Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Point me towards the Captain desertion thread?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

didick wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
The problem is what Scott said was a direct contradiction to what Buckley said about the team wanting to be an unconditional team. To play to win all the time under any circumstances. Get on the same page guys, no wonder we're a mess out there.

Not quite. Said it was the first time that we were playing without the lure of finals, not that we rolled over. And that's despite the outcome.

Doggies playing for a finals berth, beaten by 77 points.
Freo playing for the minor premiership and top spot, the option to play 4th instead of 3rd placed team, beaten by 11 points.
Cats playing for a finals berth, draw with St Kilda.
Giants playing for a finals berth, beaten by 89 points.
Hawks playing for top 2 and a home final, beaten by 22.

You probably should add St Kilda, near the bottom of the ladder, could improve their drafting position by losing, a young team that played their guts out for their teammates and supporters. Draw with Geelong.

It was added.

4everpies 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:49 pm

I heard the interview with Pendles and those who jumped on him for what he said, either chose to misunderstand him or they are really really thick. Evil or Very Mad
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:57 pm

Tannin wrote:
About the plague of Chicken Littles posting here lately:

Piesnchess wrote:
jeeesus, would not want those buggers next to me in the trenches. Rolling Eyes

Got it in one.

If I was between a rock and a hard place there are some here that I would proudly stand next too And then there are the others ????

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Tannin wrote:
About the plague of Chicken Littles posting here lately:

Piesnchess wrote:
jeeesus, would not want those buggers next to me in the trenches. Rolling Eyes

Got it in one.

If I was between a rock and a hard place there are some here that I would proudly stand next too And then there are the others ????

the rock would certainly have more fortitude.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:59 pm

4everpies wrote:
I heard the interview with Pendles and those who jumped on him for what he said, either chose to misunderstand him or they are really really thick. Evil or Very Mad

And then there are others who take great enjoyment by painting the club and its servants in the worst possible light. And they have the audacity to call themselves supporters.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:00 pm

Lazza wrote:
didick wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
The problem is what Scott said was a direct contradiction to what Buckley said about the team wanting to be an unconditional team. To play to win all the time under any circumstances. Get on the same page guys, no wonder we're a mess out there.

Not quite. Said it was the first time that we were playing without the lure of finals, not that we rolled over. And that's despite the outcome.

Freo playing for the minor premiership and top spot, the option to play 4th instead of 3rd placed team, beaten by 11 points.

You probably should add St Kilda, near the bottom of the ladder, could improve their drafting position by losing, a young team that played their guts out for their teammates and supporters. Draw with Geelong.

It was added.

It was added from a Cat's perspective. Your list was written from the perspective of teams who were aiming for a finals berth, not from teams who couldn't make it, which I believe is a large part of the context of the conversation around effort.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:46 pm

Lazza wrote:
didick wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

It was added.

Different perspective Laz and equally valid. Same for Carltank, can't even get securing the No1 draft pick right.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:51 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
4everpies wrote:

And then there are others who take great enjoyment by painting the club and its servants in the worst possible light. And they have the audacity to call themselves supporters.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^ IS ^^^^ SPOT ^^^^ ON ^^^^

Absolutely 100% correct Member. Some of us having been fighting this tide for years but its now getting boringly tiresome to read such posts. Unfortunately, these fools will NEVER learn the true definition of being a club supporter because at best, they are merely fair weather FANS. Rolling Eyes

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:52 pm

^yES, WHEN you have so called fans, barrakers on here, and i use the term very lightly, actually wanting us too lose the last two games by 100 points, so bucks can be sacked now, that is the lowest of the low, too actually wish annihilations on the club, lower than a snakes belly. shameful.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:59 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
^yES, WHEN you have so called fans, barrakers on here, and i use the term very lightly, actually wanting us too lose the last two games by 100 points, so bucks can be sacked now, that is the lowest of the low, too actually wish annihilations on the club, lower than a snakes belly. shameful.

how dare you be so rational. Booooo!

You're not allowed to not allow negative posts- this is a forum- we can express ourselves and our opinions, stop trying to be so positive, we know best and we dont like people being negative towards our negativity, because thsi is a forum and we can express opinions, blah, blah, blah
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:01 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Dangles wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
Better then "Money man Dangerfield" that's for sure.

Pendles will take a pay cut for the second time this time around, let alone taking less money then what he could get at another club.

What was wrong with what he said anyway? IT WAS THE TRUTH.

We were playing for nothing, and it was the first time in his career that we really weren't going flat out to achieve anything of any worth.

I was kind of hoping he'd actually back the words up, as would Bucks, nothing wrong with the truth, ever.

In fact our club could do with more truth, we've been bullshitted to, and bullshitted about this club for far too long.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next two weeks when we're playing for nothing in those games. I don't get it. I know when I played footy I was always driven by personal pride to play to the best of my ability. Regardless of the stakes or the scoreboard.

Nope. When I played, we were undefeated all season with 2 games to go. Meaningless games cos we couldn't be removed from top. Suffice to say we lost to the bottom team at home by 100 points (!) and the second placed team in the final round by a few goals (two games that meant SFA)...then proceeded to waltz into the GF and win by 100. Human nature.

In last night's post game interview Pendles said he couldn't understand the lack of competivness in some of the players last week because he can't play a game of table tennis without being competative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: