Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who is that number 7 in the reserves??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:05 am
Post subject: Who is that number 7 in the reserves??Reply with quote

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-08-22/vfl-coxs-fast-five

I was watching the highlights of Mason Cox's five goal return. what struck me was the class and polish of number 7. He must have set up three of them with precision passing out of the centre (usually from a clearance). what an amazing little player he is.

Can we get that kid on our senior list? reckon he might be a player.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ball use at VFL level is one thing, and there wasn't anything particularly impressive about those kicks. Kennedy needs to show more composure and polish at senior level. There seems to be an impression that he's being held back, but I think it's more that he's disappointed. The club would clearly want to play him, every other young player fit enough is getting a good run of games. The question over Kennedy is whether he's going to be able to make it as a mid given his lack of size or strength.
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:21 am

You mean the one who kick 0.3 goals.
malteaser 

Stanley Kubrick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:02 am

I don't think he has ever kicked a goal in the seniors, I might be wrong but everytime I see him play he craps himself when he has to make his kicking count. we have enough of these type of players. I think if he comes back in he has to prove himself. He will also get a chance in the VFL finals, after that I can see him being either delisted or in some sort of trade
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:57 am

Hmmm, I wonder if theres not a thread on here somewhere pissing on every single Collingwood player by fools who can't or won't see the real problem? Do you really think this or that player having a bad game is why were 12th? I'll just repeat that...TWELFTH!

I simply don't believe that there's a single person on Nicks why TRULY believes that our problem is not having good enough players, those who say such things really do know what the problem is, but they have to divert attention elsewhere because for whatever insane reason they want us to
continue on our present course. Going from Consecutive minor Prems and consecutive Grand finals, including a flag, to 4th, 6th, 11th, and now 12th, simply doesn't EVER happen because this or that player has come or gone. It takes something much bigger. We ALL know what it is, every single one of us, but there are still many who, like Eddie, just can't bring themselves to say it, probably because they think it would make them look stupid, and that people like me would give them shit.

I don't I've a rats arse about any of that, I just want Collingwood where it ABSOLUTELY should and could be, in the top 4. Unfortunately both at board level and here at Nicks, there are people who care more about their standing than about club success.

I don't believe anything will happen at seasons end, we'll just do our famous business as usual crap that kept us flagless through the 60s and 70's and 80's. Buckley and crew will go on next year as if this year was great, exactly as they did last year, and the result will be the same.
The whole league knows we are famous for shooting ourselves as often as possible in the metacarpals, and laugh themselves stupid. As a team we are playing so badly these last 4 weeks we're virtually unrecognisable. This is a very young side that should have huge success in their future, and yet with 6 or 7 games left they simply fell to pieces, their confidence shot to hell.

We have a phenomenal mid line. Add Treloar and Aish to that and it has to be easily the best by a mile. Name a midfield that could touch Pendles, Swan, Greenwood, Sidebottom, Crisp, Taylor Adams, DeGoey, Sharenberg, Treloar, Aish, Marley, Varcoe, McCaffer, Marsh etc, and more to come. We have Cloke, White, Moore, Reid and Cox to kick goals as well as Fas and Elliot on the ground, Grundy and Witts to ruck, and Brown, Frost, Langdon, Oxley, Toovey, and Maynard as the nucleus of a backline, what the F*CK more could you possibly want from a list?! Well, guess what! There IS more! Were yet to see the best of Abbot, Manteit, Goodyear, Kennedy and Freeman.

Im sorry, but any club that can't get that list into finals is doing something Hugely and fundamentally wrong!!!

But why tell you this, you all the truth, its just tat too many don't want to face it. They'd rather be right than win flags!!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:09 am

malteaser wrote:
I don't think he has ever kicked a goal in the seniors, I might be wrong but everytime I see him play he craps himself when he has to make his kicking count. we have enough of these type of players. I think if he comes back in he has to prove himself. He will also get a chance in the VFL finals, after that I can see him being either delisted or in some sort of trade

You are. He's kicked 13 goals in the seniors, all of which have come when he has been granted the chance of playing/starting a full game.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:11 am

35forever wrote:
Hmmm, I wonder if theres not a thread on here somewhere pissing on every single Collingwood player by fools who can't or won't see the real problem? Do you really think this or that player having a bad game is why were 12th? I'll just repeat that...TWELFTH!

I simply don't believe that there's a single person on Nicks why TRULY believes that our problem is not having good enough players, those who say such things really do know what the problem is, but they have to divert attention elsewhere because for whatever insane reason they want us to
continue on our present course. Going from Consecutive minor Prems and consecutive Grand finals, including a flag, to 4th, 6th, 11th, and now 12th, simply doesn't EVER happen because this or that player has come or gone. It takes something much bigger. We ALL know what it is, every single one of us, but there are still many who, like Eddie, just can't bring themselves to say it, probably because they think it would make them look stupid, and that people like me would give them shit.

I don't I've a rats arse about any of that, I just want Collingwood where it ABSOLUTELY should and could be, in the top 4. Unfortunately both at board level and here at Nicks, there are people who care more about their standing than about club success.

I don't believe anything will happen at seasons end, we'll just do our famous business as usual crap that kept us flagless through the 60s and 70's and 80's. Buckley and crew will go on next year as if this year was great, exactly as they did last year, and the result will be the same.
The whole league knows we are famous for shooting ourselves as often as possible in the metacarpals, and laugh themselves stupid. As a team we are playing so badly these last 4 weeks we're virtually unrecognisable. This is a very young side that should have huge success in their future, and yet with 6 or 7 games left they simply fell to pieces, their confidence shot to hell.

We have a phenomenal mid line. Add Treloar and Aish to that and it has to be easily the best by a mile. Name a midfield that could touch Pendles, Swan, Greenwood, Sidebottom, Crisp, Taylor Adams, DeGoey, Sharenberg, Treloar, Aish, Marley, Varcoe, McCaffer, Marsh etc, and more to come. We have Cloke, White, Moore, Reid and Cox to kick goals as well as Fas and Elliot on the ground, Grundy and Witts to ruck, and Brown, Frost, Langdon, Oxley, Toovey, and Maynard as the nucleus of a backline, what the F*CK more could you possibly want from a list?! Well, guess what! There IS more! Were yet to see the best of Abbot, Manteit, Goodyear, Kennedy and Freeman.

Im sorry, but any club that can't get that list into finals is doing something Hugely and fundamentally wrong!!!

But why tell you this, you all the truth, its just tat too many don't want to face it. They'd rather be right than win flags!!

yes, something much much bigger. Like a turnover of an old list with a bunch of kids who aren't yet able to run out a full season......

i know it wont make a cracker of difference to you, but you know at least 10 players on these lists of the players who are supposed to lead us to finals havent even played 20 games of AFL footy. Now i know inexperience is no excuse (i mean look at how GWS has done with its young talented list of players in the past 8 weeks after its team also started 8-3).

I do agree with you on one thing. The nucleus of a really good team that should play in finals is there. thought they might have been ready this year but it wasn't to be. Next year they will be one year stronger.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:27 am

Why don't a few of the people here who continually criticise the coach and the club, turn up at any open training sessions. Voice your concerns at Nathan and any of the other coaching assistants and officials. Unlike Malthouse, Buckley is not going to bite your head off. Tell Buckley to his face that his game plan stinks and that with the players he has at his disposal we should have made finals this year. Then go home and type what you want to type on Nicks and I'll have much more respect for your opinion.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:32 am

I feel sorry for BenKen and Sammy Dwyer because they aren't allowed to adapt to the pace of the seniors by playing several full AFL games in a row.

Not only that, they have the added pressure of knowing that one stuff up means its straight back to the reserves, no second chance! No wonder BenKen can't kick seemingly easy goals at AFL level.

35forever 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:23 am

Nah, sorry, you don't go from losing 3 in the first half to winning one in the second half (for the second year running) simply because of 'youth' The kids playing for the rest of the sides aren't falling to bits, and though its well known that kids without a couple of pre-seasons struggle over the course of a season, a week off usually helps as DeGoey got, only to return as one of our best. The shitful kicking is coming from young and old alike, and well, basically its just gonna be another season of excuses to try to mitigate the single biggest ****-up any sporting team has managed in the history of sport. What will the excuse be for Buckley next year? First it was the repercussions from the "succession", then it was injuries, then it was the players, now it’s the youth (which we have because of a 'rebuild' we didn’t need and were never told was coming). Aren't you just a tad sick of four years of excuses for ever worse performances despite the best list in the game!?
Whats it gonna be in 2016? Do we just write it off now? What do YOU think? I asked everyone and his dog here to put money where mouths were that 2015 would be worse than 2014, no one would take me up. Y'all knew Bucks was gonna turn it around, nothing surer! But you wouldn’t back him!

Anyone really believe 2016 is going to be a success without change? Even I'd be a little shocked if he couldn’t at least get this side to play most of a season, but anything like a top 4 finish? No fu*ken chance and you KNOW it!

With a coach who has a clue about coaching, who knows. Get any of Thompson, Matthews, yes, even Mick and I will guarantee a better season than this.
(shame we were too stupid to get Bolton - I swear if they get back into finals before us I'm going hunting at Westpac/Holden)
Have any of you seen a side so completely fall over in one half of a season? Not me! Closest thing I've seen was us last year!

For those ridiculous holdouts still mewing "next year will be the one", please, do tell us why. Another pre-season will fix all the mental problems such as those which saw us kick 9 straight points, will it? And who, pray tell, is going to fix those problems? The noted psychologist Dr. Buckley?

Yeah, right!

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:35 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Why don't a few of the people here who continually criticise the coach and the club, turn up at any open training sessions. Voice your concerns at Nathan and any of the other coaching assistants and officials. Unlike Malthouse, Buckley is not going to bite your head off. Tell Buckley to his face that his game plan stinks and that with the players he has at his disposal we should have made finals this year. Then go home and type what you want to type on Nicks and I'll have much more respect for your opinion.

Are you kidding me!? I'd love nothing more than to tell the guy who was my favourite player for years, that he simply isn't a coach, and that he has taken this group as far as he can. I'd like even more to tell the same thing to Ed and the board, and believe me if the opportunity were to present itself I wouldn’t miss the chance for the world. I am however in regional Queensland and have no plans to make the journey in the near future. And of course I'm the only one who could tell these people such things as I'm sure its never crossed their minds...

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
E 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:40 am

35forever wrote:
Nah, sorry, you don't go from losing 3 in the first half to winning one in the second half (for the second year running) simply because of 'youth' The kids playing for the rest of the sides aren't falling to bits, and though its well known that kids without a couple of pre-seasons struggle over the course of a season, a week off usually helps as DeGoey got, only to return as one of our best. The shitful kicking is coming from young and old alike, and well, basically its just gonna be another season of excuses to try to mitigate the single biggest ****-up any sporting team has managed in the history of sport. What will the excuse be for Buckley next year? First it was the repercussions from the "succession", then it was injuries, then it was the players, now it’s the youth (which we have because of a 'rebuild' we didn’t need and were never told was coming). Aren't you just a tad sick of four years of excuses for ever worse performances despite the best list in the game!?
Whats it gonna be in 2016? Do we just write it off now? What do YOU think? I asked everyone and his dog here to put money where mouths were that 2015 would be worse than 2014, no one would take me up. Y'all knew Bucks was gonna turn it around, nothing surer! But you wouldn’t back him!

Anyone really believe 2016 is going to be a success without change? Even I'd be a little shocked if he couldn’t at least get this side to play most of a season, but anything like a top 4 finish? No fu*ken chance and you KNOW it!

With a coach who has a clue about coaching, who knows. Get any of Thompson, Matthews, yes, even Mick and I will guarantee a better season than this.
(shame we were too stupid to get Bolton - I swear if they get back into finals before us I'm going hunting at Westpac/Holden)
Have any of you seen a side so completely fall over in one half of a season? Not me! Closest thing I've seen was us last year!

For those ridiculous holdouts still mewing "next year will be the one", please, do tell us why. Another pre-season will fix all the mental problems such as those which saw us kick 9 straight points, will it? And who, pray tell, is going to fix those problems? The noted psychologist Dr. Buckley?

Yeah, right!

this year was much more promising than last year. I thought we lasted into round 15 this year and were an 8-6 team through the first 14 games. Except for the Adelaide game, I thought we were up to our eyeballs in every one of those games.

Then the wheels came off (just as they did last year). I agree that its befuddling, but in my opinion our first 14 games were a hell of a lot more impressive than our first 14 last year. Arguably we were even younger this year than last - lost Heath and Lumumba. Was a shame that Greenwood only played 4 games.

Look at this starting 18 for Round 1 next year. It is the goods!!!!!

Williams Brown Langdon
Scharen Frost Varcoe
De Goey Greenwood Sidey
Elliot Reid Broomhead
Swan Cloke Moore

Grundy Pendles Adams.

Pick your bench from Crisp, Marsh, Ramsey, Maynard, Oxley, Goldsack, Toovey, Witts, Fas, Kennedy, Karnezis, Blair, Macaffer, Sinkers, Seedsman

Think Dwyer, Young, Keefe, Thomas be gone. Don't know what to make of Freeman and Goodyear! Rookies (other than Frost) not considered.

If I'm Collingwood, I try to keep that core 18 in place and see who else I can add to it. Could be anything. Just as our gameplan looked shit under Malthouse in 2008/2009, it will look a lot better when the cattle matures.

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:01 pm

Would like to see him play the last 2 games along with Sharenberg.

Was disappointed he was dropped after the Eagles game. Understand he made some big errors but what else can we learn from him playing VFL. Needs a chance to get up to AFL tempo.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:06 pm

If you are going to rebuild then rebuild!
Give a few young players like BenKen a decent go in
the AFL.

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:44 pm

35forever wrote:

When all these guys highlighted are either at the club, get over injuries, or prove themselves at AFL level then you may have a point.
Until then the speculation above is completely pointless and irrelevant.

It is just vitriol poorly disguised as analysis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: