Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Do fans deserve an apology for season shockers?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:41 am
Post subject: Do fans deserve an apology for season shockers?Reply with quote

Given we pay big dollars to watch football teams year in year out, in the cold and rain, day and night, making huge sacrifices to support our teams through generations. I feel some teams like Carlton , Melbourne , Essendon and even our own could extend a big apology to us fans for serving up crap piss weak hopeless season efforts like this year! Just a thought as these massively paid players and coached embark on their well earned end if season holidays !
E 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh God!

In the era of the draft/salary cap, one premiership a decade and two GF appearances is a pretty fair reward for a fan. We are less than 4 years removed from that period.

I thought the team and the coaches worked their asses off this year.

Give me an apology if they aren't trying. except for 20 minutes in the last quarter of the Richmond game, I have been under the impression that the pies have worked their asses off!!!!

How about we apologize to the players who we sledged during these last 8 weeks, even thought many of them worked their asses off without the comfort of knowing they were even going to get paid next year for it!!

mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:33 am

E wrote:
Oh God!

In the era of the draft/salary cap, one premiership a decade and two GF appearances is a pretty fair reward for a fan. We are less than 4 years removed from that period.

Give me an apology if they aren't trying. except for 20 minutes in the last quarter of the Richmond game, I have been under the impression that the pies have worked their asses off!!!!

How about we apologize to the players who we sledged during these last 8 weeks, even thought many of them worked their asses off without the comfort of knowing they were even going to get paid next year for it!!

Good response E. I thought we had a good season until we were ,once again, decimated with an injury list that no club could cover.People on this site were SCREAMING it at us all."Play the KIDS".Well,we did and they ran out of puff,as kids do. We lost a few games by a kick or 2 ,games we SHOULD have won but for our horrendous kicking. Yes ,this MUST be addressed and soon.
As far as an apology goes,I apologise on behalf of the so called "Supporters" of this club who continually denigrate our players and staff who,I'm absolutely positive, would give 100% to Collingwood,100% of the time.
And I'm sure I'll get the usual rabble saying "You don't talk for me" and "I'm a member and I'll say what I want".For those ,maybe you should rethink your choice of club.If you can sit before your keyboard and denigrate and ridicule the greatest player this club has had,then maybe,just maybe,you could go and follow Richmond.HEY!! They're in the finals.Do ya worst.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:19 am
Post subject: Re: Do fans deserve an apology for season shockers?Reply with quote

The players would be hurting just as much as the fans, I don't think an apology is needed by anyone at the club. I am sure they can apologise for letting us down but supporters don't deserve one.

You support them through it all, the good times, the bad times, etc, you accept when you start supporting a club (unless you are a bandwagoner.) that there will be times like these that you will see a poor performance.

If you are unhappy with the money spent on the club, don't spend it, you weren't forced to do that. You weren't forced to go to any game, or make any "sacrifices" those you did because you "love" the club.

I am sure if the players could write an apology letter to everyone they would, but supporters don't need an apology for this season going to shit.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:24 am

mudlark wrote:
E wrote:
Oh God!

Good response E. I thought we had a good season until we were ,once again, decimated with an injury list that no club could cover.People on this site were SCREAMING it at us all."Play the KIDS".Well,we did and they ran out of puff,as kids do. We lost a few games by a kick or 2 ,games we SHOULD have won but for our horrendous kicking. Yes ,this MUST be addressed and soon.
As far as an apology goes,I apologise on behalf of the so called "Supporters" of this club who continually denigrate our players and staff who,I'm absolutely positive, would give 100% to Collingwood,100% of the time.
And I'm sure I'll get the usual rabble saying "You don't talk for me" and "I'm a member and I'll say what I want".For those ,maybe you should rethink your choice of club.If you can sit before your keyboard and denigrate and ridicule the greatest player this club has had,then maybe,just maybe,you could go and follow Richmond.HEY!! They're in the finals.Do ya worst.

It's rare that anyone criticizes Swanny on here. Wink
mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:42 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
mudlark wrote:
E wrote:
Oh God!

It's rare that anyone criticizes Swanny on here. Wink

I guess you could just say "Insert name here. There's been a few good ones.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:38 pm
Post subject: OmgReply with quote

E wrote:
Oh God!

You can't be serious. When Footscray and Richmond are playing in the finals, and we are banished to the bottom Eight, according to the 'losing is ok brigade on Nicks' that was an acceptable result. I guess in life there are those that see failure as ok. I am disgusted to be a Collingwood fan knowing we have so called fans that think this years result is acceptable. What hope do we have. Shame on you. Loser thinking guarantees losing culture.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:01 pm
Post subject: Re: OmgReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
E wrote:
Oh God!

You can't be serious. When Footscray and Richmond are playing in the finals, and we are banished to the bottom Eight, according to the 'losing is ok brigade on Nicks' that was an acceptable result. I guess in life there are those that see failure as ok. I am disgusted to be a Collingwood fan knowing we have so called fans that think this years result is acceptable. What hope do we have. Shame on you. Loser thinking guarantees losing culture.

Hiss. I agree with what you say except for your comment that E is part of the losing is OK brigade. I'm disgusted with the performance we put up against Richmond. When Collingwood plays to lose I'll stop following Collingwood. Losing is totally unacceptable. I haven't heard Buckley or anyone else at the club say that the performance we put up against Richmond was acceptable. In fact Buckley said there would be a thorough analysis of the game to investigate what went wrong and to rectify our performance against Geelong. It's just that most of us are realists and accept that when you play inexperienced players it takes time for the players to gel together as a team.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:17 am

well

i dont know, but the players dont look like they are hurting

when i see cloke get out there night after night, or actively use some of that ridiculous salary himself to get a kicking coach, ill believe he cares.

i aint going tonight. call me a band wagonner or anything else i dont give a shit. ive sat all the way through too many horrible loses this year, im done. no way i will put up with those arrogant, shit head, disgusting puke inducing cat fans tonight.

yeah yeah we might win. meh, aint worth the risk of driving in in the cold, sitting in the cold, and coming home miserable. again.

last week was beyond pathetic. it was not acceptable.

i dont mind losing, but not trying? and dont tell me they were. they were waiting for someone else to come in and save the day.

there were a few exceptions, but not many. nothing to play for? how about $£$%^%%$ pride?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:23 am

I actually thought the Melbourne loss was worse.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:27 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I actually thought the Melbourne loss was worse.

ugh, yep, that was just plain embarrassing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: