Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies crush Cats . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Great win, stuck it up the doom and gloomers, right royally, very proud of the lads, i never lost faith, pre game i tipped us to hit back hard, but not that hard. LOL, great to see Ling and his pussies screwed for the year, piss off Ling, go cry me a river, you sod. Now for a few too many jack daniels, go Pies you bloody ripper.

never lost faith.

Piesnchess wrote:
JUST TWO blood changes, after that utter debacle last week, there should have been at least four, at the very least, ;put a rocket up some of em. And NO Yank picked, FMD, he may have been our big big X factor tonght, this selection committee is giving me a real pain in the arse. Im not confident tonight, if we can get within four goals, its a pass, IMHO. I hope for an upset, if only to jamm it up that red haired pig Ling, his crucifixion of Nat Brown was a damn disgrace, love to beat hs suck Pussies and jamm it right up his red haired ass, good and proper. GO PIES !!

I knew they were never going to be capable of kicking a winning score without Coxy at FF.

AT the end of the day, how many smartypants on here actually picked us too win, pre game, id say, very very few. That i at least held out some hope of a win, remote as it was, was a bit more than many around here, who had us getting slaughtered, even hoping we would be, to hasten Bucks exit as coach, as they wanted. No one in their wildest dreams expected a huge win like that, i knew wed hit back hard, but that was beyond belief. The only mystery is where the heck that form has been over the last seven games, where did it go, thats the question. Confused Smile

Me me me I did by 19 pre game thread had a gut feeling we would show something this week after the previous
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:03 pm

So after eight finals appearances on the trot, from 2007-2014, we end Geelong's golden era. Very Happy
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:00 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Great win, stuck it up the doom and gloomers, right royally, very proud of the lads, i never lost faith, pre game i tipped us to hit back hard, but not that hard. LOL, great to see Ling and his pussies screwed for the year, piss off Ling, go cry me a river, you sod. Now for a few too many jack daniels, go Pies you bloody ripper.

never lost faith.

Piesnchess wrote:
JUST TWO blood changes, after that utter debacle last week, there should have been at least four, at the very least, ;put a rocket up some of em. And NO Yank picked, FMD, he may have been our big big X factor tonght, this selection committee is giving me a real pain in the arse. Im not confident tonight, if we can get within four goals, its a pass, IMHO. I hope for an upset, if only to jamm it up that red haired pig Ling, his crucifixion of Nat Brown was a damn disgrace, love to beat hs suck Pussies and jamm it right up his red haired ass, good and proper. GO PIES !!

I knew they were never going to be capable of kicking a winning score without Coxy at FF.

AT the end of the day, how many smartypants on here actually picked us too win, pre game, id say, very very few. That i at least held out some hope of a win, remote as it was, was a bit more than many around here, who had us getting slaughtered, even hoping we would be, to hasten Bucks exit as coach, as they wanted. No one in their wildest dreams expected a huge win like that, i knew wed hit back hard, but that was beyond belief. The only mystery is where the heck that form has been over the last seven games, where did it go, thats the question. Confused Smile

Me me me I did by 19 pre game thread had a gut feeling we would show something this week after the previous

Longer the week went stronger that feeling came to me

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:02 am

Judging by the commentary on Friday night I guess from now on Menzel will be referred to as 4 knees 4 years. Just like Brereton is referred to as 5 day 5 night. Rolling Eyes
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:54 pm

I am trying to think of the last time where a team with nothing to play for knocked another team out of the finals at the last...

It has happened several times, but the last time involving Collingwood was 20 years ago. In 1995, all Collingwood had to do to make 8th spot was to defeat the lowly Swans at the SCG. Unfortunately, Tony Lockett went nuts in the last quarter and the Swans won easily.

The following year the Pies started their downward spiral with Tony Shaw. The Swans made the Grand Final, so here's hoping.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:45 pm

[quote="Dave The Man"]
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Not sure this is the forum for that discussion Dave.

PS: good to catch up before yesterday's game.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:56 pm

[quote="jackcass"]
Dave The Man wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Not sure this is the forum for that discussion Dave.

PS: good to catch up before yesterday's game.

Was good to meet you too.

Video I took at the Game on Friday Night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVANj8FKm84

McMonkey 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:31 pm

Great team performance by the Pies on Friday, which is stating the obvious of course. To do it with Swan out action for the most part (anyone know the extent of his injury?), no Cloke and not relying on Pendles either, was a great sign, albeit against a team that has a swag of injuries and a bunch of old codgers that are well past their best.

Strangely, I felt the umps were in our pocket all night, they actually rewarded our tackles?! - once a season isn't bad.

Highlight -Joffa sticking it to them with the handbag! Geelong have been such a dominant team, Id love to see us win 3 GF's in 5 years in my lifetime - which made the handbag even funnier.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:21 am

It was a great response by the playing group after last week's terrible performance against the Tigers so it was great to see the boys actually show some mental resolve and beat an opponent who had much to play for in the process.

I've criticised Bucks in the past and I still have some concerns with his coaching strategy but he coached very well on Friday night. He made the right decision putting Reid in the backline, continuing to play Greenwood in a run-with role against Selwood this time and by giving De Goey a tough task in the midfield to free up Pendles which he did brilliantly. De Goey's relentless tackling was the highlight of the night.

Swan was great before the injury and I hope his injury isn't too serious but thankfully it happened towards the end of the year anyway similar to the way he did his hamstring in the second last game of last year as well. Cloke's late withdrawal didn't really concern me as I felt we looked too predictable up forward with him as the number one tall so after his exclusion I think Lonergan really struggled to find his purpose in the match.

I've never doubted that the kids weren't exciting and and we have great times ahead of us with them playing as they mature and gain more experience but I've always maintained concerns about Bucks' coaching ability and being able to maximise their potential but nevertheless they played for him in this match which was great.

Looking forward to ending the season on a high next Sunday despite falling short this year with finals. I'm not that dissatisfied overall as I always said that winning 10 matches or more was a pass mark for mine so we've achieved that thankfully.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:53 am

Tannin wrote:
Very nice indeed to see Greenwood play his first ever quality game for the Pies. It's been a long wait while he recovered from his broken leg, resumed in the twos, and struggled for match fitness and touch, but he's made it. Levi Greenwood, welcome to Collingwood!

Actually it was his second quality game of the year where he obtained very similar stats against Richmond as well and reduced Cotchin's influence in the game against us and kept him to 13 possessions for the game similar to the way he nullified Selwood's influence on Friday night.

Greenwood's Stats:
Round 21 v Richmond: 24 disposals, 13 kicks, 11 handballs, 4 marks, 10 tackles
Round 22 v Geelong: 21 disposals, 13 kicks, 8 handballs, 4 marks, 10 tackles

Anyway I'm really looking forward to seeing his progression in 2016 where hopefully he will be injury-free and won't have any setbacks along the way. Fingers crossed!

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:16 am

Thanks Jezza. I must admit to not having watched the Richmond game. I thought about watching the replay, but instead of that I went out to the toolshed for a hour or two, whiling away the time by pulling my own teeth out with pliers and fencing wire. Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm a gutless wonder. It was the easy way out and I'm ashamed of it.
mosig 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:17 am

Dave The Man wrote:

Ugly couple of minutes of football.

Commentary was quality though.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:37 am

beats listening to bwuce or the paddle pop lion
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:03 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Nice work Dave; and your commentary mimicked mine watching the game at home on TV:
BALD HEADED CHEATING DOG PRICK!
KICK WAS SO 15M YOU SHIT SACK!

Dyso

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:07 pm

Where did [quoteDave The Man] [b]Video he or she take at the Game on Friday Night[b] httpswww dotyoutubedot comwatch?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: