Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kreuzer to Pies??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Deja Vu wrote:
Taken from the same article:

"It's pretty simple," club president Eddie McGuire told Fairfax Media. "The kid wants to come to Collingwood."
McGuire scoffed at industry scuttlebutt, which reached the highest levels of AFL headquarters, that he had offered Treloar's partner, Kelsey, a position with McGuire Media.
"If that was what she wanted and we had arranged it, it would have gone to Ken Wood and been ticked off under the TPP," said McGuire. "But it's categorically wrong. It's not happening, never was. I can't even get Dane Swan to do a spot on my radio show for $150 without it being queried."
The Tigers offered the Giants two first-round draft picks for Treloar and believed that Richmond was his club of preference. List manager Blair Hartley has remained in contact with the talented young midfielder while the issue was taken to the chief executive level when Brendon Gale contacted Dave Matthews to query the GWS rebuff.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-out-of-race-for-matthew-kreuzer-20150915-gjngh7.html#ixzz3lnnhXZml
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

The Witch is String up Trouble that she has No Idea about

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:38 pm

jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Regardless of Collingwood's preference, I wonder what Witts' intention may be, now that he appears to be destined to play second fiddle to the younger Grundy. Now that Moore has shown he can play as our forward/ruck, there doesn't seem to be a spot for Witts alongside Grundy.

I doubt anyone at the club has said to either Grundy or Witts that they'll be the number 1 ruck in 2016. Let's see what honest open competition does for their development over the preseason.

They don't need to say anything. Actions speak louder than words. The fact that Grundy assumed the number one ruck position this year, with Witts playing virtually the entire 2nd half of the season in the ressies says it all.

Assumption the mother of all fluck ups! Any number of reasons Grundy played late in season without jumping to the conclusion it confirms he's got the no1 ruck position locked away.

we have two number one rucks who will become a headache for oppo teams for years to come.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:48 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Whatever happens Colingwood, please DON'T trade Witts. It will come back to bite us on the bum.

These words he speaks are true, Comrade Lazza never speaks with a forked tongue, as the great Chief Crazy Horse would say. Cool

I think it was Confucius who once said "he who speaks with forked tongue should never kiss balloon". Rolling Eyes

NEW boy Malcolm Turnbull may have to heed Confucius advice. Razz Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:49 pm

That is only what you think.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:21 pm

Finally some common sence!!!!

What were they thinking.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:13 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Geek wrote:
^ I'm happy to have Jessie White as the 2nd ruck. He can be a bit of a spud but we do seem to play better with him in the side.

Moore has already gone past White for that Position

Apart from Grundy and Moore, there are 20 other spots in the team, DTM. Wink

And while Dave wants it to be so, Moore hasn't yet gone past White. Another preseason and he very well might, but incorrect to say it's happened already.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:23 pm

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Regardless of Collingwood's preference, I wonder what Witts' intention may be, now that he appears to be destined to play second fiddle to the younger Grundy. Now that Moore has shown he can play as our forward/ruck, there doesn't seem to be a spot for Witts alongside Grundy.

I doubt anyone at the club has said to either Grundy or Witts that they'll be the number 1 ruck in 2016. Let's see what honest open competition does for their development over the preseason.

They don't need to say anything. Actions speak louder than words. The fact that Grundy assumed the number one ruck position this year, with Witts playing virtually the entire 2nd half of the season in the ressies says it all.

Assumption the mother of all fluck ups! Any number of reasons Grundy played late in season without jumping to the conclusion it confirms he's got the no1 ruck position locked away.

we have two number one rucks who will become a headache for oppo teams for years to come.

I agree, good for the club.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:41 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Awww shit. Caro reckons we're out of the race for Cruiser.

Quote:
Matthew Kreuzer's failure to satisfy Collingwood's medical team that his body would justify the massive four-year contract the Magpies had put on the table appears to have had a domino effect across the forthcoming trade period.
The Magpies have withdrawn the reported $2.4 million deal put forward to the Carlton ruckman, a contract offer that had the Blues lining up for a generous compensation pick that could have become pivotal in the Magpies' Adam Treloar agreement. Kreuzer now seems almost certain to stay with the Blues.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-out-of-race-for-matthew-kreuzer-20150915-gjngh7.html#ixzz3lnkUglQo
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

With her track record, we must be just about to sign him.

Laughing Laughing

pablo 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:27 am

Yes Yes Yes!!!

I have said it on every thread possible!

I am a big Grundy fan, but I think Witts has the higher potential to be the dominant ruckman of the competition within a few years.
He held is own against Sandilands earlier this year.
He had some strong games.
He is 22 and a few years off peaking.
He refuses to leave Collingwood (WE NEED THAT LOYALTY).
His body is robust, although he needs to eat like Mumford over the next couple of years.

I've said it before.... If it comes down to a choice between Treloar and Witts, I implore the club to choose Witts. The Witts v Kreuzer was a no brainer.... what were they thinking?!

Thank you medical staff!

noddy, Aries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:45 am

this whole kreuzer thing is a joke created by the afl rules. carlton are lowballing him in the hope that someone will take him and they'll get a top 2 draft pick that's worth a hell of a lot more than keeping him. same as melbourne pretending that they were unhappy that frawley left last year.

if you've got a car worth $50k and the insurance company insists on giving you a replacement value of $200k, then you're going to park it everywhere with the keys in and the windows down and hope that someone takes the bloody thing.

c'mon AFL - demetriou's gone now. you don't have to pretend that you never make mistakes and yell at anyone who suggests that something mightn't be right. just change it now. no compensation picks or at the least, they don't start until round 2.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:28 pm

SO, let me get this straight, Witts is staying, right ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:57 pm

^ depends on if he is leaving.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:09 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
SO, let me get this straight, Witts is staying, right ??

Depends on whether we have driven this issue to our Witts end or the club is in Kreuser control mode at the moment.... Twisted Evil Razz Laughing

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:43 pm

Come on guys. Do you really believe we were ever after Kreuzer????

Pretty obvious to me that this was another of Eddie's clever ruse's to destroy Carlton. They had conspired to get picks 1 and 2 in this year's draft by trying to offload that overrated hack. Eddie got wind of that and the concern was that some clubs were actually considering outlaying big bucks for him, potentially giving them pick 2.

Eddie to the rescue. Came up with a plan to feign interest in recruiting him on big dollars only to have him "fail" the medical test. Other clubs being aware that he had "failed" a medical at the Pies quickly lost interest. End result, he stays at the Blues and they miss out on pick 2.

Well done Eddie Very Happy
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:50 pm

I throw up a little, every time I see the title of this thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 25 of 28   

Jump to: