Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Where is the Cheer Squad???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Hiss a Mod now? They've really hit the bottom of the barrel what with David and now Hiss. Very Happy
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:34 pm

I have to agree with thompsoc. It was a very small crowd, especially at the Ponsford end. At the end of 2014 Ed and other club leaders (and I think Joff was there too), got together to try to work out a way of populating the cheer squad area so that it was full of colour and noise. I don't think anything much has changed. If anything, the crowds have looked even smaller. I reckon the whole area should be re-classified as walk up. Then it would be full. Stop putting walk-ups in the top levels and fill in the cheer squad areas instead.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:42 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
I have to agree with thompsoc. It was a very small crowd, especially at the Ponsford end. At the end of 2014 Ed and other club leaders (and I think Joff was there too), got together to try to work out a way of populating the cheer squad area so that it was full of colour and noise. I don't think anything much has changed. If anything, the crowds have looked even smaller. I reckon the whole area should be re-classified as walk up. Then it would be full. Stop putting walk-ups in the top levels and fill in the cheer squad areas instead.

Was Lonely up the top of the Ponsford Stand last Night

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:46 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Is Hiss a Mod now? They've really hit the bottom of the barrel what with David and now Hiss. Very Happy

Very funny!!!
We have Hiss and Hal and I suggest we have Helen now.
Would be good for Posters to suggest what personality she should take!

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:48 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Was Lonely up the top of the Ponsford Stand last Night

I always stand behind the Ponny goals.
It is a much better atmosphere.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:49 pm

thompsoc wrote:
[quote="Neil Appleby"]Is Hiss a Mod now? They've really hit the bottom of the barrel what with David and now Hiss. Very Happy[/quote]
Very funny!!!
I don't care.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:05 pm

HAL wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Very funny!!!
I don't care.

Worried that it may take away the limelight from you Hal?
Lets face it Hal, you really are just a 20th century bot!

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:05 pm

dp
HAL 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:07 pm

I would like to do that too.
HAL 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:08 pm

thompsoc wrote:
dp
That sounds good to me.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:39 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:

Yep, at the very least there should be 3-4 bays of walk up GA somewhere in the ground for every Collingwood home game, on the bottom deck.

We keep claiming we are a club for the people, for the battlers, yet even for the smaller games you need to reserve a seat just to get on the bottom deck.

Plus the atmosphere would be so much better if you had more GA bays on the bottom deck.

The best atmosphere we had a game all year was for the GWS game, when there were 7-8 bays of GA spread throughout the Olympic and Southern Stands. It was an non manufactured noise from fans just rocking up when they want and sitting with who they want.

General admission has to be increased on the bottom deck, not just for our games either, should be for every AFL game at the MCG (barring the really big games like ANZAC day of course).
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:56 pm

^ i find the bottom deck not so great for viewing and will not sit there if i don't have to.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:51 am

^Middle tiers are accepted as premium seats, most people would choose ground level over nosebleed I'd reckon. Unless you're in the first half dozen rows in the top deck, it's nosebleed.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:12 am

mattys123 wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Yep, at the very least there should be 3-4 bays of walk up GA somewhere in the ground for every Collingwood home game, on the bottom deck.

We keep claiming we are a club for the people, for the battlers, yet even for the smaller games you need to reserve a seat just to get on the bottom deck.

Plus the atmosphere would be so much better if you had more GA bays on the bottom deck.

The best atmosphere we had a game all year was for the GWS game, when there were 7-8 bays of GA spread throughout the Olympic and Southern Stands. It was an non manufactured noise from fans just rocking up when they want and sitting with who they want.

General admission has to be increased on the bottom deck, not just for our games either, should be for every AFL game at the MCG (barring the really big games like ANZAC day of course).

Some sort of membership option where your reserved seat becomes a reserved bay might work.
Instead of having "Row X Seat 10 Bay M32" on your card, it would just be a guaranteed seat in say M31-M32-M33.

Could work as a combination with those adamant they want to keep their same seat every week still being allowed to do so, but on the proviso that you lose that seat if it's not used X amount of games in a season.

Depending on numbers of legends/captains members, the capacity of N level, and preferences for other areas of the ground - some Ponsford stand bottom level GA membership bays could be worked in as well.

Something along those lines anyway.

Would certainly improve the atmosphere if we could get our average 50,000-60,000 (minimum 40,000) crowds sitting together instead of scattered.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:57 am

Neil Appleby wrote:

Hilarious, if only....... Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: