Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Cats - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Toovey rested lol.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:13 pm

R_T_RUSH wrote:
Dragging Fasolo at half time last week, yet he is named this week.

Love to see the stats on other clubs who have dragged a player after 2 qrts and the said player is named the following week?

Yes it is pretty weird.
Bucks believes in a slow rebuild
so no quick fixes for Bux.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:20 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Parkin said team is Mentally and Physically Stuffed

He may be right , but Parkin should be stuffed and placed in an op shop window and have an old sock put in his mouth.
]

He is lot better then Younger Ones on these Panel Shows and Commentators

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:21 am

Anyone else find it amusing that both Harry O and Dawesy are both out for the Dees in the same week?

Not overly happy with what looks like conservative changes. I guess there's nothing but pride to play for so why make ridiculous changes. Dunno... I'm over it... like plenty of others I suspect!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:16 am

We need to show some passion and energy tomorrow! I don't expect us to win as Geelong has too much to play for and will be desperate for a victory to keep their finals hopes alive but we seriously need a response one way or another regardless if we fall short in the end.

Only making two changes was a conservative move by the coaching staff but I'm happy to see both Brown and Scharenberg in the side. A little disappointed to see Frost back in the VFL but he's had a really good run in the senior side for nearly two years so no shame in going back to the VFL to find his form again. I interpret Toovey's rest as him being dropped but maybe I'm misconstruing that though.

As other posters have suggested, I'd like to see Bucks make some bold moves and try some new things. We're not going to make the finals so it'll be good to see if he can free up the players and let them take the game on and play a more man-on-man style of footy rather than constantly implementing a zone defence that opposition sides have been exploiting for a while now.

We were terrible last week and many will probably stay away and understandably so but I can't resist the temptation of attending again and seeing whether the boys can produce something special or at least show some pride and passion for the jumper after last week's insipid effort against Richmond especially in the last quarter.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:25 am

I don't mind us implementing a zone defence. Not one bit.

But I friggin hate how bad we are at it!

In any case, we are a good man-on-man side. We win more contests than we lose, when we play one-on-one.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:37 am

Well I can see 1 of 2 Things Happening:

We Win by 10-20 Pts
Or we will get Smashed by 50+ its
The Point is super Important.

We need to start well because I think IF we fall too far behind the Same Thing will happen as last week vs the Tigers.

Just hoping for a 4qtr Effort and Kids Playing Good Games. Moore to have a Big Game and Kick another Bag of 5

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:10 am

Defender wrote:
Toovey rested lol.

Defender I think you misunderstood mate
He was rested for general soreness because his been anal raped all season it had to take a toll sooner or later
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:17 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
There has to be some serious worries about Kennedy. Still unable to crack it for a game. May be the most disappointing player on our list this season.

Good to see Scharenberg back and the inclusion of Brown is very important, the overly young defense was ugly last week. We won inside 50s quite considerably but still lost by almost 100. Most do well individually but there's little concept of teamwork.

I don't think that's a fair observation. Kennedy has been our best and most damaging VFL player throughout the season. His problem is that he is brought up to the seniors to play a position of small forward to which he is not suited and in which he plays exactly none of his good VFL footy. He is, I think, only a mid - a classic, old-style "rover" - see ball, get ball, hand it off if there's no space to run out of the contest or else break into space, use his speed to clear the lines and get the ball forward very quickly. Whether he can play that role in the seniors is a very serious question about which I share your doubts but I am confident that he will never cement a place in the team playing as a "small forward" and I think a large part of his problem is that he only ever gets to fill that vacancy.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:17 am

That's it for me! We can't make the finals, yet we make only two changes in a side that was belted. A very conservative approach when there's nothing left to conserve. I'm fuming!!

I'm pretty close to giving up altogether on watching our team play. I've absolutely had it! Sinclair, Fasolo, Blair all get a pass mark, do they? Karnezis, Young, Seedsman, Kennedy and/or even experimenting with White in a different position with nothing left to lose for the season is not simply fatuous, but utterly bananas! What about poor Witts who's put together a number of solid games.

Buckley is setting a DANGEROUS precedent that you won't get rewarded for good form in the seconds, like EVER! I was excited to see the team selection last night, wondering and hoping that we'd get to try out a few things but NOOO, two bloody changes and that's it! I'm happy to see Scharenberg and Brown in the side but come on, what about the others??!! How about trying Oxley as a forward. Try something, anything! If you can't experiment now, then what the HELL are you waiting for???

It's not all doom and gloom. Collingwood has just set a new AFL record of playing a guy who was dragged at halftime with four touches.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:28 am

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Anyone else find it amusing that both Harry O and Dawesy are both out for the Dees in the same week?

Not overly happy with what looks like conservative changes. I guess there's nothing but pride to play for so why make ridiculous changes. Dunno... I'm over it... like plenty of others I suspect!

Dawes was clearly hampered during the Blues game and H got injured in the last quarter.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:46 am

Dave The Man wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Parkin said team is Mentally and Physically Stuffed

He may be right , but Parkin should be stuffed and placed in an op shop window and have an old sock put in his mouth.
]

He is lot better then Younger Ones on these Panel Shows and Commentators

Rubbish Dave, Parkin is a bitter piece of rotten lounge suite!

www.facebook/the hybernators
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Bucks has selected a 22 he thinks can win this game which is great to see.
Problem is Sinclair still has the photos.

Browny has a big job and id love to see Varcoe go with Stevie J for a while.
Tommy looks close to cooked again so he goes to Menzel if he starts or sub Langdon if Menzel is sub.
Id love to see Marley go with Selwood for a while, and give Sinclair some responsibility if u really want to save his career please.

Cockatoo is super super dangerous and looks ready for a big one.

Our forward line is not in form but we have the overall talent if everything can click to still win. Geelong have been super inconsistent with some great wins and shite losses/draws.

I think Scotty will have em cranked right up for this. They love the big stage those blokes.

CATS by 35
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:51 pm

There is a bit to play for tonight me thinks.

Firstly the whole football world will be looking on to see if we respond to last weeks rancid display as will we the members and supporters.

We need to show some pride in performance and jumper on the back of a dismal second half of the season and prove we can still match it with a team above us.

Secondly beating Geelong is always nice.

Beating Geelong and putting them out of the finals race even sweeter.

Thirdly I will take some small comfort in the knowledge that beating Geelong tonight will guarantee Adelaide make finals.

Given what has transpired at that club this season who wouldn't be pleased to see them achieve that.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:02 pm

JUST TWO blood changes, after that utter debacle last week, there should have been at least four, at the very least, ;put a rocket up some of em. And NO Yank picked, FMD, he may have been our big big X factor tonght, this selection committee is giving me a real pain in the arse. Im not confident tonight, if we can get within four goals, its a pass, IMHO. I hope for an upset, if only to jamm it up that red haired pig Ling, his crucifixion of Nat Brown was a damn disgrace, love to beat hs suck Pussies and jamm it right up his red haired ass, good and proper. GO PIES !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: