Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A major Collingwood sponsor is accused of 7-11 wage fraud

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:08 pm
Post subject: A major Collingwood sponsor is accused of 7-11 wage fraudReply with quote

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-03/united-petroleum-franchisees-complain-of-wage-abuse/6745240

To be fair the franchise owners deny the claim.

Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No-one cares, wpt.. Put this in VPT, where it belongs. Wink
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:49 pm

Good article!
Personally, I think it is down to the franchisee holders (with a nod and wink from head office) but we should wait for more information before deciding if these companies are ethical enough to be associated with the club.

One of the comments summed it up for me.

Quote:
This is one of those "I told you so" moments isn't it. The 457 visa and allowing temporary workers into Australia was always going to come down to Workers being paid under award rates.
We have brought this on ourselves. We allowed cheap labor to come into Australia and major companies are exploiting them to the max. Unfortunately some of the locals are getting caught up in it and are being grossly underpaid like their blow in migrant co workers. The temporary Aussies are not going to complain, so it is left up to the Aussie employees to do the dirty but necessary work.
Now we have the government and others screaming that we need the Chinese FTA, we ain't learning a damned thing are we??? Look out for Chinese workers and underpaid, unskilled workers all over the place and the government will blame it on the companies that exploit it. NO, it's down to the government controlling its under planned ideas.

It makes a mockery of the crocodile tears shed by Bishop, Abbott etc about the $ supposedly "stolen" from ordinary workers by those oh so corrupt unions!
All while business plunders their wages and the Gum-nut raises the GST to pay for tax cuts for "bracket creeps"!
It's not a good time to be a worker!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:58 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Hey, I care & you care. We care. It's here because it's not a left / right issue or a party political issue but an issue that directly asks the question where do we (Collingwood) get our money from? Wink Very Happy

I've long complained about poker machines & the club. The club does great stuff (under Ed) with respect to magpie Nest etc & a lot of other fantastic work too.

However, I'm still critical of the clubs (all clubs for that matter) relationship with gambling & booze.

Pokies because they're not located in Toorak or Canterbury but in Melton & Corio etc. cause too much social devastation. It's a perverse relationship that we make money out of others misfortune then put some of it back & bask in its glory.

In the same way, our corporate partners & sponsors etc need to be ethical. If it is found that this company has set up a business model that invites franchise owners or provides no other realistic alternative than for franchise owners to exploit workers & pay them low wages or illegal under award wages then we all ought to question why does our club allow "our" brand to be associated with exploitation & unethical business practice.

Yours truly, Saint WPT Wink

Anyways, now that the Knights of Abbottsford are too busy raising children, paying taxes, getting fatter & greyer we need to take this on Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:13 pm

It's buckleys fault
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:13 pm

Sorry, I meant blair
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:30 pm

think positive wrote:
Sorry, I meant blair

Tony Blair Shocked

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:10 pm

United Petroleum to "fully cooperate" with a Senate Enquiry:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-03/united-to-face-senate-inquiry-over-claims-of-wage-abuse/6747928

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:53 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

agree. not footy related per se.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:50 am

JW, that was a little joke for wpt because the thread was moved into VPT from here yesterday and then back out to GD a little later, after wpt pointed out that it was about Collingwood.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:19 pm

I'm not sure if the franchises are actually involved with Collingwood at all. Here's why. When I heard about the United 4c discount card earlier this year, I checked out my local United stations. In Fairfield they were all 'franchise' stations and so not involved in the promotion for members. Still, head-office- run stations may also be exploiting workers. Nice to see that young lady worker at G'rilld take em to court and not only expose their dodgy pay rates, but beat em. And those people who assisted her along the way are called unionists.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:29 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
JW, that was a little joke for wpt because the thread was moved into VPT from here yesterday and then back out to GD a little later, after wpt pointed out that it was about Collingwood.

joke it may have been but it is still clogging up the board.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:49 pm

John Wren wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

joke it may have been but it is still clogging up the board.

Opinions are like..opinions, well all have them. It's directly Collingwood related.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: