Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2015 Season in Review:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Blair's first 7-8 games were fair but his "ceiling" was hit 3 years ago.

Not actually accurate I don't think as I'm pretty sure he's having his best season since 2011. And furthermore, not relevant when there isn't a player offering more as a replacement. Until that player emerges, Blair will continue to get senior games. I don't see what's so difficult to grasp in that.

Not like you to take the contrary view Jackcass. Comparisons are all relative and to compare Jarryd to 2011 (the same year he got 3 possessions in a Grand Final, I think) is a lame reference point.

I think Dennis Commetti summed up Blair's output recently by calling him a "poor mans Puopolo". The quicker Blair is measured against top 8 small forwards and not himself the better we shall be.

At least be factually correct in your disparagement of a Collingwood player. You said he hit his ceiling 3 years ago (2012 or it could be argued 2013). 2011 was to this year his best ever season and it's almost statistically identical to 2015. I won't bore you with the Puopolo comparisons yet again because clearly facts aren't overly important to you. I won't post the Rioli comparison again either, again because facts aren't important to you.

And make up your mind, comparisons are all relevant or they aint.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:13 pm

Look your comments re comparing the worthiness of Blair to Cyril Rioli. Yes that's right Cyril Rioli speak for themselves and the lack of credibility they emit.

If you can get a 30% minority (not a 51% majority) on this site espousing the worthiness of Blair's historical, current and future worthiness to the Pies I shall acquiesce! Set up a poll Jackcass!!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:42 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Look your comments re comparing the worthiness of Blair to Cyril Rioli. Yes that's right Cyril Rioli speak for themselves and the lack of credibility they emit.

If you can get a 30% minority (not a 51% majority) on this site espousing the worthiness of Blair's historical, current and future worthiness to the Pies I shall acquiesce! Set up a poll Jackcass!!

I'm not the one with the Blair issue so why do I need to make a case. I don't really give a rats arse what you think about him, just addressing your continual need to be inaccurate.

As for the Rioli comparison... 2015:

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=5&pid1=3205&tid2=11&pid2=2312&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

Career:

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=5&pid1=3205&tid2=11&pid2=2312&type=A&fid1=C&fid2=C

Am I saying I'd rather Blair in my side than Rioli... no. Am I saying that Blair is a better player than Rioli... no. But given Rioli's standing as one of the games best small forwards, there's not that much in it. So you just go on hating, I'll satisfy myself that Blair remains on our list and continues to get picked.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:09 pm

Truly truly bizarre Jackcass. If we apply your statistical logic to the following:

* Shane Watson would be a better batsman than Bradman
* the Woodies would be better than McEnroe and Lendl
* Luke Donald a superior golfer to Tiger Woods!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:28 am

inxs88 wrote:
Truly truly bizarre Jackcass. If we apply your statistical logic to the following:

* Shane Watson would be a better batsman than Bradman
* the Woodies would be better than McEnroe and Lendl
* Luke Donald a superior golfer to Tiger Woods!

Look forward to the presentation of the statistics that demonstrate all of the above.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:48 am

thompsoc wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
David wrote:
Good effort, but giving Blair 3/10 is a joke. Has arguably been in our top 10 this year. Honestly don't know what games some of you are watching.

Blair has certainly earned his spot this season, which is perhaps why we are 12th on the ladder. Until Blair is squeezed out, it will mean we are not a top team. Just ask yourself, would Blair get a game at Hawthorn, Eagles, Sydney or Freo?

All right I have had enough.
What is the point on playing the hobbit when we are rebuilding
and have a lot of young players begging for a game.
What does he bring that will either win us games or help bring the young ones
on?
I and many others are just flabbergasted as to why he gets a gig.

Old Jarryd perpetuated his stereotype last night! He is incapable of an overhead mark, drops chest marks, fumbles in tight and when in the clear he takes three thought processes (props/stops) to then move the ball on.
He doesn't kick goals, he is slow, he is never front or square, he is never
pointing or helping younger players to get to position.
ALL I get is he plays "the role" what ever the hell that is!

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:03 pm

Oh Inxs88 please don't be logical.
It is not a good look for the S&LB who view
Hobbit doubters to be like the Orcs from Lord of the Ring!
Jackcass has never ever admitted he is wrong on anything!
But even the Hobbit lovers are twitching and looking over their shoulders.
It won't belong now.
The Hobbit has done wonderfully well to get 100 plus games.
He should be proud of that and end his career playing with his brother
for Collingwood's............VFL team!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:56 pm

Think the hobbit is a protected species and we shall need to endure 90 more games of "coach insulation"
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:36 am

Taylor Adams gets my vote for most improved player this year.

The stats: http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-collingwood-magpies--taylor-adams
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:35 am

^^^
no doubt

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:26 am
Post subject: Re: Harvey passed on his Kicking SkillsReply with quote

Robbie wrote:
I have found it very worrying that the 2IC for Bucks, Harvey, has not been considered by any other Club looking for a new Coach. Mind you I am not surprised because his game style ensured he received plenty of the football with little impact and couldn't kick. Sound familiar! Today's football requires elite kicking skills and Harvey wouldn't know how to train anybody to achieve something he never valued. Their are a number of assistant coaches available that would lift their value in helping a talented young group become a team with great disposal by hand and foot. Bucks is not the right person to train players to kick because he was a great kick when still a Kid and wouldn't believe somebody not understanding how it's done. On the bright side, imagine the improvement gained by fixing just that one skill for 2016.

I've thought the exact same thing but am usually castigated when I try to bring it up. We do look like a team made in Robert Harvey's image.

The OP made a great point about PK. I hadn't thought about that before but it's true, if under Bucks, Stevie J's career would have been over after a few seasons and seven senior appearances.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:57 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Fair point but my wife hates the amount of time I am on this site already!!! Mad

Jeezuz; tell her to Get Over It!
It's all over, Red Rover, by Sunday arvo...

Then we take a spell until trade-time, then it's into Summer hibernation.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:42 am

Dangles wrote:
Taylor Adams gets my vote for most improved player this year.

The stats: http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-collingwood-magpies--taylor-adams

Crisp and Varcoe might give him a run.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:39 pm
Post subject: Re: 2015 Season in Review:Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
Given our Captain said we are "playing for nothing" I figured I may as well bring my season review forward. Players are rated out of 10 for their body of work/achievement over the season and for those who played Reserves only, shall be graded accordingly to that level.

14. Clinton Young: n/a. Hammy's hammy's hammy's. Nice try Bucks recruiting Clinton but "epic fail". Shall retire.

So there we have it. Purely subjective of course, however I sense some of the views echo the thoughts of many Nick bloggers. Welcome any feedback.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/C/Clinton_Young.html

Signed on as a free-agent at end of 2012, an elite kick of the ball, once the inherent ball-slaughtering of the squad first became painfully evident...
What a great acquisition, many of us thought...

Okay let's do the math... speculation his contract is $350,000-$400,000 per season, for three years. So... in theory $1,200,000.00 for the duration, divided by games actually played in seniors in that now expired period: 21.
Does that really equate to $57,000.00 per game?
Or am I exaggerating his actual contract figure?

Proceeds to miss most of 2013 with a "hamstring" injury.
Plays 19 games in 2014, most serviceably.
Can't get a gig in 2nd half of 2015, when fit, when half the team couldn't run out of sight on a dark night... HUH?! Shocked

Why is coach dickhead paying this bloke a kings ransom to rot away in the reserves until his contract expired, while half the team cannot hit the side of a barn by foot?
The seasons over, we haven't made the finals. Again.
Let the tough questions begin...

Dyso

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: