Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kreuzer to Pies??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bits from his bio in Footywire:

2008 - 20 games

Quote:
Tuesday, 25 November 2008
Matthew Kreuzer is confident his hip complaint will not cause him any future problems after successful post-season surgery.

2009 - 23 games
2010 - 13 games

Quote:
Saturday, 19 June 2010
Carlton ruckman Matthew Kreuzer's season is over after rupturing his arterior cruciate ligament in the clash against Fremantle at Etihad Stadium.

"We will look at all options available and make a decision in conjunction with Matthew and the medical team on the best treatment for Matthew's long term recovery," football operations manager Steven Icke said.

2011 - 12 games
2012 - 20 games

Quote:
Sunday, 1 July 2012
Dr Peter Larkins says Blue Matthew Kreuzer will always be hampered by surgery he had when first recruited and is currently not fit enough to play in the ruck on a full time basis.

"I'd just like to remind people that he had surgery on his left hip and his right hip when he was recruited … which I thought was always going to limit how much he'd get out of a big body over the course of a 10-year career," Larkins said.

"Then he had a reconstruction of his left knee with some tendon out of his right knee. He had troubles in the reconstructed knee again last year and had surgery again on that to deal with some scar tissue."

2013 - 17 games

Quote:
Saturday, 13 April 2013
Matthew Kreuzer will miss the next six to eight weeks of football after breaking his thumb against the Cats during the Blues' 16-point loss in round 3.

2014 - 1 game

Quote:
Thursday, 27 March 2014
Carlton may be forced to explore different treatments on Matthew Kreuzer's nagging foot injury if it fails to heal through rest.

Quote:
Thursday, 3 April 2014
Matthew Kreuzer will have a second piece of surgery on his injured foot and is expected to be sidelined for at least the next three months.

Quote:
Monday, 1 December 2014
Carlton Mick Malthouse says Matthew Kreuzer is on track in his return from foot surgery.

2015 - 11 games*
resumed Round 10

Quote:
Monday, 16 February 2015
Carlton has been dealt a big blow with ruckman Matthew Kreuzer to miss the opening rounds of the 2015 season following a setback to his troublesome foot.

Quote:
Friday, 20 February 2015
Matthew Kreuzer has not given up playing in the early rounds of the season despite suffering another foot fracture.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:48 am

^ The guy's body is a mess. A big NO THANKS!

Not that I'd even consider another ruck option, we'll do just fine with what we have.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:49 am

RudeBoy wrote:
The more I think about it the more it makes sense.

Kreuzer is a ready made top line ruckman and at a club like ours a clear match winner. Grundy is a future top ruckman. Meanwhile Cox is progressing faster than expected. That leaves Witts as possible trade bait.

I like it.

Cox will never be an good option in the ruck for the pies. Keep Witts.

mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:36 am

Kruezer is way more talented than Witts.
People are kidding themselves if they think Wittsy is going to be any good.
Bloke hasn't taken an overhead mark this season.

He is an awful kick and his work at ground level leaves a bit to be desired.
Yes he is young, but let's trade him while we can.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:47 am

mattdally wrote:

I somewhat agree, let's trade Witts if we can get overs for him.

Let's do nothing else but trade players for other players. Wink
mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:51 am

Package up Witts in the Treloar deal with a pick. Grundy / Kruezer is much more formidable than Grundy / Witts.

Cox will still need to develop in the VFL but White / Moore can chop out in the ruck if need be.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:57 am

mattys123 wrote:
mattdally wrote:

I somewhat agree, let's trade Witts if we can get overs for him.

Let's do nothing else but trade players for other players. Wink

matty, you think we night be better off trading for cheese sangers?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:08 am

Greg Denham was talking to Hungry this morning and discussing an article he wrote in The Australian (published overnight) to the effect that Richmond have emerged as the main suitors for Kreuzer. I've found the article but it's behind a paywall, so I won't bother with a link.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:15 am

Richmond have emerged as the main suitors for Carlton free agent Matthew Kreuzer, who earlier this year put off contract talks until the end of the season.

Kreuzer is managed by Elite Sports Properties, which has a link to the Tigers through former ESP player agent Dan Richardson, now Richmond’s general manager of football operations.

The ruckman, who was the first selection in the 2007 national draft, has always indicated his preference was to remain with the Blues after a horrendous run of injuries, particularly stress fractures to the foot.

He has been restricted to just 12 games over the past two seasons.

Carlton this week declared him as good as locked away and Kreuzer himself said earlier last month he would like to be a one-club player.

“It would be great to spend the whole time at Carlton,” he said. “There is a great bunch of boys there … so it’s just a great club.”

However, after returning to play in the club’s past 11 games, Kreuzer was surprisingly coy about his future this week, one day before Carlton officially announced that Brendon Bolton would be their new coach.

Kreuzer, 26, signed a two-year contract extension in June 2012, taking him up to the end of this year and providing him with the eligibility to explore free agency.

On Monday, he did little to quash speculation that he could be leaving by saying he had not given much thought to a new contract.

When asked if he could see himself playing anywhere else next year, he said: “It’s tough to say, but at the moment it’s just about me continuing to play ­football.

“I just want to get through (the remaining two games). It was my main goal since I got back playing, and we’ll sit down at the end of the year and work it out.

“It’s been tough for me over the past two years — I haven’t really thought about it — the main focus for me has been just getting back on the park.’’

AFL TEAMS: Round 25

After returning to form foll­owing his long layoff, he failed to mention his future at Carlton beyond this season.

The Blues and ESP were scheduled to meet last month in what Carlton believed was their first step in stitching up a contract extension for their No 1 ruckman.

Carlton chief executive Steven Trigg on Tuesday said the Blues were “working through” Kreuzer’s next deal.

“To the Carlton supporters who are anxious, don’t be anxious because we’ve had good conversations with Matthew in the last 10 days before a bit of conjecture bubbled up,” Trigg said.

“Matthew is as happy as a lark at Carlton and wants to stay and we want him to stay, and we’ll get it fixed.”

Earlier, Collingwood forward Travis Cloke said he would love to see Kreuzer in black and white.

“I wouldn’t mind him in the centre and also down forward as well,” Cloke said.

“I actually get along with him pretty well and he’s a good bloke.

“He’s an exceptional footballer. We’ve probably forgotten how good he is until the last couple of weeks. I reckon if he was in black and white he’d be a 10 times better footballer.”

In eight seasons, Kreuzer has played just 117 senior games, and over the past six years his best ­season tally was 20 matches in 2012.

He returned to top form against Melbourne last weekend with 22 hit outs, three goals, five tackles and 17 disposals.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:16 am

roar wrote:
The kid can play but I'd be worried about his body not holding up to the rigours of afl.

Didn't stop Keating having an impact in GFs.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:54 am

jackcass wrote:
roar wrote:
The kid can play but I'd be worried about his body not holding up to the rigours of afl.

But you have a footballer with at best two or three years ahead of him before he retires.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:02 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
jackcass wrote:
roar wrote:

But you have a footballer with at best two or three years ahead of him before he retires.

He turned 26 earlier this year.

PS: I'm not committed either way to getting Kreuzer. Just think the concerns about his body are a little overstated and that if we did get him then that would allow broader discussion about the possibility of trading out a player like Witts which I wouldn't even entertain otherwise.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:20 pm

swoop42 wrote:
neil wrote:
woftam wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Magpie-Pep wrote:
forward to 2017.....

"grundy and witts are best 1-2 ruck combination in the comp".....

FULL STOP..

The potential is definitely there. A lot will need to go right however. They are already doing OK in the hitouts department. Mainly I just want to see them holding a few more marks, so they can have some impact around the ground.

It will come Rudeboy. In a couple of years we will be reaping the benefit of giving them so much senior experience.

This is why any talk of trading Witts is insane
You trade from areas you have extra players not a shortage.
Trade Witts and then recruit a ruckman is a no win situation

It could easily be under the right circumstances.

Witts for Carlisle as an example.

Kreuzer for nothing via F/A.

A rapidly developing Cox in reserve.

Our side would be stronger next year IMO if that was to occur.

Any plan that depends on an international recruit who has played about 16 VFL games as the total Australian rules games has a major flaw. I hope Cox can make it but will never support making any recruiting/trading plans that depend on him having a successful AFL career.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:08 pm

neil wrote:
Any plan that depends on an international recruit who has played about 16 VFL games as the total Australian rules games has a major flaw. I hope Cox can make it but will never support making any recruiting/trading plans that depend on him having a successful AFL career.

Ditto, way too risky.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:15 pm

Why would Richmond want Kreuzer with Maric, Griffiths and Vickery?

Are we in a bidding war with Richmond like the 80's again?

First Treloar now Kreuzer.

LOL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 6 of 28   

Jump to: