Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Freeman

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:00 pm
Post subject: FreemanReply with quote

All others picks from this draft have a page one thread, so thought Nath should have one too!

Just read Balmey's injury report and apparently Freeman's injury is now short term and he's a good chance to play next week. Anyone have anything further on whether he's likely to take the field next game?

Balmey wrote:
Nathan’s hamstring is coming along very well as we reported last week. He almost certainly won’t play this week but he is a pretty good chance for next week, so we are really excited about that. He’s now short-term.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Who?
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:09 pm

Nothing to add about his condition, but I hope he can finish off the year by stringing a few games together and then be set for a solid pre-season.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:10 pm

I reckon he will be 100 per cent by finals time (if not by finals time 2016)
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:31 pm

Hope he gets back to the VFL on Saturday
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:13 pm

I'm really looking forward to seeing him play. This is a top 10 draft pick, let's remember, and while some of them fail, the odds remain good. The boy's had some issues, but we need to get him on the park and working up toward 2016. When he stepped out initially, there some good signs, and if he succeeds, having flown under the radar for so long, it'll be a windfall.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:53 am

I posted in a BF thread "who don't you want with your first pick" I chose freeman, he showed speed but he panicked under pressure, limited foot skills as well, if you just throw it on the boot at junior level not much will change at the elite level.

I thought Hine fked up at the time, haven't seen anything to change my mind either.

Hine has a lot to answer for IMO, If you cant kick you can't play mr Hine.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:37 am

Has he signed a contract?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:41 am

Defender wrote:
I posted in a BF thread "who don't you want with your first pick" I chose freeman, he showed speed but he panicked under pressure, limited foot skills as well, if you just throw it on the boot at junior level not much will change at the elite level.

I thought Hine fked up at the time, haven't seen anything to change my mind either.

Hine has a lot to answer for IMO, If you cant kick you can't play Mr Hine.

Well, no - that'd be because he's been on the park twice since the first NAB Cup game of 2014 and played injured both times, which, of course, is why he went back in for further surgery.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:18 am

His pace will be important - like to see him in the fwd pocket casing havoc with that asset. He is a hard worker so I have faith the kid will work on any deficiencies in his game.

Everything can change with purpose and effort - including poor foot skills.

I am with Dave and hope he gets on the park ASAP and can show what he has to offer. From what I recall he was the first guy to challenge Sidey in the pre-season training distance events - so the guy has a tank and not just burst speed.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:10 am

Every time I watched him in the U18's reminded me of a Hurn (who I wasn't overly wrapped with either) now captain of the needles.... give him a season in the First, then judge him.
MAGPIEAVENGER 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:19 am

Freeman should be judged in 12 months time. Give him a chance to establish himself and develop some consistency. He is not alone as Berg and Greenwood should be given 12 months to show what they are really capable of.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:38 am

MAGPIEAVENGER wrote:
Freeman should be judged in 12 months time. Give him a chance to establish himself and develop some consistency. He is not alone as Berg and Greenwood should be given 12 months to show what they are really capable of.

I think it's closer to 5 years for most draft recruits to start to show what they're capable of consistently. Greenwood's a different case as he's already had years in the system at North but as you say it does take time to settle into a new team environment.

Good luck to Freeman when he returns. Hopefully he can play out the remainder of the season and set himself up for a ripper preseason.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:42 am

jackcass wrote:
MAGPIEAVENGER wrote:

I think it's closer to 5 years for most draft recruits to start to show what they're capable of consistently. Greenwood's a different case as he's already had years in the system at North but as you say it does take time to settle into a new team environment.

Good luck to Freeman when he returns. Hopefully he can play out the remainder of the season and set himself up for a ripper preseason.

Not quite right Jackcass.
For a midfielder it is more like 3 years.
A taller player maybe 4 to 5 years.
But for both 3 years gets you a good look at how they are going.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:30 pm

thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
MAGPIEAVENGER wrote:

Not quite right Jackcass.
For a midfielder it is more like 3 years.
A taller player maybe 4 to 5 years.
But for both 3 years gets you a good look at how they are going.

You go with your beliefs, I'll stick with the word of people like Sanderson, Richardson, Hinkley (among others) who've all this year said in radio interviews it's a major step up for the new kids to adjust to and it's likely 5 years before they hit their prime and deliver as you'd like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: