pm

Move the bye week to the last round - every team gets a break.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:43 pm

^^This is the one that would work.

A bit of extra money isn't going to make teams reduce their chances of a Premiership. Double points is just silly.

I actually don't think resting players is an issue (certainly not in the case of Freo). But if we think it is, a week off before the finals would fix it. No one will want to give their players two weeks off.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:58 pm

Good thinking inky.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:56 pm

Double points is a great idea, it's so great it makes other great ideas seem not great.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:29 pm

Prize money for finishing 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc at the end of the home and away season. A more significant trophy than just the McCelland trophy for finishing 1st at the end of the home and away. A relegation system for the bottom two teams at the end of the home and away.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:32 pm

Go on.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:07 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Prize money for finishing 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc at the end of the home and away season. A more significant trophy than just the McCelland trophy for finishing 1st at the end of the home and away. A relegation system for the bottom two teams at the end of the home and away.

Freo resting players won't affect their ladder position irrespective of how badly they get flogged.

I don't have an issue with teams resting players. The comp is becoming more even at the top end I think you'll see less of it as there may well be ramifications to ladder positions.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:54 pm

jackcass wrote:
Freo resting players won't affect their ladder position irrespective of how badly they get flogged.

I don't have an issue with teams resting players. The comp is becoming more even at the top end I think you'll see less of it as there may well be ramifications to ladder positions.

J, nor do I.
I think it was a fluke that the 2015 final eight teams positions were settled prior to the completion of the final round, in relation to home finals.
North fell into 8th spot with a couple of unlikely wins, and an MCG final against a Victorian based team finishing 5th.
I expect a tighter log-jam for spots 5-8 in 2016, from the sides fighting 9-12. Those 7-8 spots should come down to percentage, with many teams finishing on the same number of wins.

I don't expect the #1 team in 2016 to be a game clear on top, from 2nd.

But I say this every year, and it never ceases to amaze me how some teams unexpectedly fall away each season....

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:58 pm

Brisvegas sure as hell never tanked, they hit the dogs with everything, relentless, stuff the no. i pick.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:32 pm

piedys wrote:
jackcass wrote:

J, nor do I.
I think it was a fluke that the 2015 final eight teams positions were settled prior to the completion of the final round, in relation to home finals.
North fell into 8th spot with a couple of unlikely wins, and an MCG final against a Victorian based team finishing 5th.
I expect a tighter log-jam for spots 5-8 in 2016, from the sides fighting 9-12. Those 7-8 spots should come down to percentage, with many teams finishing on the same number of wins.

But I say this every year, and it never ceases to amaze me how some teams unexpectedly fall away each season....

Yeah, baffling isn't it but on face value you'd assume at a minimum the current 8 and Port, GWS, GCS, and ourselves will all be seriously chasing finals. And who knows if the Cats and or Bumbers can rebound or if a team like StKilda will have a Doggies like year.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:36 pm

piedys wrote:
jackcass wrote:

J, nor do I.

you only have to look at the fixturing for the last two rounds to get a glimpse of what the afl thought would happen. didn't quite pan out that way for them.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:45 pm

My solution is to leave leave the friggin game alone!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

This time next week no one's gonna give a toss about this round.

We don't have to change the game every time it isn't perfect.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:50 pm

Give the number 1 draft pick to 9th, 2nd to 10 etc. Similarly 8th (after HA) gets 18, 7th gets 17th etc. 2nd and 3rd round etc picks revert to current system. Carlton would get picks 18 and 19. Every side has an opportunity to improve their picks by winning. Wouldn't stop the Freo rort but North would be trying a lot harder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: