Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Point me towards the Captain desertion thread?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:05 pm
Post subject: Point me towards the Captain desertion thread?Reply with quote

If it exists, mods, please merge.

Scott is done as captain.

His comment yesterday about not finding a reason to play for the club and supporters is the last straw.

Yes, he slows time, is the matrix etc, however, the pies will not win a flag with Scott as captain. He lacks the killer instinct to lead a team in tough conditions. In crunch games, Scott often takes a couple of quarters to find the 'rhythm of play'. We need a hard nut leading the team from the first bounce.

Be great if we could find someone in the mould of Dangerfield.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:13 pm
Post subject: Re: Point me towards the Captain desertion thread?Reply with quote

R_T_RUSH wrote:

His comment yesterday about not finding a reason to play for the club and supporters is the last straw.

Yes, he slows time, is the matrix etc, however, the pies will not win a flag with Scott as captain. He lacks the killer instinct to lead a team in tough conditions. In crunch games, Scott often takes a couple of quarters to find the 'rhythm of play'. We need a hard nut leading the team from the first bounce.

Dood seriously?
Listen to it properly and put it in Perspective
Calm the. F*** down.

Go Pies.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh pahlease. Seriously? What he said was 100% accurate. Who cares? Our season is done. Hang on to 12 and get Pick 7 in the draft.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:16 pm

They need to knock off that smiling and chatting with the opposition players after the game too. Shake hands with your direct opponent or any opposition players who cross their path as they make a beeline for the rooms.
R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:27 pm
Post subject: Re: Point me towards the Captain desertion thread?Reply with quote

Leggie wrote:
R_T_RUSH wrote:

Dood seriously?
Listen to it properly and put it in Perspective
Calm the. F*** down.

Dude, I am quite calm. This is not a reaction after one game, it is a consistant observation over 3 years watching Scott attempt to lead the troops, particularly in big games
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:31 pm

He's already won a premiership as captain. The 2011 NAB Cup Premiership featured Pendlebury as captain because Maxwell was injured.

This indicated to me that he had the right stuff to be our next premiership captain.

Last edited by regan is true fullback on Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:56 pm

he is a champ and a good captain.

Go Pendles!

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:57 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:
He's already won a premiership as captain. The 1991 NAB Cup Premiership featured Pendlebury as captain because Maxwell was injured.

This indicated to me that he had the right stuff to be our next premiership captain.

Maybe the cup was too heavy for a 3 year old to lift that he has avoided premierships ever since.
R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:05 pm

5150 wrote:
regan is true fullback wrote:
He's already won a premiership as captain. The 1991 NAB Cup Premiership featured Pendlebury as captain because Maxwell was injured.

Maybe the cup was too heavy for a 3 year old to lift that he has avoided premierships ever since.

Yeah, I get it, Pendles is everyones favourite. A great player, but a great captain?
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:26 pm

Better then "Money man Dangerfield" that's for sure.

Pendles will take a pay cut for the second time this time around, let alone taking less money then what he could get at another club.

What was wrong with what he said anyway? IT WAS THE TRUTH.

We were playing for nothing, and it was the first time in his career that we really weren't going flat out to achieve anything of any worth.

I was kind of hoping he'd actually back the words up, as would Bucks, nothing wrong with the truth, ever.

In fact our club could do with more truth, we've been bullshitted to, and bullshitted about this club for far too long.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:56 pm

The problem is what Scott said was a direct contradiction to what Buckley said about the team wanting to be an unconditional team. To play to win all the time under any circumstances. Get on the same page guys, no wonder we're a mess out there.

MONCO: Your life.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:33 pm

mattys123 wrote:

Pendles will take a pay cut for the second time this time around, let alone taking less money then what he could get at another club.

We were playing for nothing, and it was the first time in his career that we really weren't going flat out to achieve anything of any worth.

I was kind of hoping he'd actually back the words up, as would Bucks, nothing wrong with the truth, ever.

In fact our club could do with more truth, we've been bullshitted to, and bullshitted about this club for far too long.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next two weeks when we're playing for nothing in those games. I don't get it. I know when I played footy I was always driven by personal pride to play to the best of my ability. Regardless of the stakes or the scoreboard.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:01 am

Dangles wrote:
mattys123 wrote:

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next two weeks when we're playing for nothing in those games. I don't get it. I know when I played footy I was always driven by personal pride to play to the best of my ability. Regardless of the stakes or the scoreboard.

Nope. When I played, we were undefeated all season with 2 games to go. Meaningless games cos we couldn't be removed from top. Suffice to say we lost to the bottom team at home by 100 points (!) and the second placed team in the final round by a few goals (two games that meant SFA)...then proceeded to waltz into the GF and win by 100. Human nature.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:51 am

Monco Matt wrote:
The problem is what Scott said was a direct contradiction to what Buckley said about the team wanting to be an unconditional team. To play to win all the time under any circumstances. Get on the same page guys, no wonder we're a mess out there.

Yes - how can our 900k apprentice coach not be able to communicate to the captain of our great football club that playing in front of 60,000 against an arch rival means something?

What the heck was he doing all week?
Practicing his press conferences?
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:31 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

Yes - how can our 900k apprentice coach not be able to communicate to the captain of our great football club that playing in front of 60,000 against an arch rival means something?

What the heck was he doing all week?
Practicing his press conferences?

I remember someone giving Dermott Brereton crap once about taking something trite like a dart game too seriously and telling him it doesn't matter and Brereton said "It all matters" 5 day. 5 night. Enough said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: