Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan Buckley.... and I think the same :)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:16 pm
Post subject: Nathan Buckley.... and I think the same :)Reply with quote

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-08-26/magpies-so-much-better-placed-than-last-year-says-confident-buckley-2015

Sure the thread title is tongue in cheek, but I had to take some attention away from the other negative threads.

As opposed to the previously mentioned ignorant posters on this forum, for which I offer no apology, and no reply, NCB believes that we have improved this season. I agree.

I can hear it now, "Yeah it's just all spin".

Flame away.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:19 pm
Post subject: Re: Nathan Buckley.... and I think the same :)Reply with quote

AnthonyC wrote:
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-08-26/magpies-so-much-better-placed-than-last-year-says-confident-buckley-2015

Sure the thread title is tongue in cheek, but I had to take some attention away from the other negative threads.

As opposed to the previously mentioned ignorant posters on this forum, for which I offer no apology, and no reply, NCB believes that we have improved this season. I agree.

I can hear it now, "Yeah it's just all spin".

Flame away.

Man it will be fishing season soon.
I can't wait for the footy season to end.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We are better place then Last Year as we have some very excitin 21 an under players.

We also had 1 Flogging vs Tigers.

BUT

We are in lower ladder postion and worst team in the comp in the 2nd half of the season

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:28 pm
Post subject: Re: Nathan Buckley.... and I think the same :)Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
...I can't wait for the footy season to end.

Funny that; I've said the same thing for the last two season by the start of August...

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:51 pm

What does better placed mean? I am better placed this year than I was last year to buy a brand new Ferrari. Can I buy one though? **** no.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:58 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
What does better placed mean? I am better placed this year than I was last year to buy a brand new Ferrari. Can I buy one though? **** no.

Depends on how many under-performing, over rated, or obsolete "shit cars" you had clogging your garage space to trade for it?

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:01 pm

piedys wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:

Depends on how many under-performing, over rated, or obsolete "shit cars" you had clogging your garage space to trade for it?

funny!

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:05 pm

thompsoc wrote:
piedys wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:

funny!

Thought you might like that analogy mate!
Would love a Danger-Ferrari in our garage!

Dyso

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Might have to settle for an Adam Treloarean instead.

Wink

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:26 pm

I don't see how we're better than last year, considering our softer draw and fewer injuries I think we've slid.

Tic toc bucks.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:26 pm

Deja Vu wrote:

Wink

Nice work, DeJa. Laughing

In all seriousness, Treloar is what we need for sure.

Go the Pies!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:46 pm

Deja Vu wrote:

Wink

Great Scott!! Shocked

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:02 am

It is true, we did perform better this season, much better and more evenly (until the last quarter of the WCE game, then we simply dropped our heads) Our group IS the best in the game, and can beat anyone. With Aish and Treloar and the improvement in De Goey, Shaz, Marsh, Maynard, Greenwood and others we'll be 25% better. Hawthorn will probably be after our 4 in a row in 2016, just like 1958 the only ones who will stop them is us.

Buckley has done far better this year, but he has taken the group as far as he can. He doesn't understand the mental game, he thinks the answer is to work harder, its all he knows. He's wrong. We can only take the next step - mental strength - with a coach, or a coaching staff who understands it.

Leigh Matthews, Bomber Thompson, Mick Malthouse. These are the only ones I can think of who can take us the rest of the way. There may be others. Anyone got ideas?

Lets pretend Buckley was already gone, I'm not asking whether you think he should stay, I'm saying if he went (don't worry, he won't go, he'll be there and we'll be out of finals again. He's too self-involved, Ed is too scared, and too many of you are too stupid to see through the bullshit emanating from CFC). But if he WERE gone. Who would you choose?

(PS: Who takes three years to come up with a 5 year plan? What a bunch of dunces you are!!! Rebuilding?! How come no one mentioned the word once in 2011 or 2012?)

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:41 am

We have improved in some areas but there are also concerns in other areas.

Yes it's true that we have a better percentage this year which is indicative of how close some of our matches have been this year despite being on the losing end too often. Notable examples of this include:

1). Round 7 2015 v Richmond (5 Point Loss)
2). Round 13 2015 v Fremantle (7 Point Loss)
3). Round 14 2015 v Hawthorn (10 Point Loss)
4). Round 15 2015 v Port Adelaide (3 Point Loss)
5). Round 17 2015 v Western Bulldogs (18 Point Loss)
5). Round 20 2015 v Sydney (11 Point Loss)

Also the development of many kids has been positive. It's great to see that De Goey, Moore, Scharenberg, Maynard and Marsh have all had exposure of senior football this year. We just need Nathan Freeman to breakthrough and get a crack at senior football next year because two full years without him has hurt us.

The second half fadeout has been very disappointing but we have played some good football amongst those losses but there were also disappointing performances in certain matches such as the matches against Melbourne, Carlton (even though we won) and Richmond last week.

The game plan is still an ongoing concern for mine. It seems too reliant on elite fitness which a young side like ours isn't equipped to just yet and the constant emphasis of playing a zone defence is becoming a nuisance for mine but I can understand if it's implemented for the sake that playing man on man football is too taxing on our players.

Despite close games, our mental capacity to run out games well seems to be an issue as well, but whether Buckley can fix that I'm not entirely sure and maybe that can only be addressed as the playing group matures and continues to develop with more experience.

I'm also a little concerned about the lack of opportunities that some players have received with Ben Kennedy and Patrick Karnezis being the most notable examples of this. I'm sure the coaches have their reasons for not selecting these two guys in particularly but I do wonder what's going on with them that they cannot receive playing time especially in the state our side is in at this point right now so clearly there's still some issues with the list.

The challenges that Bucks faces in the future is being able to stop the slide we've experiencing since 2010 in terms of ladder positions and win-loss ratios. He also needs to demonstrate an evident gameplan that is functional and effective in winning us games and last but not least how will he address several structure matters such as the issues of the forward line with our heavy reliance on Cloke and the defence. I think the midfield will be fine assuming we recruit Treloar and Aish in the off-season and our defence will be fine in the long-term but is currently very inexperienced at the moment with Brown and Toovey being our two most experienced guys down there.

DT 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:55 am

Karnezis seems to lack enough pace to make it as an AFL player. When Fasolo is also not quick we can't find a spot for him.

Kennedy - not sure about him. Is he mentally not up to it or is a Kyle Martin? Good VFL player? McGuane thinks he won't make it. I think we give him one more year.

My question mark on the coach is whether he has the X factor great coaches have. We seem solid but lack flair. If only we had Chad Wingard!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: