Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies crush Cats . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting the thuggery of geelong. Glad they have missed finals.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

Wonder what Dangerfield thinks about the direction of the Geelong Football Club now?
Greeny2968 

jackcass wrote:
Greeny2968 wrote:
Team looked much better without Cloke, Frost and Toovey...

Reid and Pendles starting on back line; Grundy, Adams, Crisp, DeGoey, Greenwood tackling and winning hard ball and clearances. Sidebottom with some outside run / finish. Langdon, Scharenberg, Maynard, Marley off HBF, Moore up forward. Kicking straighter.

Bring in Treloar, Aish and/or preferably Dangerfield - and 2016/2017 starting to look like some good potential ahead.

Unless I'm mistaken, we played some equally good footy early in the year with all 3 in the side so it's hardly indicative...

Just think the young guys on backline are our future - not Toovey; and whilst Frost is hard and punches, Reid has more skill and class. Find it hard to play Brown and Frost in same team. Cloke is overrated as a forward - better up the ground; but just think we looked more like scoring with him not there, and Moore is just as good as a target and at least has a 2nd effort.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:39 am

Great win, stuck it up the doom and gloomers, right royally, very proud of the lads, i never lost faith, pre game i tipped us to hit back hard, but not that hard. LOL, great to see Ling and his pussies screwed for the year, piss off Ling, go cry me a river, you sod. Now for a few too many jack daniels, go Pies you bloody ripper.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:40 am

Do not agree with anyone who suggests that we look better without Cloke. Cloke is a champion: an aerobic beast and a mass of muscular pressure. Given tonight's performance, we need to consider how best to integrate Travis Cloke into our team. Definitely needs to play further up the field. Darcy Moore is sensational. he will play up at full forward, and then Cloke at CHF.
So happy that we have witnessed this game, because it confirms in spades that we are heading in the right direction
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:42 am

malteaser wrote:
To all the doomsdayers.

spot on, they can crawl back under their miserable life hating rocks, hang your heads in shame, doom and gloomers. Razz Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:45 am

Dangles wrote:
Wonder what Dangerfield thinks about the direction of the Geelong Football Club now?

I think they're going to do it tough from now on.They're going to lose an enormous amount of experience in the next few years,and Dangerfield may not be enough to save them.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

Hope Adam Trelaor was watching this game.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

Piesnchess wrote:
Great win, stuck it up the doom and gloomers, right royally, very proud of the lads, i never lost faith, pre game i tipped us to hit back hard, but not that hard. LOL, great to see Ling and his pussies screwed for the year, piss off Ling, go cry me a river, you sod. Now for a few too many jack daniels, go Pies you bloody ripper.

never lost faith.

Piesnchess wrote:
JUST TWO blood changes, after that utter debacle last week, there should have been at least four, at the very least, ;put a rocket up some of em. And NO Yank picked, FMD, he may have been our big big X factor tonght, this selection committee is giving me a real pain in the arse. Im not confident tonight, if we can get within four goals, its a pass, IMHO. I hope for an upset, if only to jamm it up that red haired pig Ling, his crucifixion of Nat Brown was a damn disgrace, love to beat hs suck Pussies and jamm it right up his red haired ass, good and proper. GO PIES !!

mosig 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:47 am

Personally I think that is the best game I have seen Beams play for us.

By Beams I mean of course: Crisp, De Goey & Greenwood.

HI Brisbane!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:49 am

That's more like it.

This should give all the Magpie haters out there something to think about in preparation for next season. Apart from the wonderful work of our midfielders in Adams, Crisp, De Goey, Greenwood and Sidey, the bloke who impressed me the most was Grundy. This is the first time i've seen him dominate a game around the ground. Wow, at just 21 yrs, he's a beauty. Maybe he sent the club a message they don't need to recruit Kruezer.

Not for the first time, our forward line looked better not being Cloke focused. Darcy Moore will be the best key forward in the game in 3 yrs time - better than Buddy Franklin. De Goey will be better than Fyfe or Selwood.

I can now see why the club was so keen to get Greenwood. He is a battering ram and imposes himself on the contest like no other. I remember copping lots of criticism from many Nicksters early last year when I declared Adams a better version of Luke Ball. Well, I reckon he's already better than Ball ever was.

Maynard is a tank and will become absolutely fearsome in years to come. As others have noted, our structure looked so much better with Reid down back. I know I sound like I dislike the kid, but my only concern was again the emotionless display from Scharenberg. I'd love to see him celebrate with the boys and show that he loves playing with this team, as Marsh, Moore, De Goey, Maynard and the others do. Still, a minor point.

Finally, congratulations must got to Bucks for the great job he is doing developing this young list and getting them performing as a team. Another win like this next week against the bumbers should set the scene for an exciting pre-season and 2016. Go Pies!

Last edited by RudeBoy on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:53 am; edited 2 times in total
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:49 am

Jezza wrote:
Great response! Just what our fans needed after last week.

Everyone played their role tonight.
Hope Swan is ok and his injury isn't too serious!

Totally; a great reward for the true fans who front up each week.
Only 40,000-ish at the ground; wonder how many couldn't be bothered after last weeks shitfest?
Four quarters of effort each week is all we can really ask, and we got it.
Because anything less is absolutely unacceptable.
Nearly had a stroke tonight when we kicked what 7 straight goals before a missed behind?
It had got to the point where I expect every player lining up for goal to miss, instead of convert.

Geelong were minus Stokes, Duncan, Dippy Clarke, Rhys Stanley, and for some reason omitted Caddy, who towelled us last time, along with Stanley.
Make of those omissions what you will, as to the strength of their best 22.
Tom Lonergan looked lost out there, without Cloke's jumper to hold onto all night...

And - the umpiring. How many soft frees did they get to try to bring them back in the game? That bald headed DOG was on fire.
"Not 15; play on..." when the ball clearly travelled 15 metres.
But when any other team kicks the same distance, it's a mark.
Gifting them a junk time goal to Dunderklumpen, near the final siren.

So moving forward, roll the druggies next week for another 11/11 season, and secure pick #7 in the upcoming draft.

Dyso

ps. Suck it Cats, and suck it hard.
Was some small consolation to end your season.
And LOL at the moron Crows supporters seated at the fence wearing Dangerfield's #32 on their jumpers; enjoy it while it lasts you tards!

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:51 am

mosig wrote:
Personally I think that is the best game I have seen Beams play for us.

By Beams I mean of course: Crisp, De Goey & Greenwood.

HI Brisbane!

Beautifully said. All three of them were excellent tonight. That deal has really helped set us up.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:51 am

Greenwood's been pretty impressive in the last two weeks shutting down Cotchin and Selwood.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:56 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Finally if your a true magpie supporter and can't look at tonight's game and be excited about our future then you need to reassess your options on who you support.
Tonight we saw the future alive and well in magpie land and it was beautiful to watch

Great post - couldn't agree more.

Whether we would've won or lost as a result, I thought it was a great move by Bucks to give the middle to the young 'uns, just to see what they're made of. They rose to the challenge brilliantly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: