Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Point me towards the Captain desertion thread?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangles wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
The problem is what Scott said was a direct contradiction to what Buckley said about the team wanting to be an unconditional team. To play to win all the time under any circumstances. Get on the same page guys, no wonder we're a mess out there.

Yes - how can our 900k apprentice coach not be able to communicate to the captain of our great football club that playing in front of 60,000 against an arch rival means something?

What the heck was he doing all week?
Practicing his press conferences?

I remember someone giving Dermott Brereton crap once about taking something trite like a dart game too seriously and telling him it doesn't matter and Brereton said "It all matters" 5 day. 5 night. Enough said.

Dermie is disapointed he was never a twilight premiership player!

www.facebook/the hybernators
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:43 am

Yes Pendlebury's comment reads bad, but it was taken totally out of context as the media loves doing. Pendlebury is one of our greats, but i agree as some have said does lack the brimstone and fire approach Maxwell had that seemed to work when he was Skipper.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:57 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Oh pahlease. Seriously? What he said was 100% accurate. Who cares? Our season is done. Hang on to 12 and get Pick 7 in the draft.

and DON'T give it away FFS. Use it in the draft.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:08 pm

Lazza wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Oh pahlease. Seriously? What he said was 100% accurate. Who cares? Our season is done. Hang on to 12 and get Pick 7 in the draft.

i'd be very surprised if we retained it. we don't really need it other than for trading leverage.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:16 pm

John Wren wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

i'd be very surprised if we retained it. we don't really need it other than for trading leverage.

Can you expand please JW? What greater benefit can we get from not picking the 7th best player in this years draft?

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:19 pm

Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Can you expand please JW? What greater benefit can we get from not picking the 7th best player in this years draft?

notwithstanding that hine said we would be actively trading, our list is at a point where we need to bring in 3-4 year players. if we all believe that we're not far off returning to finals footy a young draftee (that we would need to develop) is not going to help our cause as much as a ready made player.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:24 pm

John Wren wrote:
Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

notwithstanding that hine said we would be actively trading, our list is at a point where we need to bring in 3-4 year players. if we all believe that we're not far off returning to finals footy a young draftee (that we would need to develop) is not going to help our cause as much as a ready made player.

OK, thanks for that. Not sure that I comnpletely agree but happy to leave it up to the club experts who know these things much better than me.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:26 pm

Pendles was easily our best player and kept fighting all day. His comments were simply an attempt by him to excuse the piss poor performance of his teammates.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:51 pm

People who post on Nick's are entitled to express their opinions, which might include criticism of players, coach, board, captain etc.
In my opinion, those who criticise our captain's comments made after the thrashing by Richmond, lack respect for a champion and football knowledge.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:51 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
The problem is what Scott said was a direct contradiction to what Buckley said about the team wanting to be an unconditional team. To play to win all the time under any circumstances. Get on the same page guys, no wonder we're a mess out there.

Not quite. Said it was the first time that we were playing without the lure of finals, not that we rolled over. And that's despite the outcome.

Doggies playing for a finals berth, beaten by 77 points.
Freo playing for the minor premiership and top spot, the option to play 4th instead of 3rd placed team, beaten by 11 points.
Cats playing for a finals berth, draw with St Kilda.
Giants playing for a finals berth, beaten by 89 points.
Hawks playing for top 2 and a home final, beaten by 22.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:10 pm

jackcass wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

Not quite. Said it was the first time that we were playing without the lure of finals, not that we rolled over. And that's despite the outcome.

Freo playing for the minor premiership and top spot, the option to play 4th instead of 3rd placed team, beaten by 11 points.

i reckon they suffered a big let down after losing the sydney game. would be tough for the kids who had it built up like a final.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:52 pm

I reckon Pendles was taken out of context, anyway, wed just been belted, hed be feeling rotten, angry, upset, with himself and the team, not a good time too ask him that question. Id bet, in cold light of day, today, hed say a totally different response to what he said, i bet on that. Pendles is a terrific Captain, in my book, no worse than others i can recall, like max richardson, terry waters, ray shaw, bucks, burns, etc, he represents the club very well, leave him alone. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:54 pm

jackcass wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

Right on ! But, for the doomsayers, we lose one game really badly, and all hell breaks loose, jeeesus, would not want those buggers next to me in the trenches. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:10 pm

jackcass wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

You probably should add St Kilda, near the bottom of the ladder, could improve their drafting position by losing, a young team that played their guts out for their teammates and supporters. Draw with Geelong.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:19 pm

About the plague of Chicken Littles posting here lately:

Piesnchess wrote:
jeeesus, would not want those buggers next to me in the trenches. Rolling Eyes

Got it in one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: