Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kreuzer to Pies??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
HE wont come, as if little twerp smiley face Bolton would let him come too us, or anywhere,for that matter. ?

FA so Carlton have little option other than to match the offer (which apparently would be higher than the pittance they're reported to currently have on the table) and force a trade.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:10 am

swoop42 wrote:
Another thing.

With the introduction of F/A, future trading and overseas talent identification becoming more wide spread it's going to be increasingly easier to manoeuver rucks to your club when required.

With the way the game is heading also clubs will increasingly be looking for slightly undersized but more mobile ruck/forward options like Martin.

McKernan at Essendon another example of a low cost recruit who at 25 is having a career best season and might well improve again next year.

You were making a good argument until you mentioned McKernan.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:11 am

John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Another thing.

With the introduction of F/A, future trading and overseas talent identification becoming more wide spread it's going to be increasingly easier to manoeuver rucks to your club when required.

With the way the game is heading also clubs will increasingly be looking for slightly undersized but more mobile ruck/forward options like Martin.

McKernan at Essendon another example of a low cost recruit who at 25 is having a career best season and might well improve again next year.

mckernan has played two semi decent games for essendon. labelling it career best is a bit of a stretch.

Actually I think that is his career best, 2x consecutive average games.
E 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:12 am

inxs88 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
neil wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
neil wrote:
woftam wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Magpie-Pep wrote:
forward to 2017.....

"grundy and witts are best 1-2 ruck combination in the comp".....

FULL STOP..

The potential is definitely there. A lot will need to go right however. They are already doing OK in the hitouts department. Mainly I just want to see them holding a few more marks, so they can have some impact around the ground.

It will come Rudeboy. In a couple of years we will be reaping the benefit of giving them so much senior experience.

This is why any talk of trading Witts is insane
You trade from areas you have extra players not a shortage.
Trade Witts and then recruit a ruckman is a no win situation

It could easily be under the right circumstances.

Witts for Carlisle as an example.

Kreuzer for nothing via F/A.

A rapidly developing Cox in reserve.

Our side would be stronger next year IMO if that was to occur.

Any plan that depends on an international recruit who has played about 16 VFL games as the total Australian rules games has a major flaw. I hope Cox can make it but will never support making any recruiting/trading plans that depend on him having a successful AFL career.

You've overlooked the part where we draft a ruck choice for nothing in terms of F/A or a cheap alternative via the draft.

With no Witts again this week I'm starting to think he could already be earmarked for trade should the right deal present itself or has already done so.

Witts part of the Treloar deal.

Witts for Carlisle.

Witts for a top 15 pick.

Witts for S.Reid.

I would do any of the above. Not that I don't see upside in Witts but one characteristic that is obvious with Jarrod since he started is he "doesn't want to hurt/kill" his opponents. Players of a commensurate body shape/size like Mumford have this trait and Jarrod strikes me as a less talented Wes Fellowes circa 1986.

The Sam Reid trade makes some sense: unite with his brother, he can swing back or forward and is still young enough with a better attitude than Carlisle

Not that i disagree with the logic. Witts might be our best trade chip (although i agree with Neil - you dont trade Witts if any part of the conversation is - We have Big Cox! - must have plan B - we saw what happened in '11 when Jolly went down and we had so few options in the ruck we actually went with a lame Jolly).

Its just that if you get a Sam Reid, why would you want the ability to swing him back and forward. You already have two Reids. Put one back and one forward and leave them. That is the reason to get him. So that you have enough Reids to go around. No?

I like the - get Kreutzer in FA to be a back up. his brittle body wont stand up to 22 weeks but he might give us 10 good games and if the disaster scenario happens and Grundy is hurt in the finals, you have someone who can step it up.

E 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:13 am

jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
HE wont come, as if little twerp smiley face Bolton would let him come too us, or anywhere,for that matter. ?

FA so Carlton have little option other than to match the offer (which apparently would be higher than the pittance they're reported to currently have on the table) and force a trade.

Carlton would be salivating at the opportunity to get a high draft pick as comp for losing Kreutzer.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:03 pm

E wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Carlton would be salivating at the opportunity to get a high draft pick as comp for losing Kreutzer.

Exactly. The chance to stuff up picks 2&3 is an itch they'll need to scratch.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:48 pm

I think he would be a good pick up.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:10 pm

jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Another thing.

mckernan has played two semi decent games for essendon. labelling it career best is a bit of a stretch.

My point still stands regarding McKernan.

Cost nothing via trade as a mature aged mobile ruck back up.

McKernan 8 games, 5 goals, 17.38 disposal ave., 22.12 hit out ave.
Witts 11 games, 5 goals, 10.45 disposal ave., 22.27 hit out ave.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:18 pm

swoop42 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Another thing.

My point still stands regarding McKernan.

Cost nothing via trade as a mature aged mobile ruck back up.

McKernan 8 games, 5 goals, 17.38 disposal ave., 22.12 hit out ave.
Witts 11 games, 5 goals, 10.45 disposal ave., 22.27 hit out ave.

McKernan 25, should be hitting his prime, zero upside. Witts, 23 still developing, lots of upside. If Witts hasn't passed McKernan's current performances toward the end of 2017 I'll bare my butt in Burke Street Mall.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:28 pm

Regardless of whether we're even interested in Kreuzer (which I'm beginning to doubt), I think it's more likely we'd keep White as our reserve ruckman rather than Witts. For all his faults, White is more versatile and can play as a ruck or key forward. This would increase the likelihood of Witts being put on the trade table, since he would no doubt be wanting to play as the number one ruck, something he won't be doing while Grundy is here.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:41 pm

it would be great to annoy Blues fans and secure Kreuzer for that very reason alone!
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:19 pm

I think we should stay miles away from any Carlton players.

A look back at who we've picked up from Carlton since 1991 isn't pretty reading:

1991 - Fraser Murphy - Played 0 games for Collingwood
1992 - Ross Johns - Played 0 games for Collingwood
1996 - Brett Warburton - Played 0 games for Collingwood
2007 - Chris Bryan - Played 30 games for Collingwood
2012 - Jordan Russell - Played 9 games for Collingwood

Chris Bryan is the only player I enjoyed seeing playing in the black n white.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:21 pm

I reckon if the Blues are getting pick 3 as compo, they'd definitely be keen on moving him. Getting pick 1 or 2 means little, but getting two early picks is always handy.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:39 am

Surely no one would offer Kreuzer the amount of money to warrant band 1 compensation.

Same with Luey.

The AFL though would love to be able to hand out a priority pick to these two clubs under the guise of F/A compensation so anything is possible.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:23 am

ANNODAM wrote:
No, no & no.

Did I mention no?

But Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
It's PVL FFS!! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 8 of 28   

Jump to: