Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Bombers - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
Looking at the other games I think we'll finish 12th win or lose E.

Smash these clowns by 15 goals😈

Yep, even if it costs us a higher draft pick, these ex-hird-turds must be smashed on principle alone.
Expect them to contest us for three quarters, before trailing off in the final term to secure a top-4 pick themselves...

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:38 pm

COME on selectors, bring in the BIG UNIT YANK, DONT let Saint vomit have it all their own way on this, time to unleasy the Yankee beast. ! Exclamation Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:18 pm

3rd degree wrote:
So where does Mantiet fit in all this?

A B cup.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:18 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
COME on selectors, bring in the BIG UNIT YANK, DONT let Saint vomit have it all their own way on this, time to unleasy the Yankee beast. ! Exclamation Idea

He can't be elevated to the senior list now.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:53 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
If we win this month we may improve our position on last year so at least we can say we are going in the right direction.
Hopefully we give the dopers a good touch up. If WADA have their way there will be more than one player playing their last game.

Agree. If we win we'll at least finish with the same wins and loses as last year.

Of the three teams above us Port play Freo, Geelong play Adelaide and the GWS play Melbourne. If we win we'll jump any one of those three who lose.

So we could finish anywhere from 9th to 12th. Last year we finished 11th. Funnily enough I think Port are the only certainties to win because Freo have already signaled that they're going to play a second string team. The two other games could go either way but my guess is Port and the GWS will win and Adelaide v Geelong will depend on how Adelaide want to approach the game.

Can't believe the home and away season is almost over. Where has this year gone? Confused
MAGPIEAVENGER 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:07 pm

I would like see the absolute strongest side selected for our final match for the year. Also the team should aim to absolutely smash them in the first quarter. Pretty much what we did last Friday. I want to see no mercy given at all. Finish the season on an absolute high.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:27 pm

Dangles wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
If we win this month we may improve our position on last year so at least we can say we are going in the right direction.
Hopefully we give the dopers a good touch up. If WADA have their way there will be more than one player playing their last game.

Agree. If we win we'll at least finish with the same wins and loses as last year.

Of the three teams above us Port play Freo, Geelong play Adelaide and the GWS play Melbourne. If we win we'll jump any one of those three who lose.

So we could finish anywhere from 9th to 12th. Last year we finished 11th. Funnily enough I think Port are the only certainties to win because Freo have already signaled that they're going to play a second string team. The two other games could go either way but my guess is Port and the GWS will win and Adelaide v Geelong will depend on how Adelaide want to approach the game.

Can't believe the home and away season is almost over. Where has this year gone? Confused

I have a feeling Port will beat Fremantle especially with the Dockers planning to rest players in the lead up to finals. GWS should take care of Melbourne especially at Etihad where Melbourne hasn't won a game there since 2007 but I think Adelaide will beat Geelong at Kardinia Park unless the Cats decide to go out with a bang with a few of their veterans near the end now.

So in that case I predict we'll finish 11th on the basis that we win this week, otherwise it's a 12th place finish if we lose. It's not disastrous either way but I'd like to see us beat Essendon and end the season on a high heading into the off-season and into 2016.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:50 pm

swoop42 wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
So where does Mantiet fit in all this?

A B cup.

Can't be elevated so can't play seniors. Same as Cox.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:53 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Gee, I'm surprised nobody has picked that up before now and brought it to the attention of fellow posters.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:56 pm

At least 10 goals its the dopers we are playing
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:25 pm

Jezza wrote:
Not sure that Cloke will be fit and wouldn't the club be better off just to get him fit for next year rather than him risking injury again or aggravating a pre-existing injury as the late withdrawal on Friday seems to suggest.

I'd forgotten about Oxley but I think he'd be a great replacement for Sinclair actually.

I woudl not play him if he is injured, but Bucks said he shoudl be ok to go, and my interest in playing him would be that we should experiment with his positioning. Last week showed us that we may actually be a better and less predictable side without him at FF. So it'd be good to explore a few options in this dead rubber. High CHF ? CHB ? If he gets injured with a soft tissue he's got about 12 weeks to recover before pre-season.

I love the idea of Cloke playing high CHF and receiving passes from Pendlebury Reid and Maynard off half-back. It might spend a lot of time in our F50....

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:10 am

Cloke playing deep is too predictable for opposition defenders and isn't benefiting the side whatsoever so I think he'd be better off playing CHF for sure.

I remember at the start of the year there was an emphasis from Buckley and the coaching panel to play him up the ground rather than leaving him deep forward where the delivery of the ball is poor and he's constantly penalised by umpires for outmuscling his opponents in a one-on-one contest.

I'm not saying we shouldn't play Travis at FF from time to time but he needs more variety in his game.

I've never considered him to play CHB but it would be worth looking at especially when Darcy Moore begins to improve as a forward target and puts on more muscle weight in the gym. I do believe though that we need another tall forward down there hence I've been surprised by our lack of interest in someone like Charlie Dixon but I suppose our attention has been focused on obtaining Treloar and Aish first and foremost.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:55 am

I think there's a little concern about trying to build a long-term game strategy around a guy who is easily injured and, when he's fit, has to have a drink before the game. It isn't 1976 anymore and, as I recall, that strategy didn't work so well for the 'Pies that year, either.

Cloke will always play up the ground at CHF, provided that he's fit enough. The miserable carping about him since he came back from injury had been quite awful to read.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:58 am

Piesnchess wrote:

In John McEnroe's best intonation: "You cannot be serious".
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:33 am

jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Gee, I'm surprised nobody has picked that up before now and brought it to the attention of fellow posters.

can't believe some people are still banging on about playing him.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: