Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kreuzer to Pies??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
Surely no one would offer Kreuzer the amount of money to warrant band 1 compensation.

Same with Luey.

The AFL though would love to be able to hand out a priority pick to these two clubs under the guise of F/A compensation so anything is possible.

You'd certainly be worried if Collingwood did. I can see that he might be useful for some teams who are worried about their ruck depth but he's never really done anything to justify being taken at number 1 and has struggled badly with injuries. He's not quite big enough for a ruck, not quite mobile enough for a KPF and not quite skilled enough to be a star at anything. He's a bit like Leigh Brown (who, after all, was originally a pick 4), except that he isn't as physical. I really hope Collingwood doesn't have him in their plans.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:39 pm

Mike Fitzpatrick will ensure they receive top compensation and a priority pick. At least the Swan's called him out on his corruptness.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:37 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Surely no one would offer Kreuzer the amount of money to warrant band 1 compensation.

Same with Luey.

The AFL though would love to be able to hand out a priority pick to these two clubs under the guise of F/A compensation so anything is possible.

Well Melbourne got band 1 compensation for Frawley last year, and Kruezer would be paid more than Frawley, so lock it in.

Same applies for Luey. If he gets roughly the same dollars as Frawley lock in the first 4 picks to Carlton and Brisbane.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:41 pm

We've already got Reid locked down for the "Always injured Star player" role, I don't think we need a backup.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:04 pm

Wokko wrote:
We've already got Reid locked down for the "Always injured Star player" role, I don't think we need a backup.

Hey, the AFL give us a "long-term-injury" spot on the list; we may as well allocate it to somebody?

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:08 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Same with Luey.

Well Melbourne got band 1 compensation for Frawley last year, and Kruezer would be paid more than Frawley, so lock it in.

Same applies for Luey. If he gets roughly the same dollars as Frawley lock in the first 4 picks to Carlton and Brisbane.

The sooner we get rid of free agent compensation picks the better. What happens when the first ten teams in the draft all lose a free agent, pick 11 becomes 21? Ridiculous.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:30 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Same with Luey.

They did but Frawley at least had an AA to his name.

He's worth more than Kreuzer if anything.

If we did intend on using Witts as part of a trade deal I'd only be interested in Kruezer if he came in at around the $400,000-$425,000 a year mark which isn't much more than the reported 1.5 million over 4 years being offered by the scum.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:36 pm

[quote="swoop42"][quote="thebaldfacts"]
swoop42 wrote:

If we did intend on using Witts as part of a trade deal I'd only be interested in Kruezer if he came in at around the $400,000-$425,000 a year mark which isn't much more than the reported 1.5 million over 4 years being offered by the scum.

Ave wage is around $300K, so that seems really low. Some Carlton fan on SEN said Blues offering Kreuzer $680K but doggies offering $700K+.

Very surprised if he isn't being offered $500K plus.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:38 pm

^^It's been reported that Charlie Dixon will get $600k+ from Port. Kruezer would likely get at least that. You have to remember that a free agent will always be paid an inflated salary, that's what competition does.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:56 pm

Man people should take a look at his career stats.

I was shocked. Never kicked more than 13 goals in a season so his forward ability is way overrated.

A poor mans Josh Fraser and no way known is he worth more than $500,000 a season.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:58 pm

^^I don't actually want him. He's never been good as a forward so isn't a great fit in combination with Grundy anyway. Wouldn't be dead against his signing, but I don't think he's a good option.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:58 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^I don't actually want him. He's never been good as a forward so isn't a great fit in combination with Grundy anyway. Wouldn't be dead against his signing, but I don't think he's a good option.

So Play Cox instead?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:02 am

In any case, Can you remember any time that He's did it?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:01 am

swoop42 wrote:
Man people should take a look at his career stats.

I was shocked. Never kicked more than 13 goals in a season so his forward ability is way overrated.

A poor mans Josh Fraser and no way known is he worth more than $500,000 a season.

Personally, I don't think he's worth $500,000 a season and I will maintain that view, even if some team is desperate enough to give him $600,000 or more. He's an average player, at his best, and his value remains inflated by his status as a former pick 1. Like, as you say, Fraser.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:02 am

According to the Herald Sun, Pies have entered the race for Kreuzer. Will be subject to medical.

Also Hawks, Tigers and doggies also circling, so could be a bidding war.

Pick 2 to Blues as well it seems.

Sorry can't post link due to paywall. Will be on news.com at some point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 9 of 28   

Jump to: