Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kreuzer to Pies??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

neil wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
neil wrote:
woftam wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Magpie-Pep wrote:
forward to 2017.....

"grundy and witts are best 1-2 ruck combination in the comp".....

FULL STOP..

The potential is definitely there. A lot will need to go right however. They are already doing OK in the hitouts department. Mainly I just want to see them holding a few more marks, so they can have some impact around the ground.

It will come Rudeboy. In a couple of years we will be reaping the benefit of giving them so much senior experience.

This is why any talk of trading Witts is insane
You trade from areas you have extra players not a shortage.
Trade Witts and then recruit a ruckman is a no win situation

It could easily be under the right circumstances.

Witts for Carlisle as an example.

Kreuzer for nothing via F/A.

A rapidly developing Cox in reserve.

Our side would be stronger next year IMO if that was to occur.

Any plan that depends on an international recruit who has played about 16 VFL games as the total Australian rules games has a major flaw. I hope Cox can make it but will never support making any recruiting/trading plans that depend on him having a successful AFL career.

You've overlooked the part where we draft a ruck choice for nothing in terms of F/A or a cheap alternative via the draft.

With no Witts again this week I'm starting to think he could already be earmarked for trade should the right deal present itself or has already done so.

Witts part of the Treloar deal.

Witts for Carlisle.

Witts for a top 15 pick.

Witts for S.Reid.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:45 pm

swoop42 wrote:
neil wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
neil wrote:
woftam wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Magpie-Pep wrote:
forward to 2017.....

FULL STOP..

The potential is definitely there. A lot will need to go right however. They are already doing OK in the hitouts department. Mainly I just want to see them holding a few more marks, so they can have some impact around the ground.

It will come Rudeboy. In a couple of years we will be reaping the benefit of giving them so much senior experience.

Any plan that depends on an international recruit who has played about 16 VFL games as the total Australian rules games has a major flaw. I hope Cox can make it but will never support making any recruiting/trading plans that depend on him having a successful AFL career.

You've overlooked the part where we draft a ruck choice for nothing in terms of F/A or a cheap alternative via the draft.

With no Witts again this week I'm starting to think he could already be earmarked for trade should the right deal present itself or has already done so.

Witts for Carlisle.

Witts for a top 15 pick.

Witts for S.Reid.

I would do any of the above. Not that I don't see upside in Witts but one characteristic that is obvious with Jarrod since he started is he "doesn't want to hurt/kill" his opponents. Players of a commensurate body shape/size like Mumford have this trait and Jarrod strikes me as a less talented Wes Fellowes circa 1986.

The Sam Reid trade makes some sense: unite with his brother, he can swing back or forward and is still young enough with a better attitude than Carlisle

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:22 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Witts for Carlisle.

Witts for a top 15 pick.

Witts for S.Reid.

Witts is the one asset that could really open up our trading options. He will definitely have value but is not our first choice ruck. If we could sign a free agent ruck to replace him then trading him becomes very plausible.

With at least two clear trading targets (Treloar and Aish) we will be looking at our options and trading Witts would be one of those especially as he is from NSW.

Next year is a massive one for this club and I expect us to be going hard in the off-season to fill out our list. Given that there are things we need more than an extra ruck (another developing tall forward, classy mids), I do feel that Witts may be tradeable.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:22 pm

swoop42 wrote:
neil wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
neil wrote:
woftam wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Magpie-Pep wrote:
forward to 2017.....

FULL STOP..

Witts for Carlisle.

Witts for a top 15 pick.

Witts for S.Reid.

Care to list these tremendous readily available ruckmen via F/A or cheaply via the draft

If Witts is so valuable as a top 15 pick why get rid of him?

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:26 pm

^^Thread title: "Kreuzer to Pies??"

And why get rid of him? He's not our first choice first ruck, so essentially he's a backup player if we're not playing two rucks (the Witts-Grundy combo has not looked good so far). If we can fill a gap by trading him then it would make sense to do so.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:51 pm

HE wont come, as if little twerp smiley face Bolton would let him come too us, or anywhere,for that matter. ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:55 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Witts for Carlisle.

Witts for a top 15 pick.

Witts for S.Reid.

Witts is the one asset that could really open up our trading options. He will definitely have value but is not our first choice ruck. If we could sign a free agent ruck to replace him then trading him becomes very plausible.

With at least two clear trading targets (Treloar and Aish) we will be looking at our options and trading Witts would be one of those especially as he is from NSW.

Next year is a massive one for this club and I expect us to be going hard in the off-season to fill out our list. Given that there are things we need more than an extra ruck (another developing tall forward, classy mids), I do feel that Witts may be tradeable.

Once again, a very sober, rational, balanced, considered and logical contribution from you inky. Cool
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:14 pm

Always passionately rational Wink.
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:25 pm

Do we know if the AFL plan on reducing the amount of rotations again next year?

Personally I can't see how two genuine first rucks will work in the 22 unless they are viable forward options if the rotations cap gets reduced further.

More running ability and using as many of your rotations as possible on those players will be the likely way things go.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:34 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Do we know if the AFL plan on reducing the amount of rotations again next year?

Personally I can't see how two genuine first rucks will work in the 22 unless they are viable forward options if the rotations cap gets reduced further.

More running ability and using as many of your rotations as possible on those players will be the likely way things go.

It's alright, I'm sure they'll announce this before the start of the season with at least a day's notice!

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:40 pm

Another thing.

With the introduction of F/A, future trading and overseas talent identification becoming more wide spread it's going to be increasingly easier to manoeuver rucks to your club when required.

With the way the game is heading also clubs will increasingly be looking for slightly undersized but more mobile ruck/forward options like Martin.

McKernan at Essendon another example of a low cost recruit who at 25 is having a career best season and might well improve again next year.

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:38 pm

Kreuzer wanted to play at Collingwood before carlscum picked him up. He barracked for us as a kid.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:43 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Another thing.

With the introduction of F/A, future trading and overseas talent identification becoming more wide spread it's going to be increasingly easier to manoeuver rucks to your club when required.

With the way the game is heading also clubs will increasingly be looking for slightly undersized but more mobile ruck/forward options like Martin.

McKernan at Essendon another example of a low cost recruit who at 25 is having a career best season and might well improve again next year.

mckernan has played two semi decent games for essendon. labelling it career best is a bit of a stretch.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:50 pm

No, no & no.

Did I mention no?

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:03 am

inxs88 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Witts for Carlisle.

Witts for a top 15 pick.

Witts for S.Reid.

I would do any of the above. Not that I don't see upside in Witts but one characteristic that is obvious with Jarrod since he started is he "doesn't want to hurt/kill" his opponents. Players of a commensurate body shape/size like Mumford have this trait and Jarrod strikes me as a less talented Wes Fellowes circa 1986.

The Sam Reid trade makes some sense: unite with his brother, he can swing back or forward and is still young enough with a better attitude than Carlisle

Spreading Witts a bit thin but hard to argue that's not good value.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 7 of 28   

Jump to: