Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Commentators on the Johnson Hit - what a joke!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:52 pm
Post subject: Commentators on the Johnson Hit - what a joke!Reply with quote

so Brown doesnt play the ball and hits Parker (in a contest for the ball), and the commentators react like they want to go out there and lynch Brown themselves.

a week later, Hodge intentionally smashed a guys head against a point post about 5 seconds after the whistle that stopped play - no issue identified.

This week, the commentators - Ling and Carey, when the footage of Stevie J clearly going off his line to put an elbow to the head of Brown off the ball, and they all said after the replay was shown - "nothing in that" "i think that is a case of flopping by Nathan Brown". Ling actually said, clearly it was high but clearly it didnt have necessary force. They even suggested, nothing more than a fine.

Fortunately a couple of minutes later another commentator spoke up and said "i dont know how he cant be in trouble" - but seriously!!!

Are they trying to manipulate the MRP? if so, what makes them think they can??? And why doesnt anyone call out these guys for their biased commentary when everyone destroyed Eddie McGuire when he tried to commentate on Collingwood games.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You are spot on, mate. For a guy who was hit with "insufficient force and took a dive" Brown seemed pretty upset about it which was evident by the way he remonstrated with Johnson when he got up.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:28 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Agree! Just for the record. Are you talking about the media darling Stevie J? I mean who comes up with names like this? Wankers in the media. His name is Steven. No other person with that name I know is called Stevie. Except Stevie Wonder. Oh the modern football media are total jerks.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:30 pm

That was Stevie J's last game. He approached the game with the same mind set as Alistair Lynch did in his final game
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:24 pm

So apparently Nathan Brown's actions of the hit on Luke Parker are more noteworthy than being hit!
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:47 pm

The Johnson act was clearly worse. It was an intentional head high hit behind the play. Brown's was a split second reaction after he had initially been preparing to take a mark. The force of it was quite a bit less but the damage done was on par with the hit on Parker.

Personally, I feel we should have extra loading for off the ball hits. They should clearly be automatically graded as intentional. This one would likely be low impact and maybe a fine is appropriate, but I'm much more comfortable with a player being suspended for what Johnson did than what Brown did.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:50 pm

So was Collingwood even playing according to the Commentators?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:57 pm

Look, Menzel was great. I'm not sure who else was on the ground or what team Menzel was playing against. What's your point, DTM?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:00 pm

MRP charges are in
Nathan Brown Collingwod
Grade 3 attacking the elbow of opposition player behind play with reckless intent
Facing 5 week minimum
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:05 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Look, Menzel was great. I'm not sure who else was on the ground or what team Menzel was playing against. What's your point, DTM?

Well Collingwood Played Fantastic and Did they even Mention That?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:31 pm

Sorry, DTM - I was agreeing with you, just laying on the sarcasm about the commentary for effect.

The constant carry-on about Menzel, like he was the only guy who'd ever played a game after injury setbacks, made me want to eat my TV.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:32 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

LOL. Menzel won the 2015 premiership last night and resolved the Middle East crisis. Next week he is ascending to heaven surrounded by a chorus of angels singing hosannas. What's your point P4S ?

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:05 pm

Yep, Carey and Ling have got every reportable incident wrong in recent weeks. Both of them went for Nathan Brown 2 weeks ago. They never held back.
Ling said:
Players can't be doing that sort of thing. It shouldn't be tolerated and he'll get weeks. When a player is going for the ball he shouldn't have to worry about another player with no eyes for the ball taking him out. Brown copped 1 week.

Luke Hodge smashes Wigard into the point post. It was deliberate, medium intensity and high. These muppets said that it wasn't Hodge's fault that the post was there. Ling said and I'll quote for accuracy: "You can't rub him out for that." Hodge gets two weeks. Has anybody bothered to explain the rules to these two muppets? Do they know how these incidents are graded? Apparently not.

My take is that these blokes are star struck. The stars of the game can do no wrong. These blokes literally try to down-play the incidents hoping that they may have some influence on the MRP.

Last night, only Dennis Cometti said that Johnson would go. He suggested he'd get a week or two.

And don't even start me on the biased nature of the commentary. Collingwood might as well have not been there. 7 goals in front? Who cares, let's go on and on and on about Geelong's retiring players and Menzel. Yes I loved the Menzel comeback; a terrific story of never giving up and of great courage, but was it necessary to devote 12 minutes to it? I half expected Menzel's cat to get an interview in the end.

They just hate us, pure and simple. What other conclusion could one draw after last night? For all the hate Bruce cops here, at least he wouldn't have led the Geelong cheer squad last night like McLaughlin did. Truly sickening.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:06 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

LOL. Menzel won the 2015 premiership last night and resolved the Middle East crisis. Next week he is ascending to heaven surrounded by a chorus of angels singing hosannas. What's your point P4S ?

Look, I've just got nothin'.

I can't begin to describe his magnificent radiance, his cherub-like beauty, his almost miraculous qualities etc etc. We who are unworthy even to wash his jumper etc etc.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:22 pm

AFL just announced Round 22 will henceforth be known as Menzel Round. All clubs will wear specifically designed knee strapping with players from both clubs observing a minutes silence before the game. The best player will be awarded the Golden Crutch Medal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: