Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pass mark for Nathan Buckley in 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

In order to gain a contract extension what does Collingwood have to achieve at a minimum in 2016?
Win a final
27%
 27%  [ 24 ]
Make finals
50%
 50%  [ 44 ]
10 or more wins
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Give him a contract extension now and reassess at the end of 2017
17%
 17%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 88

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
JA

1. The poll response option states "Give him a contract extension now and reassess at the end of 2017"
This clearly implies give him a 1 year extension right now.
The 'reassess at the end of 2017' is unnecessary commentary, agreed.
This does not make the question flawed.

Are you a public servant or law-clerk?
Geebers!

2. WTF? - its the version that pays you $20,000-00 per week whilst you are performing. We are not talking minimum wage. And Im sure he can cover his Coaches' Union Subs.

3. Don't worry you not only qualify, you are in the running for President!

Reassessing at the end of 2017 isn't "unnecessary commentary" at all and is merely a reflection of the mindset that I believe many people who believe in giving him a contract extension now have expressed on Nick's.

Given he is contracted till the end of 2016 I don't see the point of giving him an extension now only to "reassess at the end of 2016".

If you want to reassess at the end of 2016 then surely you let his current contract play out and make a decision then on whether he should remain coach of Collingwood.

Actually continuous growth and improvement comes from regular structured review. More common than not for employees in this day and age to be subjected to 1/2 yearly reviews at a minimum. So assessment of performance is completely independent of contract durations and irrespective of his tenure he and the entire football department should expect a full review at the end of each season.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:18 pm

extend to 2018.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:20 pm

In about 12 months time the list will have roughly the same game and age averages it had when we won 2010 flag. Granted they were one of the youngest teams to ever win it, so I'll just say that we have to play finals next year. If we don't the only way Bucks will keep his job is if injuries or heaven forbid tragedy derails us.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:20 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
JA

1. The poll response option states "Give him a contract extension now and reassess at the end of 2017"
This clearly implies give him a 1 year extension right now.
The 'reassess at the end of 2017' is unnecessary commentary, agreed.
This does not make the question flawed.

Are you a public servant or law-clerk?
Geebers!

2. WTF? - its the version that pays you $20,000-00 per week whilst you are performing. We are not talking minimum wage. And Im sure he can cover his Coaches' Union Subs.

3. Don't worry you not only qualify, you are in the running for President!

1. A Collingwood supporter, nothing else is relevant to this forum. And I'm happy with my assessment that it's flawed but thanks anyway.
2. Again deflection.
3. Wow, I'd better get myself a campaign director...
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:23 pm

Dangles wrote:
In about 12 months time the list will have roughly the same game and age averages it had when we won 2010 flag. Granted they were one of the youngest teams to ever win it, so I'll just say that we have to play finals next year. If we don't the only way Bucks will keep his job is if injuries or heaven forbid tragedy derails us.

My expectation is that we'll play finals in 2016, but that's not to say that we have to. Way too many variables that will play out along the journey.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:26 pm

Dangles wrote:

i almost believe we pinched that flag and that 2011 was the year we were primed.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:47 pm

jackcass wrote:
Dangles wrote:

My expectation is that we'll play finals in 2016, but that's not to say that we have to. Way too many variables that will play out along the journey.

Goals and aspirations versus reality and intangibles as always.

I would think that a goal of making the finals will be utmost in the coaches' and team's minds next year. Very high likelihood of success.
Whether they actually achieve the goal or not is a total unknown at this stage. Variables and intangibles are bloody hard to predict at any time with any conceivable accuracy.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:14 pm
Post subject: Re: +1Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Robbie wrote:
Totally agree and replacing Harvey is the first priority. Harvey has done nothing as far as I'm concerned, unless you count poor kicking and overuse of the ball, essential skills.

Not agreeing or disagreeing but are you guessing/speculating here or have you got solid evidence to support your claims about Harvey?

Lazza I based my comments on recent remarks by Harvey when interviewed pre game saying he was responsible to indentify changes in the opposition game plans and advise the head coach and line coaches and offer solutions. He also said he was responsible with the head coach to developing game day strategy for the roles of various players.
So IMO if he's responsible for our game day changes or advising the head coach and line coaches he has failed so many times this season to either identify these issues or make suitable suggestions to make a difference either way it's a failure.
He is current,y completing his level 4 (I believe it's level 4) so he can be eligible for head coaching positions in the future maybe his mind is on his future not ours.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:32 pm

I think we had a couple of resets in regards to were we thought we would be from 2012 going forward.

Bucks cleaned out players more than I think he had originally envisaged.
Ball's injuries towards the end Jolly form falling off quickly Dawes going Wellingham Going Johno's retirement Didak's injury etc
That left us unsettled in 2013 and building new structures and game plans to suit the players we were playing.
Entering 2013 we picked up a couple list fillers I believe the brains trust thought would be more than handy in White and Young neither now could be considered a complete success.
2014 was lost on the back on massive injury toll. It wouldn't matter if the great Jock McHale was coach we wouldn't have fired to many more bullets than we did playing so many inexperienced players in each line. It may in time be the catalyst for our next premiership tilt getting games into them before they were truly ready both physically and mentally.
At the end of 2014 we lost Beams and whether your a fan of his or not he had been a very consistent performer and took a fair bit of pressure of Pendles.
2015 has been an improvement for mine on what we saw on 2013/14. While our W/L record may be similar I think we have closed the gap between us and the top echelon on the comp. we've lost 6 games under 2 goals with any luck or decent umpiring decision or 2 or some better than seen goal kicking performances we could easily be 12-24 points further advanced on the table and playing finals and we wouldn't be having this conversation.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:28 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I think we had a couple of resets in regards to were we thought we would be from 2012 going forward.

Ball's injuries towards the end Jolly form falling off quickly Dawes going Wellingham Going Johno's retirement Didak's injury etc
That left us unsettled in 2013 and building new structures and game plans to suit the players we were playing.
Entering 2013 we picked up a couple list fillers I believe the brains trust thought would be more than handy in White and Young neither now could be considered a complete success.
2014 was lost on the back on massive injury toll. It wouldn't matter if the great Jock McHale was coach we wouldn't have fired to many more bullets than we did playing so many inexperienced players in each line. It may in time be the catalyst for our next premiership tilt getting games into them before they were truly ready both physically and mentally.
At the end of 2014 we lost Beams and whether your a fan of his or not he had been a very consistent performer and took a fair bit of pressure of Pendles.
2015 has been an improvement for mine on what we saw on 2013/14. While our W/L record may be similar I think we have closed the gap between us and the top echelon on the comp. we've lost 6 games under 2 goals with any luck or decent umpiring decision or 2 or some better than seen goal kicking performances we could easily be 12-24 points further advanced on the table and playing finals and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

So true.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:53 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Pretty good thumb nail description of our situation.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:36 am

jackcass wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Pretty good thumb nail description of our situation.

Jackcass & Rudei get as frustrated as the next supporter at times but at the end of the day when you sit down and be fair things aren't as grim as they appear.
I think the exodus of players Bucks planned went a lot further than he first thought on the basis I think he wanted to change some culture but didn't want to gut a side so heavily.
2013 was like a treading water year we didn't fall backwards massively but we didn't improve either. What we did do was introduce players into a new system and style and got games into younger players.
2014 was a shocker on many levels. Injury killed us at every turn. Anyone who thinks the fitness guys or Bucks are responsible need to really get out of the closet some more. I think they went hard on the fitness and a lot of players suffered soft tissue on the back but everyone knew we weren't anywhere near fit enough. Same year Mitchell & Rioli both missed huge chunks of the season with soft tissue so it happens at every club but the Hawks got them back in time to win a flag.
As I said Beams was a huge lose he took a lot of pressure off Pendles. I think long term we are the winner in the deal but you can't expect DeGoey & Crisp to come straight in and have the same impact as Beams did.
I also think it has affected Sidey to a degree as well.
Time will tell on a lot of the younger players but most "experts" you listen to will tell you the majority of players need 60-80 games before they fell comfortable at AFL level. So we are starting to head into that territory now.
I'm more of a stay the course type person huge upheaval and constant chopping and changing coaches doesn't work look at Carlton.
In my open letter I didn't question the players desire nor did I question the path we had taken it was mainly aimed at our skills, structure and game style and the players ability to follow it continually as well as were the assistants and line coaches giving the head coach every chance to succeed.
Jury still out on some of them questions.
I would rather we go 1 contract to many with Bucks then bring in a outsider to reap the rewards this pain will bring long term.
If anyone thinks the likes of Moore, DeGoey, Crisp, Scharenberg, Langdon, Elliott, Frost, Grundy, Freeman, Marsh etc aren't an exciting group then they don't know football.
Just to need to add a couple finishing touches get the skills up to AFL level and then we will be a finals team for a decent time and if we get lucky with injuries a premiership chance.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:28 am

Must go undefeated with a % of over 200, must have a minimum of 18 All Australians-the Brownlow winner-Norm Smith winner-Coleman and the rising star winner.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:31 am

See you later!
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:51 am

Defender wrote:
Must go undefeated with a % of over 200, must have a minimum of 18 All Australians-the Brownlow winner-Norm Smith winner-Coleman and the rising star winner.

Moore and Marsh will still be eligible for the Rising Star, so they're a chance. A big chance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: