Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Holidays & Travel

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Actually Bacchus Marsh is the hottest place in Victoria because it is always close to Melton.......... Twisted Evil Razz Laughing

Laughing See everyone's getting their Dad jokes warmed up for Father's Day.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:13 pm

So with the end of 2015 rapidly approaching it is time to plan and organise the 2016 holiday - yay - I love the planning Cool

Cape Town for a couple of days to go back to Drakenstein to see the fur kids again and the newly adopted Leonidas ( my very fav place in the world)

Then we are thinking fly to Botswana hire a camper for a couple of weeks - travel up through Botswana to the Caprivi strip and then across and down to Khoarib and if we can a couple of nights in Etosha.

Cape Town and Namibia we are pretty familiar with - anyone had any experience driving or travelling through Botswana??? Tips suggestions very welcome Very Happy

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:46 pm

Tell hubby to watch out for black BMW's in Sth Africa.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/247848/man-jacked-off-at-gunpoint-by-three-women-who-wanted-semen/

Razz

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:59 pm

Laughing he just fell off his chair !!!

He didn't find it appealing - I told him it would probably be the only time I would accept a few seconds Wink Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:53 am

Ewwwww

Friend sent a link yesterday for a four day cruise to Eden for labour day weekend, booked it! Ocean view $120 a day, too easy!

Should finish the tax shit today (well til the accountant sends me a list of stuff I need to add or fix), handed over the title to the house yesterday, settlement is in 10 days, want to get that all done too, cos no hope I'll remember any of it by next July.

The. I can start looking at a couple of weeks volunteering at the home of Morrigu's new lion, if junior still wants to go with me, and finally, a long awaited trip to New York, Niagara Falls, and Noah's ark.

God I need a holiday!

Last edited by think positive on Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 am

^A great spot for the summer hols. Do you say an actual cruise to Eden, or around Eden? It's an evil road to drive - once did it in the pouring rain at 2am one night and swore I was going to die.

Great fishin' too - rocks or standing in the water on the beach.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:27 am

Tannin wrote:
The Little Desert is a great place, Dangles, but it's not actually a desert. It gets the same rainfall as all of the surrounding wheat growing country - places like Horsham for example. Most of western Victoria is ancient sea bottom. The Little Desert is an area where the currents and winds (as the sea dried out) happened to produce especially sandy soil. (It's well to the west and bordering on the South Australian limestone country - hence the pure white sand. Compare with the red, orange and brown sands further east and north.) So, although it gets the same rainfall, it has different vegetation structure because of the very low soil fertility. It's no good for cropping and it looks a bit like a desert, hence the name. Round about right now is the time to be there: the wildflowers are brilliant!

Sadly, no Little Desert wildflowers on this page. I really must attend to that! http://tannin.net.au/browsestate.php?state=1&substate=2

Summary: lovely place, but not an actual desert. For desert in Victoria, look further north. Depending on how remote you want to go (4DW only for much of it), the Sunset Country is great. And huge!. Wyperfeld is justly famous - you can work your way down the remains of the ancient dying Wimmera River system - and Hattah provides a wonderful contrasting mix of Murray River floodplain and semi-desert dunes side by side. Mungo (further north in NSW) is another good one.

Man, Tannin.net is a site i didn't know about but have bookmarked. Some incredibly beautiful reminders of home. Really nice work.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:54 am

pietillidie wrote:
^A great spot for the summer hols. Do you say an actual cruise to Eden, or around Eden? It's an evil road to drive - once did it in the pouring rain at 2am one night and swore I was going to die.

Great fishin' too - rocks or standing in the water on the beach.

Ship leaves from port Melbourne, cruise over night and next day, then you have a day in Eden, 8am til 5pm, and then back home.

Just a weekender, nice break, a friend has a heap of friends going, not sure how many I know, but don't care! Always good to make new friends, meet people, plenty of room on a ship!

I know the pouring rain in the dark in the middle of nowhere road only to well! Didn't think we were going to make it to Yosemite a week after the 2010 grand final, OMG it was scary. Hubby was driving, a family in the car behind following us, right on our bumper, no streetlights, bendy road up a mountain, couldn't see further than a murky metre in front of the car, I was directing by Navman. I felt like a rally car navigator! We went over a rise, came down into a valley, and there it was, a motel light off to the right, not unlike the bates hotel! Didn't care, the rain was scarier than an axe murderer!

Hubby and the other dad went off to find food for the kids (it was 9pm, had not eaten since lunch, so we were all starving) they didn't come back, so I climbed into the breakfast room through a hutch, and we all ate cereal and toast! They finally rolled down the hallway at 1am. They didn't find a maccas or a fish and chip shop, just a bar! The waitress said, "I'm playing pool, pull yourself a drink and leave the money on the counter"! So they did. Many times it would seem.

Last edited by think positive on Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:55 am

I could say an actual cruise to Eden or Eden .
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:37 pm

We will have to try and coordinate Jo as we are planning on visiting the boys next year - we could show you around the Cape Cool

Hmmmm found a few tips and experiences elsewhere - self driving in Botswana does not seem to be highly recommended - don't want to do a tour - oh well I reckon we suck it and see hubby is an experienced 4WD driver - what could go wrong Shocked Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:50 pm

Morrigu wrote:
We will have to try and coordinate Jo as we are planning on visiting the boys next year - we could show you around the Cape Cool

Hmmmm found a few tips and experiences elsewhere - self driving in Botswana does not seem to be highly recommended - don't want to do a tour - oh well I reckon we suck it and see hubby is an experienced 4WD driver - what could go wrong Shocked Razz

Um, a lot, be careful please!

(That would be neat!)

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:19 pm

Friend getting married in Hawaii in September, then cruising home, I've booked the week in Hawaii for the wedding, but I'll skip the cruise, because, well, um, just in case, we um,

nope can't jinx us!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:21 pm

Is that your final answer?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:39 pm

think positive wrote:
Friend getting married in Hawaii in September, then cruising home, I've booked the week in Hawaii for the wedding, but I'll skip the cruise, because, well, um, just in case, we um,

nope can't jinx us!

Laughing GF is in October in 2016 Jo so you'll be right!!

We have come to the realisation that with the kitchen Reno Botswana is not doable next year Crying or Very sad so are going to Tonga to see the whales instead - sure that will be cool!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:14 pm

Tonga will still be great! Awesome

Next week getting to work on my big July trip! Got a corcular route in mind now, just got to match dates tours etc! Can't wait to get planning, cheers xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: