Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pass mark for Nathan Buckley in 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

In order to gain a contract extension what does Collingwood have to achieve at a minimum in 2016?
Win a final
27%
 27%  [ 24 ]
Make finals
50%
 50%  [ 44 ]
10 or more wins
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Give him a contract extension now and reassess at the end of 2017
17%
 17%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 88

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:51 am
Post subject: Re: +1Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Robbie wrote:
Totally agree and replacing Harvey is the first priority. Harvey has done nothing as far as I'm concerned, unless you count poor kicking and overuse of the ball, essential skills.

Not agreeing or disagreeing but are you guessing/speculating here or have you got solid evidence to support your claims about Harvey?

Lazza I based my comments on recent remarks by Harvey when interviewed pre game saying he was responsible to indentify changes in the opposition game plans and advise the head coach and line coaches and offer solutions. He also said he was responsible with the head coach to developing game day strategy for the roles of various players.
So IMO if he's responsible for our game day changes or advising the head coach and line coaches he has failed so many times this season to either identify these issues or make suitable suggestions to make a difference either way it's a failure.
He is current,y completing his level 4 (I believe it's level 4) so he can be eligible for head coaching positions in the future maybe his mind is on his future not ours.

Thanks for that qldmagpie67. Makes total sense. He definitely hasn't been considered for any of the vacant senior coach positions.
Not many know that previous to Collingwood, he was an assistant coach at the scum. I wonder what happened for him to be moved on??

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It only takes a few.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:55 am

Dangles wrote:
Defender wrote:
Must go undefeated with a % of over 200, must have a minimum of 18 All Australians-the Brownlow winner-Norm Smith winner-Coleman and the rising star winner.

Moore and Marsh will still be eligible for the Rising Star, so they're a chance. A big chance.

As are Freeman, Scharenberg, Goodyear, Manteit, Abbott and Cox. Has Maynard played 10 games yet?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:58 am
Post subject: Re: +1Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Thanks for that qldmagpie67. Makes total sense. He definitely hasn't been considered for any of the vacant senior coach positions.
Not many know that previous to Collingwood, he was an assistant coach at the scum. I wonder what happened for him to be moved on??

If I remember correctly we actually sought him out.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:50 pm
Post subject: Re: Pass mark for Nathan Buckley in 2016Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

He's signed to the end of 2016 so why the need?

Coaches should stop being so precious about it and just get on with the job they're paid very well to do.

who said he is being precious about it? i still contend we extend bucks' contract so that he has three years of certainty.

i see us being closer than many think. save for winning half of those during the last 9 week period of losses we would be playing finals. spare me the reminder that we didn't. it demonstrated that we have improved considerably.

No, Johnny, i have been supportive of Bucks for a fair while now, but too retain his job, we absolutely must make the finals next season, any contract extension should not be made over the pre season, he must earn his extension, by us making the finals. He has one season to deliver the good, thats five years all up, i would not offer him any extension until, say, round 20 next year, with a finals berth locked in, if possible. If we fail to make finals, he must depart, and we bring in Bomber Thompson, a proven coach with a marvellous record. Yes, we give Bucks his chance, but next season is it, its up too him now, the ball is in his court, if we have a good run with injuries, he has no excuse, if he fails, we let him go, and move on. I hope we can make say, top six, but time will tell, and i certainly would not be exentding his tenure at this stage of the proceedings. No way known, let him earn it with a finals spot. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:14 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Coaches should stop being so precious about it and just get on with the job they're paid very well to do.

who said he is being precious about it? i still contend we extend bucks' contract so that he has three years of certainty.

i see us being closer than many think. save for winning half of those during the last 9 week period of losses we would be playing finals. spare me the reminder that we didn't. it demonstrated that we have improved considerably.

No, Johnny, i have been supportive of Bucks for a fair while now, but too retain his job, we absolutely must make the finals next season, any contract extension should not be made over the pre season, he must earn his extension, by us making the finals. He has one season to deliver the good, thats five years all up, i would not offer him any extension until, say, round 20 next year, with a finals berth locked in, if possible. If we fail to make finals, he must depart, and we bring in Bomber Thompson, a proven coach with a marvellous record. Yes, we give Bucks his chance, but next season is it, its up too him now, the ball is in his court, if we have a good run with injuries, he has no excuse, if he fails, we let him go, and move on. I hope we can make say, top six, but time will tell, and i certainly would not be exentding his tenure at this stage of the proceedings. No way known, let him earn it with a finals spot. Idea

and you will be one of the first to wail when the media start crawling all over the club and baying for blood. it is ludicrous to allow buckley to remain in limbo for the year. we have seen time and again what uncertainty can do to clubs. the club can influence the media reaction by removing the contract talk. now, this obviously would not be the key driver but it will be some factor in the decision-making. there is nothing to suggest to me that buckley is not the man to take this current group forward.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:20 pm

John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

and you will be one of the first to wail when the media start crawling all over the club and baying for blood. it is ludicrous to allow buckley to remain in limbo for the year. we have seen time and again what uncertainty can do to clubs. the club can influence the media reaction by removing the contract talk. now, this obviously would not be the key driver but it will be some factor in the decision-making. there is nothing to suggest to me that buckley is not the man to take this current group forward.

Correct. I would give Bucks an immediate 12 month extension until the end of 2017 and then evaluate where we are at the end of next year. If we have not shown considerable improvement (such as making the finals) then we would simply pay out his final year. However, if we are tracking well by the end of next year, then I'd happily give him a further 2 or 3 contract extension to the end of 2019 or 2020.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:07 pm

John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

OK, but how come other clubs can do it the other way, see how their final season pans out first, theres no real rush, the thing is, if we extend him, what if we go 8-3, then fall into an ugly heap yet again, and lose our next eight on end, again, after giving him an extension. Confused Look, i have supported bucks against those wanting his sacking now, but there is a limit, last week was just an abomination, cannot be tolerated, young team or not, and if he fails, and the media goes after him, then i have no problem with that, and i reckon deep down, even he would concede, another terrible fade out would be just about curtains for him, he would surely expect that, he is the ultimate professional footballer coach.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Anything better than 3-3 to start the season. If we start 2-4 or worse, get rid of the spud and use the remainder of the season to audition the assistant coaches.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:28 pm

^ how can you call last week an abomination and not be tolerated when all year you have supposedly preached that a developing list will have its share of unexpected, poor performances?

unlike some clubs, as you well know, anything happening at collingwood is and will always be news. mountains are made from molehills and every little thing scrutinised.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:28 pm

John Wren wrote:
^ how can you call last week an abomination and not be tolerated when all year you have supposedly preached that a developing list will have its share of unexpected, poor performances?

unlike some clubs, as you well know, anything happening at collingwood is and will always be news. mountains are made from molehills and every little thing scrutinised.

johnny, sure i can handle big losses by young teams, but last week was just below par on every level, coaching, kicking, tackling, not minding their men, a pathetic and insipid performance from the whole team, no guts, no trying, just ran up the white flag, a poor performance i can tolerate, like the loss against the deees, but that was just a disgusting non effort, i feel sorry for the fans who sat thru it, really set the club back reeling on all levels. yes, i know we cop media flak, but we sell papers, the media love us in good times and bad. If we put in a good effort against the cats, i will reserve my opinion on the coach, hold my fire, see how we go. Cool

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:50 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
... If we put in a good effort against the cats, i will reserve my opinion on the coach, hold my fire, see how we go.

PnC, the points you and John Wren raise in the complete posts above are very valid. My tolerance level was totally SHREDDED last week.
I refuse to cop players on the money these blokes are on, putting in efforts like that. But hey, they still get paid; no written-warnings applicable here.
There fukking well should be. In fact, there should be a 10+goal clause in their contracts; any losses by those margins equals "no play, no pay..."

Couldn't believe only two changes to that selected side tonight, from last week. Absolutely dumbfounding.

Dyso

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:47 am

NOTHING is enough!
The only reason he is still there is the absolute stupidity of members who aren't heading for the Holden Centre with pitchforks and lit brands!
4 years!!!
we've gone from minor premier in MMs last two years, we were NOT told to expect ANYTHING except a continuation of same, and yet we've gone to 4th 7th 11th and now what? 12?
After proving he couldn’t coach quite conclusively in his first two seasons, he & the bullshit artists at CFC came up with "rebuilding" and "5 year plans"!

The most amazing part of it all is that you morons keep believing it!!!!

Who wants to bet their house we do no better next year!? If things go really well its 7th and out in week 1, if not its 15th and Swan and Pendles are a year older!

WHATEVER happens they’ve cost us 2 flags and allowed Carlton and Essendon a years head start!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:01 am

35forever wrote:
NOTHING is enough!
The only reason he is still there is the absolute stupidity of members who aren't heading for the Holden Centre with pitchforks and lit brands!
4 years!!!
we've gone from minor premier in MMs last two years, we were NOT told to expect ANYTHING except a continuation of same, and yet we've gone to 4th 7th 11th and now what? 12?
After proving he couldn’t coach quite conclusively in his first two seasons, he & the bullshit artists at CFC came up with "rebuilding" and "5 year plans"!

Who wants to bet their house we do no better next year!? If things go really well its 7th and out in week 1, if not its 15th and Swan and Pendles are a year older!

WHATEVER happens they’ve cost us 2 flags and allowed Carlton and Essendon a years head start!

if anything carlton and essendon have done their level best to set themselves back years.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:37 pm

35forever wrote:
NOTHING is enough!
4 years!!!

point me to the five year plan and when the term "rebuild" was used?

2012 and 2013 were used to clean the place out. 2014 should have been year 1 of the next tilt but injuries ravaged the team. we're possibly a year behind where we should be. i welcome any contract extension and look forward to seeing us prosper in the coming years. it's shame you always need to be so negative about our prospects but that's for you to deal with.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: