Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Bombers - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd degree wrote:
So where does Mantiet fit in all this?

on the rookie list

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:15 pm

If Cloke has any sort of soft tissue complaint rest him no need in harming his preseason.
Last week showed we can kick a score without him so no need to rush him back for a game that the only thing up for grabs is 4 points and bragging rights.
The dopers mind will be on getting this over and done with can't see them coming out firing to much maybe for the first hour but they will turn it up as usual afte that.
Sinclair is an obvious out so give a game to who ever we want to audition for next season.
Crisp to Heppell Greenwood to Goddard DeGoey on Stanton that shuts down there only decent players.
Be interested if Carlise goes back onto Moore he got found out last week so Moore's athletic ability and running could hurt him bad.
I would play Elliott as our deep forward if White goes forward Hurley will go to him so getting Hurley away from goal gives Elliott and Fasalo some extra room.
Must keep Sidey out of the congestion on the outside and use his offensive skills like last week get him running forward
An observation from last week I think the players went in with w different mindset meaning they played with offensive desire more so the our usual defensive mindset
Players took the game on more and we're happy to run and carry more and we went up the lines then switched inside were we seemed to have runners all the time
I'm guessing we will go hard at it again give the players some confidence for 2016
Pies by plenty
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:25 pm

The reason we smashed Geelong was the absiolute domination of our midfield combined with high precision field kicking, a rarity for us. Yet the awesome display that we witnessed last Friday night proves that our team is capable of Hawthorn like laser accuracy in field kicking. Perhaps the lifting of the mental shackles has liberated the genie. Over the next preseason, our main aim must be to practise and practise our field kicking, so that we can reproduce such performances on a regular basis.
We have lost Swan and Sinclair for this weekend's game, with Cloke almost certainly not going to play. Naturally the only changes will be replacements for Swan and Sinclair. I would select Karnezis as a replacement for Sinclair, an extra rotation through the midfield and also a forward presence. I would also select Ben Kennedy, as a replacement for Swan (which Karnesis is also, to a certain extent). If we can reproduce field kicking accuracy anything like the Geelong game, and our midfield retains that form, we will win easily.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Out Swan, Sinclair, Cloke
In Kennedy, Toovey, PK
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:55 pm

I imagine there will be players at Essendon playing for their futures against us and that might give them incentive to play well. Matthew Egan has being doing a good job coaching them but would be at long odds to coach the side next year. We on the other hand have a stable side who don't have much to play for, other than fly the flag against a traditional enemy. So it's really hard to say how we are going to play. If we lose, no big deal as we probably gain a place in the draft pecking order in the race to secure Treloar. I imagine, some of our players are fatigued and just want the season to end. It will be a challenge for Buckley to lift the players up to the contest because I don't think Essendon are going to lie down against us.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:58 pm

That is only what you think.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:28 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I imagine there will be players at Essendon playing for their futures against us and that might give them incentive to play well. Matthew Egan has being doing a good job coaching them but would be at long odds to coach the side next year. We on the other hand have a stable side who don't have much to play for, other than fly the flag against a traditional enemy. So it's really hard to say how we are going to play. If we lose, no big deal as we probably gain a place in the draft pecking order in the race to secure Treloar. I imagine, some of our players are fatigued and just want the season to end. It will be a challenge for Buckley to lift the players up to the contest because I don't think Essendon are going to lie down against us.

Many of their futures will be determined in a court room later this year and early next year. What they do in potentially their last AFL game will have no influence on the outcome.

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:36 pm

Pies to win by 12 goals.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:55 pm

Both sides are shit, God knows what they will dish up come Sunday arvo. One positive though, thank fk it's the last round & we can finally put 2015 to bed!

It's been a long dark & cold Winter & I'm finally glad Spring has finally sprung & the warmer weather is upon us...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:21 pm

mattys123′s Match Preview Round 23 – Collingwood vs Essendon is up on the site

http://www.magpies.net/nick/?p=1660

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:35 pm

Nothing less than a 20 goal victory can be tolerated. Further more if any doper player can walk after the game there must be an inquiry.
If we don't win by 20 goals heads must roll starting from the top.
Eddie, Buckley, Pert all must fall on there swords immediately after the game.
There is no room for anything else
We must have hysterical reaction at all costs regardless of the result after all this is our last game and all those doom sayers won't have a chance again until trade period then the preseason.
I call for a storming of the Holden centre with fire lit torches in hand protesting anything that comes to mind no matter how illogical it may seem.
Let's ready ourself for a absolute melt down of logic

Oh btw pies by 50+
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:38 pm

Good name for for a storming of the Holden centre with fire lit torches in hand protesting anything that comes to mind no matter how illogical it may seem.
Prynny_22 Sagittarius

Out of Nicks BB Retirement

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:20 pm

Collingwood v Essendon;
Toovey, Witts, Oxley, Kennedy, Seedsman, Goodyear
For
Swan, Sinclair, Williams.

Pears, Browne, Kavanagh, Edwards, Steinberg, Ashby, Langford
for
Chapman, Dempsey, Hibberd, O’Brien.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:25 pm

I am Shocked Goodyear has been Named.

Had 2 Good Games but Not AFL Ready

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:37 pm

Why is Williams out?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: