Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Assistant coaches

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:16 pm
Post subject: Assistant coachesReply with quote

With Bucks firmly entrenched as our senior coach, for next season and hopefully for a few more years beyond that, I wonder if we could do with a bit of a shake up of our assistants? I honestly don't know much about how they've performed, and obviously only those in the club can make those calls, but nevertheless I think it's good to freshen things up every year or so by bringing in fresh ideas.

Of our current assistants, I really only know of Harvey, Burns, Hart and Pebbles. My only issue, fwiw, is that both Harvey and Burns strike me as being rather humorless individuals. Given Bucks' reputation (correct or not) for sternness, I reckon it would be good to bring in another voice; someone who can relieve the pressure occasionally with a bit of humor. Importantly, someone who would be strong enough to challenge Bucks and question strategy etc. The last thing we need are a group of sycophants (not that I'm saying that's what we've got) engaging in Group Think. Someone like Choco Williams would be a great fit I reckon, though he's probably committed to seeing a Premiership hoisted at Punt Rd. Personally i'd like Bomber Thomson, though his presence would immediately lead the media to start a whispering campaign to have him take over from Bucks, so that would not work well. What do others think?
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Akermanis sounds like the cure for the ills of which you speak.i also heard someone on SEN talking about Donald McDonald last year and how they couldn't believe he'd never been a senior coach. After they read out McDonald's resume I couldn't believe it eitheir. Luke Hodge might even be an option if he retires at the end of the year. If not, he might be an option at the end of next year.

Last edited by Dangles on Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:41 pm

you are forgetting steve grace (ex freo) who is our forwards coach. pebs is our forwards development coach, tarks is our midfield dev coach and craig mccrae is the backs dev coach. in addition to this, you have burns as the mids coach, hart is defence and harvey, the senior assistant. they all appear to get on well with each other. unless you are with them it's hard to judge how they interact as a group.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:43 pm

Presti would be a good humour circuit breaker
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:45 pm

Tarks and Rocca should be moved on. We need some fresh blood in the mix and they have had their superannuation topped up.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:49 pm
Post subject: Re: Assistant coachesReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
My only issue, fwiw, is that both Harvey and Burns strike me as being rather humorless individuals.

I don't know much about Harvey but mate from my experience, Burns has a great sense of humour and is a fun personality. Met him quite a few times at the Collingwood Season Launches and he has been very funny in his comments about the habits of certain players.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:54 pm

Two football people just cut from their club --a coach /a fitness person
Dean Laidley and David Buttifant ,both ex. employee,s.
Nah!!

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:06 pm

on the flipside, if they did demonstrate instances of having a laugh they'd just as likely to be chastised for not being serious enough. Confused Rolling Eyes Laughing
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:21 pm

Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
My only issue, fwiw, is that both Harvey and Burns strike me as being rather humorless individuals.

I don't know much about Harvey but mate from my experience, Burns has a great sense of humour and is a fun personality. Met him quite a few times at the Collingwood Season Launches and he has been very funny in his comments about the habits of certain players.

Glad to hear it Lazza. My post was not intended as a criticism of any of our assistants, but rather a discussion about how fresh ideas can be best introduced into the coaching mix.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:24 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
My post was not intended as a criticism of any of our assistants, but rather a discussion about how fresh ideas can be best introduced into the coaching mix.

i think we need to implore the club to force the coaches to read nick's, bigfooty and hotrods prior to selecting the team. that would work.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:29 pm

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
My post was not intended as a criticism of any of our assistants, but rather a discussion about how fresh ideas can be best introduced into the coaching mix.

i think we need to implore the club to force the coaches to read nick's, bigfooty and hotrods prior to selecting the team. that would work.

Put it this way JW, it wouldn't hurt........ Rolling Eyes

Sometimes they get caught up in their ivory towers and need to hear from grass roots levels. Would be a very good thing in my view.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:31 pm

Bring in Tredrea and Darren Meade!

www.facebook/the hybernators
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:33 pm

Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Sometimes they get caught up in their ivory towers and need to hear from grass roots levels. Would be a very good thing in my view.

Anyone who dares question the chosen one is immediately sent packing.
They are probably just hanging on, or trying to get out.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:49 pm

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Ballot selection by any other name...
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:50 pm

Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Would do their heads in I'd reckon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: